Author Topic: What would Minnesota do with the #1 pick?  (Read 6951 times)

Re: What would Minnesota do with the #1 pick?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 04:41:45 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Honestly, I think Evans is going to be the better player.  I think he is just a special basketball player, while Wall is a special athlete.  However, Wall is the concensus #1, so you have to either take him, or trade down.

I don't think you can take Turner just because you have a PG though.  If you think Wall is the better player, then you need to take him.  But I think the case can be made that Turner is going to be the better player.

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 04:54:08 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I also think Evans could turn out as valuable as Wall, or even better....but that a G.M. pretty much has to take Wall at this point....

Evans is hurt by playing a position that is perceived as easy-to-fill, but G.M.s should remember that that doesn't mean the SG won't be an MVP Type player (Kobe, for example)...and Wall benefits from being a PG.

So, teams who end up in the second slot, what would they offer along with the 2cnd pick to move into the first slot?  Would N.J. offer the #2 pick plus Devin Harris to get the #1 pick and a second rounder, for example?

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 10:52:34 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
Assuming N.J. takes Favors.....

I'm now wondering what Minny will do with the 4th pick.......take ex-Flynn teammate and well-liked personality Wesley Johnson, or go with a feisty personality who brings the beef, Cousins.
They claim they want more defense, and Cousins would bring the defense and intimidation they're looking for, and also make the trade of Love or Jefferson more viable......having a hard time predicting the pick.....

which is an intersting aspect of this draft.........I'd say there's a lot more variability in where the lottery picks will be chosen after the top 3 than in previous years....and the #3 pick's not a lock either (though probably Favors).

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 11:16:35 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I think they have to take Wesley Johnson.  With Cousin's attitude/weight issues it's too much of a risk to take him that high.  I think Monroe and Aminu could be other guys they look at it.  Also, if they're really looking for defense, I could see them trading down and taking Aldrich who is probably the best defensive big in the draft.
do it

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 11:24:55 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
I think they have to take Wesley Johnson.  With Cousin's attitude/weight issues it's too much of a risk to take him that high.  I think Monroe and Aminu could be other guys they look at it.  Also, if they're really looking for defense, I could see them trading down and taking Aldrich who is probably the best defensive big in the draft.

Interesting.  If they traded down for Aldrich I wonder what else they could get too....which team 5-10 has a jones for Cousins or Johnson?  Then we could figure out what else Minny (Celtics Midwest) might get in the deal.....I kind of like the Aldrich idea......I'm guessing Aldrich would fit better with Love than with Jefferson?

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 11:33:20 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think they end up trading Jefferson, and grabbing Demarcus Cousins.

That or they use all 3 of their picks to move up and get Turner.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19