Author Topic: The next players teams will tank for  (Read 2769 times)

The next players teams will tank for
« on: May 25, 2010, 09:53:02 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1087336

Sim, 17, is 7-4, 285 pounds.

Tanveer, only 15, is 7-2, 260 pounds.

The article stats the older one has 3 point range and that they both are very quick and agile.

Can't wait to see the NBA scouts go crazy over these two.  ;D

Re: The next players teams will tank for
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 10:05:46 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Nice Post, KWhit10.

When I read it, my first thoughts on Sim was "Ugh"...another 7 footer that doesn't play in the paint.

Three point range is nice, but at 7'4"?

Another Ralph Sampson?

Man, someone get him in touch with Clifford Ray or Patrick Ewing.

I'd like to see these two at Duke - a few years with Mike Krzewski and they won't shy away from the post. I like Mike's work with Bigs.

Tanveer seems more Post-Ready, I think.

NickAgneta's Historical Draft game has me longing for the good old days of Post Players..they seem to be a dying breed.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 10:14:00 AM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
I appreciate that they're working hard, but they don't sound like natural athletes:

Sim, who has lost 30 pounds, could not run the court more than two or three times. Tanveer, who started last season as a backup, needed a month before he could dunk after a running start.

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 10:16:29 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I appreciate that they're working hard, but they don't sound like natural athletes:

Sim, who has lost 30 pounds, could not run the court more than two or three times. Tanveer, who started last season as a backup, needed a month before he could dunk after a running start.

Yea they definitely have work to do.  But the younger one will have more time to develope.  It also sounds like they want educations.  So from reading the article I kind of expect them to stay 4 years in college.  However, once they get talking to people and the money coming their way it could definitely change their minds.

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 01:23:17 PM »

Offline RondoKid

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Dude is over 7 feet and couldn't dunk?  :D

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 01:37:56 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games

Yea they definitely have work to do.  But the younger one will have more time to develope.  It also sounds like they want educations.  So from reading the article I kind of expect them to stay 4 years in college.  However, once they get talking to people and the money coming their way it could definitely change their minds.

Athleticism is not something many 7+ footers possess, including many NBA centers.