Author Topic: Ok, i tried...But please, please, pretty please draft...Cousins (homer warning)  (Read 6999 times)

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
I've tried my best not to show my biased homerism.  I talked myself out of writing this at least 10 times.  I understand that i'll probably be called stupid, biased, and get flamed...but..

I've been so crazy fortunate to be both a kentucky wildcat fan and boston celtic fan to have names such as walker, mccarty, delk and rondo wearing blue then green.

But i cant help it, i'm greedy.  

PLEASE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE move up and draft Demarcus Cousins.  HE WILL BE AN NBA STUD CENTER  
There i said it.

I know i run a huge risk of looking stupid(er) if this doesnt happen, but i really believe he has the skills and body to make an immediate rotation impact and the ability/toughness to be a long term dominating presence for a team in the right situation.

He just needs the right type of players coach to motivate him (Doc) and the right type of veteran players to influence him. (Even he wouldnt say no to KG, Perk)

All the press about him being a bad person, a hot head, a weight risk has caused him to fall from a guaranteed top 3 pick to as far down as possibly 7, even though he's been called the most dominating player in the draft by some.  Despite wall's skills, he is the type of big man that rarely comes around.  His PER numbers and production on limited minutes were AMAZING this year and steadily increased throughout the year.

To dispell some of the myths that may cause him to fall..

He's Out of shape and could be Oliver Miller 2.0 after making his millions...   False.  He was never made to work in high school and dominated despite being largely out of shape.  His conditioning improved dramatically, and can be seen in his increased numbers and conditioning throughout the college year.

He's an emotional risk, hothead, character issue, etc...   False.  He has a temper.  He plays with a chip on his shoulder with something to prove.  He's a tough player.  He is NOT a bad person.  Off the court, he's a video game playing child.  It was often reported that during team dinners, he would often be found playing video games and goofing off with coach cal's kids.  He's a ham in front of the camera, and doesnt shy from the spotlight.  He's a reporters dream for an interview.  Just ask his alter ego boogie.  = )

As far as availability, philly and NJ have both said they would be open to trading their pick for the right price..  
Send Sheed, Send Baby (whom i love), Send TA, Take your pick of any 2 non starters..  I just want Cuz in Green.

While i'm at it, please buy either minnesota's or memphis's first round picks.  Rumors have had them wanted to dump one or more of their multiples, and its a deep draft.  I need some summer league surprises.  = )

« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 01:08:14 PM by Chris »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
how do we go about make this trade?
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I'm willing to bet he will not be a stud center.

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
why would anyone team in the lottery want sheed? why would any team not in the lottery want sheed? a trade is possible, but sheed is close to untradeable.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I'd rather keep all the players you mentioned trading and draft Daniel Orton instead.

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I'd rather keep all the players you mentioned trading and draft Daniel Orton instead.

Meh. Not really a center. But if you want a PF, maybe...

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Meh. Not really a center. But if you want a PF, maybe...

I don't want him to be a Center, I want him to be the PF of the future to pair with Perk.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Unless the Celtics are willing to trade Rondo to land Cousins ... or ... if Cousins drops to around the tenth pick ... there is simply no way for Boston to get him. They don't have the trade assets.

Online Who

• James Naismith
I am worried about Cousins' defensive contributions but if he can improve there and become a solid defender ... I see no reason why Cousins shouldn't become a top 7 center in the NBA for the next decade.

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
Daniel Orton will be a solid project.  He's sound defensively and has more face up offense than he's shown.  But the guy averaged 3 pts in college behind patterson and cousins.  At best, he's a future project roation 3rd big at best i fear.  I wish him the best though..

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
I am worried about Cousins' defensive contributions but if he can improve there and become a solid defender ... I see no reason why Cousins shouldn't become a top 7 center in the NBA for the next decade.

Even being overweight, he has excellent feet and i've seen him cut off much faster guards when he got switched on them ie big baby.  He's by FAR the best rebounder and has more size than Dwight Howard in length/reach.  I love perk soooo much, but this is the only player i'd consider letting him go on.  Not saying i would do it, but i'd consider it hard...

Online Who

• James Naismith
In terms of athleticism, I would compare him to Eric Dampier.

And that is the reason why Cousins is highly unlikely to ever be a franchise type player. He could be a regular All-Star caliber guy, but not a top ten player.

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
...or we could just keep our current assets and draft Larry Sanders.

Put some weight on Larry Sanders and he will be very good.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

And that is the reason why Cousins is highly unlikely to ever be a franchise type player. He could be a regular All-Star caliber guy, but not a top ten player.

Not athletic but a nice shooting touch unlike Dampier.

The guy can score.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Not athletic but a nice shooting touch unlike Dampier.

The guy can score.

Yeah, he reminds me a lot of Zach Randolph.  Decent quickness, but not a great athlete, but incredibly skilled offensively.  Unfortunately, I think he is also similar to Randolph defensively.