Author Topic: NBA Draft Lottery 2010  (Read 17831 times)

Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2010
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2010, 11:14:49 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
In the West, the only team I'd like to see get a top two pick is the LA Clippers or maybe the Houston Rockets. The other teams are train wrecks or poor fits (NO, Utah) and I would prefer not to see these two top talents waste away several years while those teams get their house in order.

In the East, I would be very happy if the Pistons and the Raptors got the picks. I dislike Indiana. Washington is another one of those teams that needs to get their house in order. Phily would be okay. And I would be happy enough with NJ getting the pick.
What about the Warriors? I'd like to see Evan Turner on that team.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2010, 11:19:52 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
In the West, the only team I'd like to see get a top two pick is the LA Clippers or maybe the Houston Rockets. The other teams are train wrecks or poor fits (NO, Utah) and I would prefer not to see these two top talents waste away several years while those teams get their house in order.

In the East, I would be very happy if the Pistons and the Raptors got the picks. I dislike Indiana. Washington is another one of those teams that needs to get their house in order. Phily would be okay. And I would be happy enough with NJ getting the pick.

I could def see that... then they can trade Monta Ellis to us for a bag of beans  ;D

I can hope, can't I?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2010, 11:47:17 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

I would like to see Evan Turner play with Steph Curry and Anthony Randolph.

I don't want to see Turner have to put up with that front office + Don Nelson + Monta Ellis + Corey Maggette + Andris Biedrins + Ronny Turiaf.

So, I would err on the side of caution and see Evan Turner play somewhere else because I'm not convinced GSW can get their house in order. But if they did, it would be a fantastic home for him.

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2010, 11:59:14 AM »

Offline Mad Hatter

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 75
I could see the Clips win the 1st pick. a core of John Wall, Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin is not bad, and they can trade B Diddy to a contender.

Another team is the Pacers. Wall-Granger ain't too bad either.

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2010, 12:02:31 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
wow, I remember when I used to mark the calendar each year for lottery day. Man, I'm glad those days are in the past.

As far as who I want to win the lottery..... eh, lets go with the Clippers! Always entertaining.

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2010, 12:18:48 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I kinda want the Clippers to win so I can see two #1 overalls have the same rookie year.

I wouldn't mind if the Jazz won.

Indiana and Sacramento would be good

I kinda wonder what the Warriors would do with all that talent. Win doesn't seem likely

Memphis would be kinda weird.  I just cannot imagine that team ever being good ever

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2010, 12:56:38 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I could see the Clips win the 1st pick. a core of John Wall, Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin is not bad, and they can trade B Diddy to a contender.

Blake throwing Alleys to John Wall would be awesome. Not sure if they would get anything except cap space for Baron Davis and his huge contract.

I'm really interested to see how Griffin does this year. This last draft was supposed to be weak but Curry, Evans and Jennings all proved that they are very good. Before the draft Griffin was supposed to be head and shoulders better than any of these guys.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2010, 01:11:09 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
What everyone should be asking:

WHY DO THEY SWITCH THE BALLS....just before the drawing?

What was WRONG with the balls they used for the dry run?...NOTHING my friends...The "SECURED" balls in the locked box are the ones that should be checked.

And, Why are the "ASSIGNED" numbers in sequential order?...They should be randomly numbered...ask Wyc...He said he knew we weren't getting a top pick because neither Ball #1 or #2 came out...and ALL of our assigned combos,had #1 or #2 in them.

;)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 09:48:32 PM by MaxwellSmart86 »

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2010, 03:02:09 PM »

Offline ibby

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
I hope that it goes to Utah, just so I can laugh at the Knicks once more for hiring the man that ran the CBA into the ground to be their director of basketball operations.  (the Knicks pick that Utah owns this year for some terrible trade is not protected).

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2010, 03:20:22 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

B Diddy would be a great pg to play with Lebron if he can stay healthy.  Rasual Butler would complement him well also.

What if NYK signs Lebron, then sign and trade David Lee and Gallinari for B Diddy, Butler, and Kaman??  Would this not make both teams better/fit their current state?  (No brainer for LAC?)  I think Lee and Gallinari both would go well with Lebron too, but I think this team fits him better. 

Here they get 3 quality players, then NYK still has the MLE to spend.

Otherwise, they resign Lee and keep Gallinari to have 2 quality players and after cap holds, probably still only have the MLE to give out serious money.*  Only benefit I see here is future cap flexibility.

Maybe LAC would even take Curry's final year and sign another player to then trade over?  They could open a ton of cap room in 2011 and who wouldn't want to join Wall, Gordon, Gallinari, Lee, and Griffin?  This would be the summer of 'Melo, right?  Could he fit in any better elsewhere?  No guarentee he'd go, but I'd say it's still a great foundation either way.  Oden or Perkins could fit in great as well.

*Feel free to question this and provide some math showing the contrary.  They currently have 17.7 committed.  Add Lebron for around $20 and Lee for around $10, then they have $47.7M with only 9 players signed.  So that's 6 more spots given minimum cap holds.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2010, 08:11:13 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Am I missing something? The guy handling the ping-pong balls said that there are 14 balls. So, there's 1 ball for every team... how do bad teams actually get an advantage here?

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2010, 08:17:32 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Am I missing something? The guy handling the ping-pong balls said that there are 14 balls. So, there's 1 ball for every team... how do bad teams actually get an advantage here?

There's # combinations - it's more complicated than they let on.

Ugh, I hate how they always draw this out - I just want to know who's gonna draft Wall, lol.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2010, 08:21:19 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
No surprises yet.

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2010, 08:22:07 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Minnesota screwed.

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2010, 08:22:39 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
WAshington is looking dangerous... C'mon NJ!
2021 Houston Rockets