Author Topic: NBA Draft Lottery 2010  (Read 17827 times)

Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2010
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 12:48:36 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I want SAC to get it. I miss them being a good team.

That's my close second. Indiana surprisingly I have always, always disliked...like the kid who has the cool house with the pool that you hangout with when you were young but don't like that much. They always seem to be so...self righteous about their basketball. Only one place I'd rather be indeed.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 08:21:17 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I want SAC to get it. I miss them being a good team.

That's my close second. Indiana surprisingly I have always, always disliked...like the kid who has the cool house with the pool that you hangout with when you were young but don't like that much. They always seem to be so...self righteous about their basketball. Only one place I'd rather be indeed.

Blasphemy!  If Indiana is good enough for Larry, it's good enough for all of us!

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 08:25:17 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
If i were to be 110% selfish, i would LOVE to see the Rockets get the first pick and get a quality addition in a sign and trade for eighter John Wall or Brooks

That franchise diserves a break
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 08:28:50 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
I'd like to see Toronto get a top two pick so that Bosh stays there.

I'd like to see Toronto get a top two pick so I have a reason to sit through their games next year. My girlfriend is a Raptor fan and they played some borderline unwatchable basketball this year but she was relentless in putting them on every night.

My hope is that Wall goes to the western conference. It would be amusing to see if Kahn would draft a third PG into Minnesota, so I'll cheer for that.

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 08:43:58 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Do you think he'd stay if they got Turner or Wall?

I don't.

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 09:24:30 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney

I don't.

I think if Toronto gets Wall, Bosh will stay. He loves TO - he's just sick of the losing.

Of course, if the Raps have Wall, it doesn't really matter if Bosh stays or not. They can get on with a rebuild.

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 09:29:12 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I'm pulling real hard for the CLIPPERS!!!! Bunch of reasons. First and foremost is how it might impact the Fakers.

Lebron has been rumored to be speaking to 4 teams, one of whom is the Clippers. A number 1 draft choice would be more of an enticement for him to go there along with the market and all the glitz and LaLa land trappings. If he's there, the Fakers no longer have a monopoly on the LA market, fanbase, etc. To the contrary, they would be an aging team competing for the fans attention with Lebron. And Kobe would be second fiddle to the marketing conglomerate that is James.That would be nice.

Secondly, we only have to deal with Lebron twice a year and when the Clippers are ready for a championship run, we'll be well past our window, so really any western conference team would be good.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:36:56 AM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2010, 09:45:10 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

If Houston got Wall, they could sign and trade Aaron Brooks and Scola to Toronto for Bosh.  Nobody could possibly match that.

Do salaries have to near match in a S&T?  I wouldn't want to pay Brooks and Scola combined near 18M per year if they do.

My hope is that Wall goes to the western conference.

No way.  I want Wall to be in the East.  I want to see Wall/Rose/Rondo playoff matchups for years to come.  They are gonna be incredible.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2010, 10:21:17 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

I don't.

I think if Toronto gets Wall, Bosh will stay. He loves TO - he's just sick of the losing.

Of course, if the Raps have Wall, it doesn't really matter if Bosh stays or not. They can get on with a rebuild.
Yeah, I agree, Chris Bosh loves Toronto and wants to stay in Toronto ... he just needs a real reason to stay.

Bosh has also told Colangelo that he needs to get an All-Star wing who can create his own shot. He needs to know things will be different in the future, that the team has a realistic chance of winning, and if they do show Bosh that ... then he is very likely to stay. Not a certainty, but very likely.

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2010, 10:23:17 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney

I don't.

Yeah, I agree, Chris Bosh loves Toronto and wants to stay in Toronto ... he just needs a real reason to stay.

Bosh has also told Colangelo that he needs to get an All-Star wing who can create his own shot. He needs to know things will be different in the future, that the team has a realistic chance of winning, and if they do show Bosh that ... then he is very likely to stay. Not a certainty, but very likely.

Where did you get the quote about the all-star wing? I hadn't heard that Bosh was being that specific about things.

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2010, 10:25:43 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

I don't.

Where did you get the quote about the all-star wing? I hadn't heard that Bosh was being that specific about things.
It was reported during the exit interviews. I forget whether it was Bryan Colangelo who said Bosh asked for that or if it was Bosh who said it to the media.

Anyway, it was one of them during the exit interviews.  It was heavily reported in the Toronto media but didn't get much if any publicity in the national media.

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2010, 10:27:18 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I have a feeling that the Wizards are going to get the 1st pick.

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2010, 10:38:26 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
In the West, the only team I'd like to see get a top two pick is the LA Clippers or maybe the Houston Rockets. The other teams are train wrecks or poor fits (NO, Utah) and I would prefer not to see these two top talents waste away several years while those teams get their house in order.

In the East, I would be very happy if the Pistons and the Raptors got the picks. I dislike Indiana. Washington is another one of those teams that needs to get their house in order. Phily would be okay. And I would be happy enough with NJ getting the pick.

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2010, 11:12:59 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Really want the Jazz to get it just because that would be the knicks pick lol!  ;D

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2010, 11:14:19 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I want to see New Jersey win it. Why? I don't know man, but i do.

Then I want to see them acquire David Lee and another piece, and I want to see Brook Lopez succeed. Call me a big softy but that kid does not deserve to wallow on a terrible team while he waits to go hangout with Jay-Z.

I wanna see NJ get it as well... Then they can trade Harris for another piece at one of the Forward positions.

Or the Clippers. They have the option of letting Wall develop behind Baron Davis for awhile or trading Davis for a piece or two... But knowing Sterling, he'll find a way to screw it up.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman