Author Topic: Today's Official Report for Game 2 5/18  (Read 5268 times)

Today's Official Report for Game 2 5/18
« on: May 18, 2010, 09:54:39 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Today's Referees are:

Joe DeRosa
Home Won Loss 44/25
Playoff Home Team Win % 63%
Calls 51 fouls per game
% Fouls Called on Road Team 52%
Home Techs per game 1.1, Road techs per game 1.4
DeRosa has officiated over 1,000+ regular season games, 75+ play-off games, and 5 NBA Finals games. DeRosa was the crew chief for Game 1 against the Heat when the melee broke out and KG was ejected. He was also the crew chief for the game 4 win vs Cleveland.

Marc Davis
Home Team W/L 43-30
Playoff Home Team Win % 57%
Fouls called per game 52
Foul % Called on Road Team 53%
Davis has officiated over 460+ regular season games and 7 playoff games. When not officiating, Davis is a motivational speaker who speaks to sales forces on topics including goal setting, team building, the mechanics of presentation. Davis was investigated for threatening to whoop Allen Iverson's a** when AI complained about a call in a game in 2005, but was not suspended for it. Davis also officiated game 2 vs the Heat and game 5 vs the Cavs, both wins.

Bill Kennedy
Home Team W/L 44-34
Playoff Home Team Win % 43%
Fouls called per game 44
Foul % Called on Road Team 51%
Kennedy has officiated over 460+ regular season games and 5+ play-off games. In a game in March of 2009, with just minutes to go in a close game, Kennedy gave Doc Rivers his second technical for seemingly doing nothing. The league fined Kennedy for his actions (they also fined Doc for complaining about it -go figure). According to Tim Donaghy, Bill Kennedy is gay and his beef with Doc stems from Doc questioning his sexual orientation. The only other Celtics game Kennedy officiated in the playoffs was the game 4 loss in Miami.

The officiating for the most part, other than the Salvatore called games, has been pretty good in the playoffs. In game 1, the officials let them play and allowed them to be physical, which benefits the Celtics. Hopefully this crew will do the same.

Re: Today's Official Report for Game 2 5/18
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 09:58:47 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Ugh - I've seen some bad write-ups on Kennedy here on the blog..is he our only potential problem for this game?

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 10:02:13 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I hate Kennedy.

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 10:03:06 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
"According to Tim Donaghy, Bill Kennedy is gay and his beef with Doc stems from Doc questioning his sexual orientation."

Wow.  Why would Doc question his sexuality?  Why would Doc care?
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 10:05:20 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
"According to Tim Donaghy, Bill Kennedy is gay and his beef with Doc stems from Doc questioning his sexual orientation."

Wow.  Why would Doc question his sexuality?  Why would Doc care?

Maybe Doc said something about eating fruits for breakfast and Bill misunderstood.

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 10:05:39 AM »

Offline buellj814

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 74
ugh.... Bill Kennedy????? really???? bill kennedy? the guy who has a vendetta against the celtics is officiating this game?? REALLY?!?!!?

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 10:09:36 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
We say the officials let them play in game one.  I bet Magic Fans are pretty upset thinking that Dwight was getting fouled the whole game.  I feel like Winners say the refs let the guys play, and losers say nothing got called.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 10:09:55 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
lol..so far I guess Kennedy is an issue, huh?

Well, I still have a lot of hope for this game. We overcame several badly-officiated games in the CLE series, so this one won't be new.

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 10:33:42 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
If the Celtics play their game, they will win no matter who officiates (except maybe a Salvatore, Mauer, Bavetta crew).   Some officials are worse than others but for the most part, even a poorly officiated game is winnable as long as the Celtics play Celtic basketball and don't let them get into their heads. 

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 10:35:26 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
We say the officials let them play in game one.  I bet Magic Fans are pretty upset thinking that Dwight was getting fouled the whole game.  I feel like Winners say the refs let the guys play, and losers say nothing got called.

In reading the Magic boards for the Comments from the Other side post, the Magic fans felt the officiating was fair.  They also saw the refs letting them play, allowing contact to go on both sides.  Knowledgeable fans will see that.  Cavs fans on the other hand were never happy unless they were getting ALL the calls.

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 10:48:20 AM »

Offline Coach

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 109
If the Celtics play their game, they will win no matter who officiates (except maybe a Salvatore, Mauer, Bavetta crew).   Some officials are worse than others but for the most part, even a poorly officiated game is winnable as long as the Celtics play Celtic basketball and don't let them get into their heads. 
Sorry,  But I totally disagree.  Officials, like players, have styles.  Some call a tight game, and some let them play.  And they can most definatly sway the game.

The Celtics have thrived over the last 4 games due to fair officiating, that has allowed physical contact.

I predict that this will not continue.  We can expect many ticky tack fouls.

I've said in another post that we will see 8 fouls between Perk, Baby, and Sheed. in the first half.  If we don't see this, we will win this game.  However, if we do, we will be in tough.
The big problem with that is that officials can get into Perk and Sheeds head with a couple of bad calls.

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 06:48:04 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
The Magic fan posts I read were happy they weren't playing the Cavs because of the calls LBJ gets (or avoids).

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 06:53:28 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Sorry,  But I totally disagree.  Officials, like players, have styles.  Some call a tight game, and some let them play.  And they can most definatly sway the game.

The Celtics have thrived over the last 4 games due to fair officiating, that has allowed physical contact.

I predict that this will not continue.  We can expect many ticky tack fouls.

I've said in another post that we will see 8 fouls between Perk, Baby, and Sheed. in the first half.  If we don't see this, we will win this game.  However, if we do, we will be in tough.
The big problem with that is that officials can get into Perk and Sheeds head with a couple of bad calls.

If this turns into a ticky tack contest, then Howard will sit, and the C's can go to the basket at will.

The Celtics have many advantages in this series. Orlando has shotblocking, and 3 pointers when their guys are left open.

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 07:33:28 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
The Celtics have a very bad record when Bill Kennedy refs the game.  Doesn't look good for us tonight.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 07:37:01 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson