Author Topic: Which Team Would You Trade/Buy A Pick From?  (Read 1408 times)

Which Team Would You Trade/Buy A Pick From?
« on: May 29, 2010, 09:06:16 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
It's been thrown around in some forums but I don't think it has its own thread. I know a lot of people want Danny to get an extra 1st round pick in this years draft.

1. Which team would we have the best chance trading/buying a pick from? (Also what would the trade package be if it is a trade?)
2. Which two players would you draft assuming we do have 2 picks?
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

Re: Which Team Would You Trade/Buy A Pick From?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 10:25:40 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
well, who to buy from I can't answer without inside info or a crystal ball.....buy from anyone would be my answer.....

Trade with?  Same as above.

But I love any thread that supports multiple picks :o   I personally would like 2 extra picks in the first round....

Minny's 16 and 23 would be perfect, if we could trade for/buy them....
At 16 Danny would be sure to get one of his faves...then at 19 there's another good one, and at 23 the one who falls.....

So here are a few 16, 19 and 23 scenarios:

Sanders, Babbit, Dominique Jones
Damion James, Hayward, Dominique Jones
Babbit, George, Dominique Jones (Babbit at 4 next to Baby at center)
Sanders, Damion James, Dominque Jones (James ready, the other 2 ready not long thereafter)
Babbit, Avery Bradley, Damion James/Pondexter
Avery Bradley, Damion James, Seraphin

Since I like the draft, there aren't any many multiple pick scenarios I'd react badly to.  Though, for the moment, I'm staying away from any PG/SG tweeners or combos not named Avery Bradley.  Dominique Jones is considered PG or SG, but he could play full time at SG, so I'm not considering him a tweener/combo type player.....The only potentially stuck-betweeen- position type players I like is Bradley....I say give him big minutes at SG and a few minutes at PG if he can do it......I don't care if he's small for SG.....look at his total effect on the game.....

« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 05:14:31 PM by wiley »

Re: Which Team Would You Trade/Buy A Pick From?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 10:49:49 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think Minnesota will be the most likely to move a pick as they have three and need veterans not three or more rookies. Since they are under the cap though I think they are more likely to trade the pick for a player since they won't have to match salaries and, if we are being honest, the likelihood of them being able to land a good free agent is next to nothing since they suck, will suck for a long time and are in the coldest of cold weather cities. Because of this I think we match up poorly with getting a Minnesota pick since we don't have the type of player they would want except Perkins and we wouldn't trade him for anything less than the 4th pick and that's not happening.

Oklahoma City also has multiple picks but they have a tremendously low salary structure as well and really just need a play like Perkins as well. Since their pick isn't a lottery pick, I don't see that happening either.

The two teams I see willing to out and out sell their first round picks due to economic reasons and because neither team sees players in that range being able to immediately help their needs and the extra $3 million and open roster spot and lack of need to commit guaranteed funds to someone who isn't going to help right away are Memphis and Atlanta.

24 and 25.

And for me that would be great. At one spot nab the future big and the other the SF I would like to see them pick up

SF: Damion James or Quincy Pondexter

Big: Larry Sanders or Ekpe Udoh or Cole Aldrich or Ed Davis