Author Topic: If Im Lebron Im going to the Clippers this offseason  (Read 7831 times)

Re: If Im Lebron Im going to the Clippers this offseason
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 01:26:42 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Yes, Bron should strongly consider the Cavs Clips. He would be the perfect piece to round out the core of that team.

That starting lineup can win Championships. Add a little depth and they are right there.

Who, Did you mean clips or cavs?
Sorry, typo, I meant the Clippers!
I sure hoe that he does go out west! I'm sick of him in the East. either the Clippers or Dallas. As a C's fan, no Miami, no Chicago, no NY.

In fact, if LeBron went to NY, we'd have a similiar rivalry to Yanks and Sox. We don't want that do we???

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 01:29:27 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Yes, Bron should strongly consider the Cavs. He would be the perfect piece to round out the core of that team.

That starting lineup can win Championships. Add a little depth and they are right there.

Not if there's an allstar team in Miami.
Hmmm ...
  • Wade + Bosh + JJ
  • Wade + Bosh + Gay + Haslem
  • Wade + Bosh + Boozer
  • Wade + Bosh + Lee + Haslem
  • Wade + Amare + JJ
  • Wade + Amare + Boozer
  • Wade + Amare + Gay + Haslem
  • Wade + Amare + Lee + Haslem
Vs ... The Clippers starting five of Baron + Gordon + James + Blake + Kaman

A Wade + Bosh combination would be a little better than James + Griffin (dependent on second Miami big man, needs to be a mobile big man) ... but in most situations, the Clippers three remaining starters are better than the rest of Miami's core (Bosh + JJ is better).

Also, if it's Amare instead of Bosh (well, Amare + JJ is comparable), then I think the Clippers are clear favourites.

So, a lot of the matchup will come down to how talented the supporting casts are but, for the most part, I think the matchups of the two team's cores is in the Clippers favour.

I think you're overrating Kaman , Gordon and Griffin who hasn't proven he could do anything yet.

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 01:29:59 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Yes, Bron should strongly consider the Cavs Clips. He would be the perfect piece to round out the core of that team.

Who, Did you mean clips or cavs?
Sorry, typo, I meant the Clippers!
I sure hoe that he does go out west! I'm sick of him in the East. either the Clippers or Dallas. As a C's fan, no Miami, no Chicago, no NY.

In fact, if LeBron went to NY, we'd have a similiar rivalry to Yanks and Sox. We don't want that do we???

I think it would be fun, but I would rather just have to contend with Dwight Howard every year, and not both Howard and Lebron.

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 01:35:26 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
His best option would be to go join Wade or Bosh somewhere. 

Never go to the Clippers.  The owner is to cheap.  The ex-coach has to sue to get paid.  The reason the team gave, "We will have to get back to you"

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 01:38:03 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1620
  • What a Pub Should Be
I see what your saying, but from a team build perspective do you see a better fit somewhere?  I dont.

Chicago would be an interesting fit although I can't see Lebron playing in the shadow of Michael Jordan.

I've been pretty adament over the past year that I think he's staying in CLE and that's still a great situation for him if he comes back.

How is Cleveland a great situation to come back to?

You have 2 free agent centers at the end of their career.

You have a 34 year old PF who is very flawed

You don't have a real PG that could actually help Lebron

Cleveland is over the cap and if Lebron stays the only way they could improve is with the MLE

He is gone if the C's boot cleveland. No chance he is going back

Maybe "great" is a bit of an overstatment on my part but I still think that next year's team if he returns is a lot closer to winning a championship than some of these other destinations being thrown around.  For their playoff woes so far, they still have a heckuva team and the right coach may change their fortunes if they don't win it all this year.  Its a question of win now or go somewhere else and wait 2-3 years for contention.

Also, I will admit the liberty I'm taking here is that Lebron is not going to destroy his rep in his homestate by bouncing.

If I'm proven wrong, so be it.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 01:55:40 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I agree, the Clippers would be a highly interesting destination.
Then again, no matter which team LeBron joins, it will automatically be regarded as one of the best teams in the league. If we neglect external factors like city, weather, taxes etc, then there are many interesting scenarios, imo.

What if he joins the Bucks with Bogut and Jennings, or the Blazers with their young and talented team? What if the Spurs decide to trade Parker + fillers to make a run at LeBron? What if the Lakers make a trade involving Bynum and/or Odom to get him?
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 01:57:22 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1620
  • What a Pub Should Be
Then again, no matter which team LeBron joins, it will automatically be regarded as one of the best teams in the league. If we neglect external factors like city, weather, taxes etc, then there are many interesting scenarios, imo.

What if he joins the Bucks with Bogut and Jennings, or the Blazers with their young and talented team? What if the Spurs decide to trade Parker + fillers to make a run at LeBron? What if the Lakers make a trade involving Bynum and/or Odom to get him?

I can't seem him playing in too small a market unless its a return to CLE.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 02:23:28 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

I can't seem him playing in too small a market unless its a return to CLE.

Absolutely, I was neglecting the cities/markets in my scenarios. But even small market teams could be interesting, imo, if a) their owner is commited to build a contender and willing to spend a lot of money, and b) thereīs already a talented team in place.

LeBron will be the nbaīs most hyped superstar for the next 5-10 years, regardless of where he plays. I mean, even the Cavs became a "hip" team with LBJ. If heīd join the Hornets to play with Paul, or the Thunder and Durant, I think we would hear about those teams 24/7. I think that the international market, for example, doesnīt care about wether Bron plays for the Cavs, the Knicks or the Bucks. They care about champions and superstars.

This begs the question: Does LeBron really earn more by playing for the Knicks and win 0 championships, or could it be smarter to join the Thunder and have a shot at becoming the face of a decade-long dynasty? I mean, MJ merchandising is still selling strong, and thatīs because he won 6 rings, not because he won them in Chicago..
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 02:50:24 PM by Casperian »
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 02:46:50 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
His best option would be to go join Wade or Bosh somewhere.  

Never go to the Clippers.  The owner is to cheap.  The ex-coach has to sue to get paid.  The reason the team gave, "We will have to get back to you"
I agree,but if Miami could swing it,why not LBJ and Bosh joining Wade?I feel he has a better relationship with Wade&Bosh than any of the other free agents out there.I could see him in Miami regardless.tp

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 03:28:02 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
LeBron should go ahead and leave Cleveland before he ends up like that scene in the movie 'Space Jam' where Michael Jordan is trapped at the top of Moron Mountain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5582dFJI9E&feature=related

(skip to 6:30 into the video for the scene)

LeBron has already done enough for the NBA...

...btw Space Jam paints quite the disturbing image of fabled Celtics coach Red Auerbach as Mister Swackhammer sort of resembles him w/ the cigar and all, just saying.
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 03:29:35 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Im gonna go with the dark horse....In the summer of 2010, Lebron James comes to...

Boston.

He loves the city, loves the fans, loves playing in the Garden, always plays well in this city, and would have an incredible supporting cast... And he has been quoted as saying these things recently. I could see a sign and trade with Ray Allen and a few other contracts going to Clevland to bring James to green. Thats my bold prediction of the day.

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 03:37:44 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I've stated before that if he went to the Clippers, they'd have a nasty starting lineup.

BUT I don't think he and Kobe can exist in the same city, let alone the same arena. The earth's axis would go outta whack, people would walk on their heads, cows would drive, and the sky would turn lime green.

Just won't happen.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 04:25:45 PM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
They Got the cap to bring him in and their starting 5 would look like this. 

PG:Baron Davis
SG:Eric Gordon
SF:Lebron
PF:Blake Griffin
C:Chris Kaman

I think it would be the best team that Lebron has ever played with.  He is in LA which as an athlete isnt a bad place to be.  And hes got a mix of vets and young studs to play with. 

Bill Simmons, is that you?   ::)

My prediction: LBJ signs with the Knicks, but with player options each year starting in year 3, at which point, if the Nix aren't good enough, he goes crosstown to the Crooklyn Prokhorovs in their inaugural season, thereby putting his [LBJ's]mug perpetually on the covers of the NYC tabloids, his true goal in life.
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 05:11:23 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
New Jersey.

A new owner with bottomless pockets.

A new arena on the way.

Access to the largest media market in the world.

Best friend, Jay-Z.

Oh, and a pretty nice core, especially if they end up with the #1 pick. Wall, Lopez, whoever they get in exchange for Devin Harris.

LeBron goes from being a franchise player to being the franchise player of all-time. He'd be the poster boy for a complete rebirth of basketball in the NYC area.

Downside:  He'd be playing in Newark, NJ for two seasons.  That city makes Cleveland look like Florence, Italy ;)
But you're overlooking their impending move to Brooklyn where he gets to be the first face of that relocated franchise, in the biggest market, with a young and decent core AND since that area of NY lost the Dodgers, Brooklyn has been looking for another team to get behind and worship.  Bron will think long and hard about passing up that opportunity if NJ's owners do their homework on how to sell that opportunity to Bron.

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2010, 05:21:28 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I hate a lot of players in this league but never have I wished for any of them to get traded to the Clippers let alone think they should sign there. Although with Dunleavy gone there could be a smidgen of hope for them.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.