Author Topic: Today's Official Report for Game 5 5/11  (Read 7540 times)

Today's Official Report for Game 5 5/11
« on: May 11, 2010, 10:08:19 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11844
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Today's Referees are:
Joey Crawford
Cavs Record with Crawford officiating 4-1
Overall Home Team W/L 38-32
Playoff Home Team Win % 75%
Regular Season Home Team Win % 53%
Fouls called per game 47
Foul % Called on Road Team 53%
Crawford has been officiating games since 1977 and has officiaited more play-off games (266+) and NBA Finals Games (38+) than any other active referee. There is no shortage of controversy surrounding Joey Crawford, the biggest of which was a suspension for tossing Tim Duncan for laughing on the bench and then challenging him to a fight. He is known for his quickness to call technical fouls. In the 2008 Playoffs, Crawford was chosen to officiate Game 4 of the Western Conference final between the San Antonio Spurs and the Los Angeles Lakers. In the closing seconds of the game, there was a no-call where the Spurs' Brent Barry was unquestionably fouled by Derek Fisher. Crawford was the closest official to the call, and the NBA later apologized for the lack of a call. Crawford was also one of the refs who was involved in the income tax evasion convictions and was suspended at that time as well. And in the Suns 2010 first round against the Blazers, Crawford made what was possibly the worst foul call of all time when he called Marcus Camby for a foul and put Steve Nash on the line. You can judge for yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaZIAXJJDKQ&feature=player_embedded
Marc Davis
Cavs Record with Davis officiating 4-2
Overall Home Team W/L 43-29
Playoff Home Team Win % 67%
Regular Season Home Team Win % 55%
Fouls called per game 51
Foul % Called on Road Team 54%
Davis has officiated over 460+ regular season games and 7 playoff games. When not officiating, Davis is a motivational speaker who speaks to sales forces on topics including goal setting, team building, the mechanics of presentation. Davis was investigated for threatening to whoop Allen Iverson's a** when AI complained about a call in a game in 2005, but was not suspended for it.

Greg Willard
Cavs Record with Willard officiating 1-1
Overall Home Team W/L 42-28
Playoff Home Team Win % 71%
Regular Season Home Team Win % 59%%
Fouls called per game 46
Foul % Called on Road Team 50%
Willard has officiated over 1,100+ regular season games and 75+ play-off games. Willard also officiated the 1992 Japanese Opening Games in Yokohama. Before working for the NBA he accumulated 4 years of CBA officiating experience, 7 years in college level and 22 years in high school level in California. He called a technical on Yao Ming in a game in 2007 for saying "ahhhh" after a dunk. He is known for being wildly inconsistent in calling charges/blocks.

Re: Today's Official Report for Game 5 5/11
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 10:16:46 AM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
Crawford...ugh.....

Cavs will shoot 15 more ft this game. But as we proved all series, we can win no matter who's calling the game. Just have to keep rebounding and playing our D and we will win.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:02:58 AM »

Offline openairmovie

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 58
Just dont laugh on the bench....or chuckle...or giggle,  or even smirk....god forbid you do that!

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 11:15:48 AM »

Offline reggie35

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 51
Thanks for posting this breakdown.

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 11:43:44 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Crawford...ugh.....

Cavs will shoot 15 more ft this game. But as we proved all series, we can win no matter who's calling the game. Just have to keep rebounding and playing our D and we will win.

If the Celtics want to win, the players will have to adjust to how the game is called.  Plain and simple.
No amount of whining to the officials or about the officials will change how the game is being called (at least, won't change it in the whining team's favor). 

I see it as: adjust, and Cs win.  whine and pout, and Cavs win.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 11:50:15 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Well, this is not good news... we will basically have to make all our open shots and not miss our layups/easy buckets if we want to win this one because the refs will be doing their best to help the Cavs (even more than usual).

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 12:19:04 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Crawford...ugh.....

If the Celtics want to win, the players will have to adjust to how the game is called.  Plain and simple.
No amount of whining to the officials or about the officials will change how the game is being called (at least, won't change it in the whining team's favor). 

Yup. With the exception of Perk. I think we have been marginally better with this given what we have seen in some games.

Perk has been too animated though.

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 12:27:27 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Well, this is not good news... we will basically have to make all our open shots and not miss our layups/easy buckets if we want to win this one because the refs will be doing their best to help the Cavs (even more than usual).

What is "usual"?  Because we have heard this before every game. 

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 12:31:59 PM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
Crawford...ugh.....

Thats why I said

But as we proved all series, we can win no matter who's calling the game. Just have to keep rebounding and playing our D and we will win.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 01:16:09 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Joey is horrible ... shouldn't even be an official. As far as Davis and Willard, I'm not crazy about them, but it could be worse. They are big homers, but we can still win without their bias, and clearly will have to. If this team plays it's best ball, with stifling, swarming defense and attack-minded, unselfish offense, then we can render the officiating, (good or bad), pretty much a non-factor.

We have to approach this as a five-on-eight match-up, and not expect to get any help from the guys with the whistles. If we worry about the refs and get caught up in expecting "fairness" and benefit from them, we'll become our own worst enemy. Just play our game, and keep the officials out of our heads ... we'll be fine. Great report, FlCeltsFan ... TP!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 01:27:05 PM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
crawford was on the crew of game 6 agaisnt the fakers two years ago. Count on 2-3 really really bad calls and close ones going to the cavs 60% of the time. WE CAN overcome it and Crawford.

its interesting that the two games we won we were in lots of foul trouble. We can do this with 7 or 8 guys with 4 or more fouls

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 02:19:03 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
crawford was on the crew of game 6 agaisnt the fakers two years ago. Count on 2-3 really really bad calls and close ones going to the cavs 60% of the time. WE CAN overcome it and Crawford.

its interesting that the two games we won we were in lots of foul trouble. We can do this with 7 or 8 guys with 4 or more fouls

i pointed this a couple of days ago
when they come out to defense and get their share of fouls
seems we always win.
Intensity, just make me remember thos 80s.
and how bird, mchale and parish always ends with 4 or 5 each
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 03:51:32 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

We have to approach this as a five-on-eight match-up, and not expect to get any help from the guys with the whistles.

I think this is in some ways the wrong attitude to have...if the Celtics assume they aren't going to get any calls, they won't try to drive the lane and force contact.  That means they'll take a lot of outside shots and stray away from scoring in the paint.  That's a recipe for defeat.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 03:53:14 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
While I think the reffing has sucked, a hallmark of every loss we've had is a Celtic or three staying on the other end of the court an extra 5 seconds to whine and moan after calls.

The green need to forget about the refs and play their game.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 03:58:34 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

We have to approach this as a five-on-eight match-up, and not expect to get any help from the guys with the whistles.

I think this is in some ways the wrong attitude to have...if the Celtics assume they aren't going to get any calls, they won't try to drive the lane and force contact.  That means they'll take a lot of outside shots and stray away from scoring in the paint.  That's a recipe for defeat.

This is the problem I have with surgically removing a quote from the entire post and complete context ... that's not what I meant at all, and the rest of the post clarifies that. I didn't say they "wouldn't get any calls", (I don't think that's ever happened in the history of the NBA). I mean they have to be of a mind-set that will keep them from feeling defeated or apathetic if the officiating doesn't go their way. That's the true recipe for defeat. ;)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 04:07:19 PM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *