Author Topic: Cavs (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Game 3 5/7  (Read 118307 times)

Re: Cavs (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Game 3 5/7
« Reply #630 on: May 07, 2010, 10:16:28 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
The Cavs came up with an excellent performance after the game 2 blowout. That shows a lot about their team. Now it's up to the Celtics to do the same on Sunday. I was pretty optimistic about our chances after seeing the first two games. We dominated them in Cleveland and had a very good opportunity to be up 2-0. I hope this horrible loss didn't totally erase whatever confidence our players had coming into this series. I know this is a veteran team who "knows" how to bounce back and all. I just feel really disheartened by the effort tonight. We didn't even go down fighting. It's amazing how we could follow up a very big road game victory with the worst playoff home loss in Celtics history. Overconfidence? Lack of focus maybe? Then again, that's how "up and down" this team has been all season long. Maybe the Celts can come out and win game 4 with the biggest playoff margin in Celtics history? Anything is possible? Who knows. I just hope we come out fighting to the very end, win or lose.

« Reply #631 on: May 07, 2010, 10:16:34 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
said they had to bad practices..sounds like he somewhat expected this tonight

Yeah I wonder why that was. I guess KG and Perk missing a couple contributed but I wish they could somehow make changes after 1 bad practice to make sure they don't have 2 bad ones in a row leading to a bad game especially if bad practices have been the cause of our lackluster performances in the past.

i think they thought they were the you know what...and they got beat down for it

Sigh. I don't even know how they could think that after the many times they've gotten a wake up call this season. It's such a pity how we haven't managed to work on actively sustaining momemtum for a stretch of games. It's like we're subscribing to Phil Jackson's momentum is a strange girl school of thought and we can do nothing about it instead of striving for consistency.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #632 on: May 07, 2010, 10:21:44 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
sorry paul...i am tired of hearing that you need to come out with more urgency

LOL I was thinking the same thing. That's when you know we're in a rut when you can predict what the answer will be as soon as the question is asked.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #633 on: May 07, 2010, 10:22:41 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
sorry paul...i am tired of hearing that you need to come out with more urgency

LOL I was thinking the same thing. That's when you know we're in a rut when you can predict what the answer will be as soon as the question is asked.

been the stock answer all season.

« Reply #634 on: May 07, 2010, 10:27:57 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
We need to draft some interior toughness this draft. Whether it be Solomon Alabi of Fla. St or Hamady Ndiaye from Rutgers in the second round, we need a shotblocker to discourage the Lebron's from waltzing into the lane whenever they [dang] well please.

« Reply #635 on: May 07, 2010, 10:32:00 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
we have to get more athletic on the wings

« Reply #636 on: May 07, 2010, 10:34:54 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
More athleticism and quickness + more defense + a lot more rebounding.

Re-signing Ray Allen only compounds those problems ... and given the number of older players on the squad, these issues are likely to grow next season.

Uncomfortable with the thought of Ray Allen returning next season.

« Reply #637 on: May 07, 2010, 10:42:40 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Re-signing Ray Allen only compounds those problems ... and given the number of older players on the squad, these issues are likely to grow next season.

maybe as a 6th man...but i agree

« Reply #638 on: May 07, 2010, 10:50:17 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I'm hoping we go after Travis Outlaw with the MLE and work out a sign and trade with GSW to get Anthony Morrow... But as I said just after the trade deadline, by not moving Ray's expiring, it was a signal that there's a really solid chance that he'll be resigned. Hopefully it'll be for a sign and trade.

*Sigh*
I can hope...
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #639 on: May 07, 2010, 10:51:26 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
next year might get rough...obvious the big 3 dont have a ton left and most of the bench will be gone...

« Reply #640 on: May 07, 2010, 11:17:00 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I'll preface this by saying that the Celtics lost tonight because of their lack of defense ... they stunk, period. However, I find it fascinating that, once again, LeBron played 39 minutes, scored 38 points, (probably touching the ball more than anyone else on the court), and yet still came away with only one (1) personal foul.

I would find that amazing no matter who it was, but this is not a rare occurrence ... this is a player who averaged 1.6 PF's/game this season, yet had his hands on the ball more than most players do, is almost always the center of any action taking place, and is one of the most physical players in the NBA, defensively and offensively.

Coincidence? Magic? Divine intervention? I'll let you draw your own conclusion ... the way I did a long time ago. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #641 on: May 07, 2010, 11:32:27 PM »

Offline reggie35

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 51
I'll preface this by saying that the Celtics lost tonight because of their lack of defense ... they stunk, period. However, I find it fascinating that, once again, LeBron played 39 minutes, scored 38 points, (probably touching the ball more than anyone else on the court), and yet still came away with only one (1) personal foul.

I would find that amazing no matter who it was, but this is not a rare occurrence ... this is a player who averaged 1.6 PF's/game this season, yet had his hands on the ball more than most players do, is almost always the center of any action taking place, and is one of the most physical players in the NBA, defensively and offensively.

Coincidence? Magic? Divine intervention? I'll let you draw your own conclusion ... the way I did a long time ago. ;)

We are all witnesses except the officials. They don't see fouls by his majesty. They know who butters their bread.

« Reply #642 on: May 08, 2010, 01:31:34 AM »

Offline Celtics31

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
this game is over...the only thing that can be accomplished is taking out Lebron but no one on this team has the balls to do anything

That is really uncool.

No it's what should be done. Rondo got clobbered game one, the Celtics have been getting screwed all series by the refs. They need to make Lebron think twice about waltzing down the lane. I'm not saying to maliciously injure him, I'm saying to knock him on his ass