Author Topic: Hassan Whiteside  (Read 2482 times)

Hassan Whiteside
« on: June 06, 2010, 05:12:42 AM »

Offline RondoKid

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Hoopshype has us taking him at #19.
Don't know much about him. But he seems like a major risk even at #19. Good shot blocker.

Best cast and worst case player?

Re: Hassan Whiteside
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 10:06:51 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I think the Celtics are going to draft with a calm air about them.....meaning they'll take the best overall talent (if they see separation between this or that player).
I think if Whiteside fell to 19 they would take him, even though there are some ready-to- contribue Paul Pierce backups in the draft....
Taking Whiteside would then mean they approach free agency with a bit more urgency in terms of championship window extension......(making up for Whiteside's inexperience, etc...)
I think it would be one of those "have to" sort of things if Whiteside's still there....

That's why I'm praying for more than one pick.....I think there are plenty of players in this draft who can contribute next year...

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 10:17:28 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
Hoopshype has us taking him at #19.
Don't know much about him. But he seems like a major risk even at #19. Good shot blocker.

Best cast and worst case player?

Best case:  a 7 foot tall dennis rodman who can score
worst case:  Hakeem Olowjawon

better take him if he's there!

okay seriously, i don't know enough about him for best and worst case......

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 10:40:10 AM »

Offline SCBirdman

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 31
I am hoping we can buy Minny pick @ 16, draft a big like Whiteside, Orton, or the big kid from Baylor.  Then at 19 take Anderson from Okie St. or Damien James.

Someone is going to slide. It happens every draft. Someone will be on the board at 19 that wasn't supposed to be there. I am hoping it is the right guy for us.

If we buy a later pick, maybe we can get Anderson or James at 19, then draft Alabi with our second 1st round pick.

I would prefer 16 and 19 however.

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 10:48:22 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Hassan Whiteside blocked 5.4 shots in only 26.1 minutes a night but his team ranked way down in 132nd place in defensive efficiency. If Whiteside was a legitimate NBA defensive player there is no way his team would be struggling like that defensively. Not with a seven footer who is blocking shots at that clip.

So, for the time being anyway, Whiteside is a shot-blocker who is lacking in overall defensive impact.

From the descriptions I have heard of him, he is a timid player with a very nice midrange jump shot and solid offensive skill-set. He has great size and athleticism and is very good weakside shot blocker and is a solid rebounder. Nice tools but very raw.

Hard to come up with a good comparison for him. His offensive skills make it difficult enough but his uneven defensive play makes it doubly troublesome.

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 10:52:19 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
Hassan Whiteside blocked 5.4 shots in only 26.1 minutes a night but his team ranked way down in 132nd place in defensive efficiency. If Whiteside was a legitimate NBA defensive player there is no way his team would be struggling like that defensively. Not with a seven footer who is blocking shots at that clip.

So, for the time being anyway, Whiteside is a shot-blocker who is lacking in overall defensive impact.

From the descriptions I have heard of him, he is a timid player with a very nice midrange jump shot and solid offensive skill-set. He has great size and athleticism and is very good weakside shot blocker and is a solid rebounder. Nice tools but very raw.

Hard to come up with a good comparison for him. His offensive skills make it difficult enough but his uneven defensive play makes it doubly troublesome.

well, he's too young and raw to look at his team's record or anything like that, a major project.  However, if there's concern about timidity, motor, or any of that stuff, then better stay away...

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 03:23:58 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Oh man. This is about as similar to my last post as i could have asked for.