Author Topic: lottery picks we never talk about  (Read 3769 times)

lottery picks we never talk about
« on: May 22, 2010, 03:51:58 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Of course, since we have no current shot at the lottery we mostly don't talk about the guys in there except the ones at the very top, who are fun to talk about.....

So:

Patrick Patterson...too short?  I like the fact that he's a bruiser but also has a good outside shot..
Donatus Montjehunas:  misspelled, the next Dirk...the best player in the draft?  Major star?
Ed Davis: Too young and skinny?  He was higher before but slipped. Good slip or mistaken slip?
Wesley Johnson:  God I'd love to trade for this guy.....
Cole Aldrich: I've warmed up to him.  The Finals always features big guys and this one defends.
Aminu:  God I'd love to trade for this guy #2.

Okay:  Henry, Cousins, Udoh and Monroe have gotten a bit more blog ink than the above....
any comments on the above 6 players?

Re: lottery picks we never talk about
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 04:00:13 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
I like Wesley Johnson a lot. 

I think Aminu is one of those "raw" talents that certainly has the physical attributes that scouts drool over but I think needs to work on a lot of things before succeeding at the next level.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 04:28:34 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421
I don't watch college basketball but from the brief glimpses I have seen from them ...

Aminu -- Kirilenko-lite. Not as disruptive defensively but a plus defender with a very similar all-round game as Kirilenko.

Wesley -- Not enough bulk to play the four full time in the pros. He will need to switch to the three spot and he will be a similar player to Trevor Ariza there. A very good rebounder and defender with an efficient jump shooting complementary offensive play. Not convinced he has a good enough handle or shot creation abilities to be a major scorer versus quicker more athletic defensive players (SF vs PF) but he could become a Josh Howard type (more efficient version) if he adds that to his game. The type of player who would benefit hugely by playing in an offense like the Triangle (Pippen like only without the passing + ball-handling).

Patterson -- bigger version of Dante Cunningham. A useful rotation player.

Aldrich -- Not a star. A solid starting center so long as he has quick bigs around him. Good rebounder, solid defender, and a complementary player offensively.

I haven't seen the skinny Lithuanian play but he sounds like a suspect prospect from the reports I have read. More likely to be a Skita than a Dirk, a lot more likely. Questionable whether he can be a role player in the NBA due to a lack of defense + rebounding.

Ed Davis -- worst case scenario, he will be a solid defender + very good rebounder + very good complementary offensive player (better version of Amir Johnson). Very good case scenario, Davis turns into a good face up big man who can supply 17-21ppg in addition to his 10 boards and quality defense.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 04:36:43 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
edit
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 04:45:00 PM by misha »
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 04:42:00 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I'm just happy that we don't HAVE to talk about the lottery picks… Much nicer being contenders for the title, than the ping pong ball!

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 01:39:44 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
I want Xavier Henry sooooooooooo badly.

Praying something minor makes him fall to 19, even though it is highly unlikely.

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 11:49:05 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Of course, since we have no current shot at the lottery we mostly don't talk about the guys in there except the ones at the very top, who are fun to talk about.....

So:

Patrick Patterson...too short?  I like the fact that he's a bruiser but also has a good outside shot..
Donatus Montjehunas:  misspelled, the next Dirk...the best player in the draft?  Major star?
Ed Davis: Too young and skinny?  He was higher before but slipped. Good slip or mistaken slip?
Wesley Johnson:  God I'd love to trade for this guy.....
Cole Aldrich: I've warmed up to him.  The Finals always features big guys and this one defends.
Aminu:  God I'd love to trade for this guy #2.

Okay:  Henry, Cousins, Udoh and Monroe have gotten a bit more blog ink than the above....
any comments on the above 6 players?

The interesting thing is, some of these guys have been rumored to be slipping into the C's territory.  For example, in Chad Ford's mock draft, he had Henry going to the C's, and Patterson and Montejunas slipping into the 20's. 

This is going to be an interesting draft, and I think at least one or two guys are going to slip to 19. 

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 12:01:56 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If we could get a player like Henry I would be very excited. I think he could step in and immediately back up the 2 and 3 spot.

This playoff run has shown me that the C's should be playing their starters less in the regular season to keep them fresh. Henry would be someone we could play big minutes early to rest Pierce and Ray. In doing so we could develop our wing of the future.

That being said I don't think he slips that far.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 12:10:18 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
If we could get a player like Henry I would be very excited. I think he could step in and immediately back up the 2 and 3 spot.

This playoff run has shown me that the C's should be playing their starters less in the regular season to keep them fresh. Henry would be someone we could play big minutes early to rest Pierce and Ray. In doing so we could develop our wing of the future.

Yeah, I was shocked to see that on the mock too.  I also think he could turn into a star, particularly playing next to a PG like Rondo.

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 01:37:52 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

Yeah, I was shocked to see that on the mock too.  I also think he could turn into a star, particularly playing next to a PG like Rondo.

Henry or Patterson would both seem to fit right in to this team.  Polished, hard-working, and role-playing ability.

Don't think they'll slip too us though.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 01:47:52 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Henry would be fantastic. I could see him being able to play 20 mpg off the bench right away at the 2 and 3.

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 01:57:30 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
I would do everything in my power to trade up to 10-13 to try to grab Henry. He seems like a perfect fit to fill our backup 2-3 hole and would be a good young piece to build around with Rondo and Perk.