Author Topic: Chad Ford "C's like Luke Babbit (Nevada) a lot"  (Read 50965 times)

Re: Chad Ford "C's like Luke Babbit (Nevada) a lot"
« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2010, 09:06:21 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
so...... that means the celtics dont have a chance in heck of getting him in the draft?  :P
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #166 on: June 02, 2010, 11:06:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Luke Babbitt is a superb athlete with outstanding quickness and leaping ability at 6-8 3/4, 218 lbs.

A natural SF, he has the skills and athleticism to play three positions:  SF, SG and even some PF.   He's also the best shooter in the draft by far.

Babbitt recorded the best vertical leap of any forward in this year's draft.  Max vertical 37.5 inches which is extremely impressive.

Luke Babbitt is far superior to Gordon Hayward in all aspects of the game: shooting, ball handling, driving, passing, 3-point, transition, post up, 1/2 court, creates own shot, creates for teammates, bball IQ etc.  Babbitt also has the far superior physical dimensions and athleticism.

CLASS
Hayward: sophmore  
Babbitt: sophmore

PPG
Hayward: 15.5
Babbitt: 21.9

RPG
Hayward: 8.2
Babbitt: 8.9

APG
Hayward: 1.7
Babbitt: 2.1

FG%
Hayward: 46.4%
Babbitt: 50.0%

FT%
Hayward: 82.9%
Babbitt: 91.7%

3FG%
Hayward: 29.4%
Babbitt: 41.6%

HEIGHT
Hayward: 6-6 3/4 without shoes, 6-8 with shoes
Babbitt: 6-7 1/2 without shoes, 6-8 3/4 with shoes

WEIGHT
Hayward: 211 lbs.
Babbitt: 218 lbs.  

WINGSPAN
Hayward: 6-7 3/4
Babbitt: 6-11 1/4

VERTICAL LEAP
Hayward: 34.5 inches
Babbitt: 37.5 inches

BENCH PRESS (strength)
Hayward: 10 reps
Babbitt: 15 reps

AGILITY (lower score is more agile)
Hayward: 11.73
Babbitt: 10.98

There is no question which player is better.
It's Babbitt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0_PCqoB0aI

And I would still take Pondexter or James over Babbitt any day. I see bust written all over the guy.

« Reply #167 on: June 02, 2010, 11:38:36 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
For whatever its worth, I saw Babbit play in the NIT game against Rhode Island in his last college game. He was completely shut down and outplayed by the Rams swingman Delroy James who may end up being a fringe NBA prospect. I know it is only one game, but he just didnt seem to have the athleticism. I say no thanks...

« Reply #168 on: June 03, 2010, 12:27:20 AM »

Offline Actionjakson

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Babbit's stock has sky rocketed lately. I dont think he will be available at 19 anymore. At this point, i want Damion James. His size and athletecism will fit so well with Rondo. A second unit of TA, James, BBD, and Sheed playing along side Rondo could be dangerous for stretches at a time. I would also try to get another late first, or move up in the second to get Willy Warren. i think he could be a great backup guard for this team. If we want to go big instead of small, i would want that second pick to Gani Lawal. I think he could be Leon Powe 2.0 for this team and be a nice backup big man
“We don't see ourselves as four All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.”
- Rasheed Wallace

« Reply #169 on: June 03, 2010, 01:39:23 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I actually think the C's will go for the tallest, strongest most skilled big man 6'9 or taller and address the wing in FA (Outlaw, Miller, Butler) but that could be wishful thinking. Lots of bigs with upside though and we definitely need to get more athletic.

« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2010, 02:12:34 PM »

Offline cyclorider

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
And I would still take Pondexter or James over Babbitt any day. I see bust written all over the guy.

Why?  Do better basketball skills and athleticism mean anything to you?

The facts are...

1. Babbitt recorded a higher max vertical than Pondexter and James
2. Babbitt tested more athletic than Pondexter and James.
3. Babbitt tested more mobile than Pondexter and James.
4. Babbitt tested stronger than Pondexter and James.
5. Babbitt measured taller than Pondexter and James.
6. babbitt is a better shooter/scorer than Pondexter and James.
7. Babbitt is a better mid-range shooter than Pondexter and James.
8. Babbitt is a better 3-point shooter than Pondexter and James.
9. Babbitt is a better face the basket player than Pondexter and James.
10. Babbitt is a better back to the basket player than Pondexter and James.
11. Babbitt has better post up moves than Pondexter and James.
12. Babbitt is a better ball handler than Pondexter and James.
13. Babbitt is a better free throw shooter than Pondexter and
James.
14. Babbitt is better creating his own shot than Pondexter and James.
15. Babbitt is better creating for teammates than Pondexter and James.
16. Babbitt is a better passer than Pondexter and James.

Those are just some of the facts.

Babbitt will be drafted ahead of Pondexter and James, because Babbitt has the better basketball skills and is the better athlete overall.

The closest NBA comparison to Luke Babbitt is probably Paul Pierce.  SF who does it all:  post up, face up, drive, mid-range, shoot the 3, handles, passes, deceptively quick, athletic, good body strength, high bball IQ.  Babbitt's a better leaper than Pierce, though.

As a sophmore, the 6-9 218 SF averaged:
21.9 ppg. 8.9 rpg. 2.1 apg. 1.0 spg. 50% fg. 91.7% ft. 41.6% 3fg.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 05:19:07 PM by cyclorider »

« Reply #171 on: June 06, 2010, 03:18:01 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
Trade the pick!

« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2010, 03:22:21 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Why do so so so many of these prognosticators always seem to have Danny picking a white player? Is it just me or does your in and year out the experts around the country always peg the Celtics as taking some mediocre talented white kid that isn't that athletic.

Last year late in the draft I saw a lot of people giving the C's Nick Calathes. The year before that it was Trent Plaisted and Kostas Koufos. And in other years other guys. Am I the only one who sees these guys doing this?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes. I think it might just be you.

One of these days the Celts will draft a guy whose grandparents are asian, native american, jewish, and arabic and nobody is going to know what to say.

His name will be Yao Rising Sun Husseinavich Einsteinodong

and he'll be a bisexual swing man. And a member of the Green Party. With Swiss citizenship. And a Bhuddist Jew for Jesus.

Then we'll either stop this race talk or...we'll implode.

But he better have a good jumper [dang it].

« Reply #173 on: June 06, 2010, 03:47:22 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
Why do so so so many of these prognosticators always seem to have Danny picking a white player? Is it just me or does your in and year out the experts around the country always peg the Celtics as taking some mediocre talented white kid that isn't that athletic.

Last year late in the draft I saw a lot of people giving the C's Nick Calathes. The year before that it was Trent Plaisted and Kostas Koufos. And in other years other guys. Am I the only one who sees these guys doing this?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes. I think it might just be you.

One of these days the Celts will draft a guy whose grandparents are asian, native american, jewish, and arabic and nobody is going to know what to say.

His name will be Yao Rising Sun Husseinavich Einsteinodong

and he'll be a bisexual swing man. And a member of the Green Party. With Swiss citizenship. And a Bhuddist Jew for Jesus.

Then we'll either stop this race talk or...we'll implode.

But he better have a good jumper [dang it].

Ha! I just choked on my drink!  I think you forgot albino!
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #174 on: June 14, 2010, 09:25:46 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Can you imagine babbit's shooting/scoring coming off the bench next year?

Bench

PG: Nate
SG: TA
SF : Babbit
PF: BBD
 C : Sheed

I really hope there is a way to get this kid. Even if the C's don't get Babbit , I hope they draft a guy that can score on the wing or an athletic rebounder/ shot blocker.

I think we are all set with wing defenders if we resign TA, and pick up a vet min defender. PP is still a very good defender and we might have gaffney as a 15th man/ defender ( this kid can really defend and has a motor).  So I think you go with scoring/shooting ability over defensive ability at the wing.