Author Topic: Report: Wizards are desperate to dump Arenas  (Read 11475 times)

Re: Report: Wizards are desperate to dump Arenas
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2010, 01:16:12 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
i would not touch Arenas with a 10 foot pole.

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2010, 01:25:47 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
i would not touch Arenas with a 10 foot pole.

That's because you will still be in range for his many, many guns.

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2010, 02:05:43 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I posted this on page 2 of the thread, but got no replies.  I put a lot of thought into this offer and I'd really like to know whether or not you all might think this trade would be accepted by the included parties or not.  Would it benefit the 3 teams?

Cleveland trades: Mo Williams, Leon Powe, Boobie Gibson
Cleveland gets: Gilbert Arenas

Cleveland finally gets a legit #2 option to LeBaby.

NYK trades: Eddy Curry
NYK gets: Mo Williams

NYK turns waste of Curry into a "solid" role player in Mo, where they are already lacking a pg.

Washington trades: Gilbert Arenas
Washington gets:  Eddy Curry, Leon Powe, Boobie Gibson

Washington unloads the unwanted Gilbert contract for only 1 year of Curry, who could maybe become a nice trade chip as an expiring deal or used to sign a FA next offseason when they better know what type of player they want to surround Wall with.

2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2010, 02:07:43 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I posted this on page 2 of the thread, but got no replies.  I put a lot of thought into this offer and I'd really like to know whether or not you all might think this trade would be accepted by the included parties or not.  Would it benefit the 3 teams?

NYK turns waste of Curry into a "solid" role player in Mo, where they are already lacking a pg.

Washington unloads the unwanted Gilbert contract for only 1 year of Curry, who could maybe become a nice trade chip as an expiring deal or used to sign a FA next offseason when they better know what type of player they want to surround Wall with.

You manage to ruin ( if posible )
the 3 teams

I like it

If posible the lesser loser is NY but they will go flat out after LeBrut so i dont see thins happening.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2010, 03:10:06 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

No way Clev & NY do any trades that help one another until Lebron has made a decision.

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2010, 07:23:07 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
How "desperate" is desperate for Washington?

Would Boston be willing to take Arenas for the right deal?

Arenas, Blatch and draft picks for S/T Ray,Daniels and Sheed

It would have to be another Zadrunas deal where Ray and Sheed get bought out. Wiz can keep Daniels.
We get Arenas as our 6th man PG/SG. Blatch gets to work alongside KG and outplay BBD. And we get draft picks to build more around Rondo/Perk
Did you miss that memorable moment when Arenas flipped off the entire Celtics bench after draining a game winner? If you can point at one guy who is not coming to Boston, his name is Gilbert Arenas.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2010, 07:30:09 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
He starts at PG, guards the opposing PGs, and dominates the ball to initiate the offense. How is he not a PG?
I've mostly seen Arenas create shots for himself, not initiate offense. I guess we can agree to disagree, but the NBA is full of players at all positions that dominate the ball without being PGs (Wade and Iverson, to name a couple).

I'll disagree with you on his "numbers" at that usage. I'd much rather have a low usage efficient guy. Jacking up shots at TS% .510 is no way to win.
I'd rather Kendrick Perkins instead of Dwight Howard, but this doesn't invalidate my main argument: namely, that Arenas can produce, and that some GM might bite on that. Remember, different franchises have different priorities. Not everyone is at the stage where they fine-tune personnel decisions the way the Celtics do.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2010, 07:35:01 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
It would be a long SHOT to get him....hahhahaa........No, really, doesn't he get..like.......20-30 million a year...are you kidding....he isn't worth anywhere near that...for 5-6 million for 1 year...maybe......but he is probably bad chemistry...an Allen Iverson...give me the ball...he can shoot.......but so can AI.....!

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2010, 07:58:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Wizards won't be able to move Arenas for anything except as an expiring deal in 3 years.  If they want him gone, they'll have to cut him and pray Stern lets them out of some of that contract against the cap or luxury tax.  I doubt that will happen unless something else comes to light and Arenas ends up doing a real prison sentence as a result.

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2010, 08:57:14 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Sorry I don't buy it. No way the Wizards simply buy-out and eat that contract. He will be traded to a team that's looking to shed immediate payroll and gamble. $35 million worth of players for Arenas sounds right to me. The Wizards are in position to absorb too.

Charlotte is the type of team that could gamble for a guy like Arenas:

Diop
Chandler
Diaw
Mohammed

For

Arenas
McGee
Blatche
-----------------------------

McGee
Blatche
Wallace
Jackson
Arenas

6th
Thomas

- Bobcats save roughly $15 million for next season, create a more talented team, get a star looking to prove the world wrong and also two young bigs with nice contracts.

- Wiz get rid of Arenas, solid big men veterans, and are still in position to go all out for their prime target Carmelo Anothony next offseason.

The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2010, 10:16:17 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Any team willing to take on Gilbert would want at least one, probably two of the Wiz's young talented forwards.  I don't think it's a realistic deal in that respect.

I don't think Mo Williams is a D'Antoni-type point guard.

I DO think that Gilbert can still play, and isn't as bad of a character as he's made out to be.  I think the injuries have put him in a place to be humble for, perhaps, the first time in his career since draft day.  He'd be a great 2nd or 3rd option, and might be willing to lay low now more than he has in the past.  He's not worth his salary, but the Wiz have enough sweeteners to get a deal done if they really want to, but they'll be a worse team for it.

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2010, 08:59:52 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey

Any team willing to take on Gilbert would want at least one, probably two of the Wiz's young talented forwards.  I don't think it's a realistic deal in that respect.

I don't think Mo Williams is a D'Antoni-type point guard.

I DO think that Gilbert can still play, and isn't as bad of a character as he's made out to be.  I think the injuries have put him in a place to be humble for, perhaps, the first time in his career since draft day.  He'd be a great 2nd or 3rd option, and might be willing to lay low now more than he has in the past.  He's not worth his salary, but the Wiz have enough sweeteners to get a deal done if they really want to, but they'll be a worse team for it.

I agree with just about everything you said

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2010, 09:02:22 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
I'd love to see him go to the Mavs.

« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2010, 09:07:40 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey

Really? With Terry, Kidd and that kid from Northeastern (whose name escapes me at the moment) I don't see where he fits.

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2010, 09:10:17 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games

Really? With Terry, Kidd and that kid from Northeastern (whose name escapes me at the moment) I don't see where he fits.

Well, I felt like Kidd was the weakest spot in the playoffs for them.  He had a great season, but when it came time to face the Spurs I thought he was one of the biggest problems.  I have to believe he's on his way out of the league in the not to distant future.

There have been so many let downs for the Mavs over the years, and Arenas is an exciting player.  He might rejuvenate the franchise, and I can picture him playing well off of Dirk.  That's all.  I'm sure there are plenty of better places he could land, but I wouldn't mind him ending up there.