Author Topic: How's Rondo?  (Read 2067 times)

How's Rondo?
« on: May 28, 2010, 11:00:20 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
Is he healthy? I know he had some spasms in game 4 and I heard he wasn't himself in game 5. Obviously we need game 1-3 Rondo to pull this out. If he's healthy, I expect a slaughter tonight.
Still don't believe in Joe.

Re: How's Rondo?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 11:10:52 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I agree the key to tonight's game is Rondo.  He dominates, we win. He doesn't, I'm worried. 

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 11:15:35 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Agree with both you guys (TP) ... the key to this team playing well consistently, is Rondo, and a Rondo that can press, attack and get out ahead of the defense on the fast-break. When Rage is playing his best, this team is extremely difficult to beat.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 11:42:26 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
If he is healthy, the big question is how many times will he have to drive to the basket before Howard "inadvertantly" elbows him in the head or "inadvertantly" throws him to the floor or "inadvertantly" pushes him three rows into the crowd?

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 12:11:28 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Not only does Howard slam Rondo half the time, but he blocks his shot cleanly the other half.  Rondo has no problem with Jameer, but I have to say that Howard has been amazing at neutralizing Rondo.  All the more reason to dislike the guy!

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 12:14:10 PM »

Offline bobdelt

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
I think there's something going on. Either physically, or with the team's chemistry. I dont know if the big 3 appreciated Rondo being the story of the post season.

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 12:19:44 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I think there's something going on. Either physically, or with the team's chemistry. I dont know if the big 3 appreciated Rondo being the story of the post season.

I don't think chemistry is the issue. The big three looked very happy with the way things were going up to game 4, and they all said many good things about Rondo being the leader. I think he has played too many minutes for too many games so far in the playoffs, but the major issues have been foul trouble since the refs have turned on us, and Howard being under the basket when Rondo blows by people (whether it's a blocked shot or a cross body block, both methods have been getting the job done in stopping Rondo's penetration)

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 12:34:22 PM »

Offline bobdelt

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26

I don't think chemistry is the issue. The big three looked very happy with the way things were going up to game 4, and they all said many good things about Rondo being the leader. I think he has played too many minutes for too many games so far in the playoffs, but the major issues have been foul trouble since the refs have turned on us, and Howard being under the basket when Rondo blows by people (whether it's a blocked shot or a cross body block, both methods have been getting the job done in stopping Rondo's penetration)

I just hate seeing Pierce and Rondo call each other off half the time. It happens every time when there's 1 possession left in the quarter. And Pierce is becoming a little more selfish lately.