Author Topic: Can we please get some (good) News already?  (Read 6843 times)

Re: Can we please get some (good) News already?
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2010, 06:46:43 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
from the globe:

Davis a gametime decision; Rivers disappointed by techs
Link|Comments (1)Posted by Julian Benbow, Globe Staff May 27, 2010 06:07 PM
Celtics coach Doc Rivers was at least partially pleased that one of Kendrick Perkins’ two Game 5 technical fouls was rescinded after being reviewed by the league this morning. Still, he has a slew of health issues to address after Wednesday night’s brawl with the Magic.

A stray Dwight Howard elbow in the third quarter left Glen Davis with a concussion not to mention missing pieces of his teeth, and even though Davis has improved since he was last seen leaving the court in a daze, Rivers said he’ll be a gametime decision for Game 6 tomorrow at the TD Garden.

“Baby looks good,” Rivers said. “He was talking. He looked fine. He still has to go through a couple of tests this evening with our doctors to get clearance. He didn’t have any headaches today. He had some last night, which was a big step I guess. I think all of it will be a gametime decision so we’ll have to wait and see.”

Rivers said the status of Rasheed Wallace’s back would also be clearer around game time tomorrow. The veteran scored a team-high 21 points in the loss, but was achy as the Celtics flew back to Boston today.

“We watched some film before we got on the plane today as a group and he couldn’t sit down,” Rivers said. “So he just stretched the whole time. So he’s feeling better. He’ll be a gametime decision as well.”

Marquis Daniels, who was still visibly groggy after the loss, would likely not be available as he dealt with a concussion of his own.

“Marquis is not doing as well as Baby, I can tell you that,” Rivers said. “Right now I’m not so sure if he’ll be ready. I would actually say right now he probably will not be ready."

As for the league taking back the second of Perkins’ two technicals, a crucial decision that will save Perkins a suspension and keep him on the floor for the Celtics last home game of the series, Rivers said that as happy as he was with the outcome, he thought both should have been washed away.

“Obviously, I’m happy about it,” Rivers said. “I’m a little disappointed that both technicals weren’t rescinded. I thought they both should have been and I’m very surprised that they’re not. But I’ll take the one and hopefully we can keep working on it. Unfortunately, we can’t get those calls back. It clearly affected us in Game 5 not having Perk out on the floor.”

Rivers’s main gripe with Perkins, who is still treading on thin ice with six postseason techs, is that five of them have come on double-technicals with the likes of Shaquille O’Neal, Anderson Varejao and last night Marcin Gortat.

“These double-techincals for me are just an easy way to try to control the game,” Rivers said. “And unfortunately when you’re us or Orlando or any team that’s still alive they can come back to hurt you, and I don’t think that’s fair.”

The league also upgraded Paul Pierce’s fourth quarter foul on JJ Redick to a flagrant-1. Although, he disagreed, Rivers said he wasn’t worried about Pierce.

“That’s not going to be a big deal,” Rivers said. “Paul’s not going to be a guy that is going to have a lot of flagrant fouls. I don’t think we have to worry about him getting to that number -- that silly number.”