Author Topic: Today's Official Report for Game 5 5/26  (Read 1731 times)

Today's Official Report for Game 5 5/26
« on: May 26, 2010, 10:02:57 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11844
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Today's Referees are:
Joey Crawford
Overall Home Team W/L 39-33
Playoff Home Team Win % 70%
Fouls called per game 48
Foul % Called on Road Team 23%
Crawford has been officiating games since 1977 and has officiaited more play-off games (266+) and NBA Finals Games (38+) than any other active referee. Crawford officiated just one Celtics game in the playoffs so far and that was game 5 of the Cleveland series, which was very well officiated. There is no shortage of controversy surrounding Joey Crawford, the biggest of which was a suspension for tossing Tim Duncan for laughing on the bench and then challenging him to a fight. He is known for his quickness to call technical fouls. In the 2008 Playoffs, Crawford was chosen to officiate Game 4 of the Western Conference final between the San Antonio Spurs and the Los Angeles Lakers. In the closing seconds of the game, there was a no-call where the Spurs' Brent Barry was unquestionably fouled by Derek Fisher. Crawford was the closest official to the call, and the NBA later apologized for the lack of a call. Crawford was also one of the refs who was involved in the income tax evasion convictions and was suspended at that time as well. And in the Suns 2010 first round against the Blazers, Crawford made what was possibly the worst foul call of all time when he called Marcus Camby for a foul and put Steve Nash on the line. You can judge for yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaZIAXJJDKQ&feature=player_embedded

Eddie F. Rush
Overall Home Team W/L 44/27
Playoff Home Team Win % 67%
Fouls called per game 46
Foul % Called on Road Team 48%
Rush has officiated over 1,300+ regular season games, 140+ play-off games and 9 NBA Finals games. Prior to joining the NBA, Rush worked high school games before progressing to college and professional basketball leagues. Eddie F. Rush is the only NBA ref to have officiated the last game of the NBA Finals for the last five seasons (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009). Rush is one of the few refs who calls a lower percent of fouls against the road team than the home team. He was the least liked ref by Cavs fans because he was the only ref that called more losses for them than wins. Rush has called 3 games for the Celtics so far this post season: Game 2 in Miami (W), Game 1 in Cleveland (L) and Game 6 in Cleveland (W). I know at least once I've heard Tommy Heinsohn getting very angry with Eddie F Rush and telling him he should go home.

Tom Washington
Overall Home Team W/L 42/30
Playoff Home Team Win % 86%
Fouls called per game 48
Foul % Called on Road Team 52%
Washington has officiated over 855+ regular season games and 55+ play-off games. He has two years of CBA officiating experience and five years of high school officiating experience in Philadelphia. He does a lot of church and charity work on his off time. This is his first Celtics game in the playoffs. In searching the web I couldn't find much controversy surrounding Washington. Most reports on him are positive. Kirk Hinrich was suspended for a game for hitting Washington's arm while arguing a second technical that had just been given him.

Re: Today's Official Report for Game 5 5/26
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 12:09:16 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
You're just the best, FL. Here I am trying to get together the game preview and I think to myself "I hope she put together that report, that would make this easier"..and here we are, now basking in your awesomeness.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner