Author Topic: Eric Bledsoe  (Read 2135 times)

Eric Bledsoe
« on: June 01, 2010, 05:32:10 AM »

Offline RondoKid

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
No, not suggesting we take him at #19.
But if we can somehow grab another 2nd rouner in the top part of the round. Has a lot of potential, was forced to play mostly the 2 in College because John Wall. But he is a legit player in his own. High risk/High reward type guy.

Re: Eric Bledsoe
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 08:00:40 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I could see a team like the hawks (#24 in the first round #53 in second) trading both these pick to the celtics for the 19th if they really think bledsoe could be there future PG and the celtics want a player who they believe will stll be there at 24.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 01:22:31 PM »

Offline RondoKid

• Xavier Tillman
Bledsoe at #19 would be way to high for him. Not to mention the Hawks picked Teague last year who they're high on.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 01:27:48 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
If we got Bledsoe at 19, I would be OK with it in an "in Ainge we trust" sort of way.  He is by all accounts a top tier talent, the question is whether how it transfers to the NBA.  If Danny thinks it will transfer, then I don't think 19 is too high.

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 01:32:08 PM »

Offline RondoKid

• Xavier Tillman
I don't want him at #19. We would be better off trading up or buying a pick in round 2 in the top part of the round.

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 02:16:22 PM »

Offline SalmonAndMashedPotatoes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 119
LOL @ the people calling Bledsoe a 2nd round pick, or thinking he's not worthy of #19.  If he hadn't been forced out-of-position all year long by a stud like John Wall, Bledsoe would be a clear lottery pick and the best PG in this draft.  As it stands now, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the late lottery.

Depending on the team he goes to, Bledsoe could have a Darren Collison type impact in his first year.  He'd be a hell of a combo with Rondo off our bench, though I wonder if we don't have bigger more pressing holes at forward and center.  Regardless, Bledsoe is GREAT value where we're picking and if he's the best player available I wouldn't have any problem selecting him at 19.  He's just going to have a hell of a time getting any PT behind Rondo, but this team is starving for another point guard, even if only for 10 minutes a night.
Folly. Persist.

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 11:00:07 AM »

Offline ibby

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
People tend to fall during the draft for various reasons.  Glen Davis was widely thought to be a late first round pick and went in the second round.  Bledsoe is similar. 

nbadraft.net has him going between 20 and 25.  I think he will actually move up with combines and workouts.  Even if he doesn't the 22nd pick of the second round (52nd overall) is way to low to get him.  The Celtics would need to get to the top of the second round to even have a shot at him.

I would love to get him, but I don't think there is a shot.