Author Topic: Couple prospects  (Read 6669 times)

Couple prospects
« on: May 13, 2010, 03:49:44 AM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17
Damion James - http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Damion-James-1074/

I like this guys energy, the speed he has in the open floor, and his length.

He would be a great fit for small forward and even play the power forward slot. A good guy to have running the court with Rondo.

The other guy I like is Larry Sanders.

Both of course would be great to get if we buy a pick.

I like this draft year. I suspect there are lots of sleeper picks.

Re: Couple prospects
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 11:36:24 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I agree.  I like him too.  And I like thinking in terms of two picks, even though we'll probably just have the 1 pick at 19. 

But if we had two picks I think James and Sanders would be a great draft day duo....I don't mind that there's tiny bit of overlap, being that they can both play PF.  It's basically a big and a wing.  I like it because as the big 3 age it will be harder to defend and rebound at a high level.  So, adequate rest for Paul and KG via high energy bench guys who can defend and rebound, is the way to go if we don't start a radical rebuilding process this offseason.

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 11:50:21 AM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I just think the main goal should be to get more athletic especially at the C/PF position. And player who can weak-side shot block, I will support the pick. Perk is a great man defender but an average weakside defender. KG is declining in this category and Sheed is quite possibly the worst weakside defender in the league.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 12:09:38 PM »

Offline MF Doom

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29

Avery Bradley
Strengths: A scorer in every sense of the word, he looks to attack at all times and does not let up … Possesses a natural feel for the game and has a knack for putting the ball in the hole from every angle … He has one of the most pure jumpshots of anyone in his class … Gets off the ground quickly with great elevation, making his shot very difficult to contest … Shooting off the dribble is his forte, as he is always under control and well balanced … Defenders have to play up on him because of his shooting, which allows him to get into the lane … He combines a quick first step with a variety of nice moves off the dribble … His great athleticism allows him to finish above the rim and over bigger defenders … As a defender, he puts in a consistent effort, add in his physical abilities and he has a chance to become a stopper… Though undersized, his big wingspan allows him to play much bigger than his size …

Weaknesses: At 6’3 he is undersized for a SG and he lacks the extreme quickness and skills required to play the lead guard position … He gets tunnel vision and becomes focused strictly on getting his own shot … As a distributor he is subpar, since his decision making and passing skills are limited … A bit of a streaky shooter, as he can go through some woeful shooting stretches, but that won’t discourage him from hoisting them up … Tends to settle for the outside game too much, instead getting in the lane and drawing contact …

*He is also one of the better defenders in this draft

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sYJVTePSMYw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=de_DE&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sYJVTePSMYw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=de_DE&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 12:16:12 PM »

Offline MF Doom

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
                         Paul George

Strengths: Has great length and athleticism ... Smooth player, makes plays look effortless ... He has good court vision and is an excellent passer ... His length combined with his release point make his jump shot difficult to contest ... Can finish around the basket with finesse or power and can do so with either hand ... Outstanding three point shooter, shot 44.7 percent from behind the arc as a freshman ... His greatest strength may be his ability to play the game with maturity and understanding of someone well beyond his years ... Allows the game come to him, does not force plays and rarely takes bad shots ... He's a good rebounder because of his length and timing, and should be even better as he adds weight to his frame ... Led Fresno State as a freshman with six double-doubles ... His wingspan and basketball IQ allow him to disrupt the game on the defensive end of the court ... Has a tremendous basketball frame with huge wingspan and the ability to put a lot of weight on his wide shoulders ... He averaged 1.7 steals and 1.0 block per game last season in the Western Athletic Conference.

Weaknesses: Listed at 6'7" 185, he'll need to add weight in order to absorb contact at the NBA level ... His first step and overall game is smooth rather than explosive, although strength should help him to become more explosive ... Has a tendency to play vertical, looks stiff at times on the court ... Good shooting percentages, but may need to speed up the release on his jump shot at the next level ... At times he can be unselfish to a fault ... Forty percent of his offensive attempts as a freshman were from the three point line, needs to become more adept at putting the ball on the floor ... Playing at Fresno State, there will be some criticism about his level of competition ...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ERcmFdlrrXY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ERcmFdlrrXY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 12:45:24 PM »

Offline ibby

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
I love Ekpe Udoh, he is projected as a 10-12th pick, and I bet he moves up after the combines.  But Paul Pierce was supposed to be the second or third player chosen, so one can hope Udoh falls to 19.

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 01:13:20 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Daniel orton and Lazar Hayward please.

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 02:27:24 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I am a converted Avery Bradley fan. I think him and TA coming off the bench would be a nightmare defensively for the opposing back court. The problem is I don't like the idea of spending a first round pick on a player who will be a career bench player, albeit a possibly great bench player. But if Danny doesn't like the players left on the board, I won't be mad at the pick.

Another guy I like is Jarvis Vanardo (Miss St.). I think his shot blocking and athleticism could complement BBD very nicely. But again I see him as a solid career bench player.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 03:26:52 AM »

Offline RondoKid

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I like both Texas players, Avery Bradley and Damion James. Both could learn from some of the best the game has to offer and wouldn't be forced to produce right away.

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 07:57:35 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
If we have a high draft pick than Derrick Favors if not Larry Sanders and Avery Bradley

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 08:18:16 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
i like babbitt from nevada, especially if for some reason, ray is not brought back.  he needs to work on the defensive side of the ball, but his offensive game is advanced.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 09:38:35 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I've been says this for close to three months

Damion James or Quincy Pondexter need to be the SF taken by the Celtics in this draft. If they buy another first rounder I would go SG like Xavier Henry or Willie Warren.

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 11:10:47 AM »

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
Larry Sanders
Xavier Henry
Paul George
Damion James
Quincy Pondexter
Avery Bradley

This is my list so far with 40 days til' the Draft.

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 11:38:01 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
As a Sooner alum, there is absolutely NO scenario in which I would take an undeveloped player with character issues like Willie Warren. Danny should run, not walk, away from that idea.

With that said, I have James targeted at 19 - if we keep the pick.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 12:20:08 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i want an athletic wing that can come in and play SAP