Author Topic: 2010 FIFA World Cup  (Read 178686 times)

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2010, 06:36:42 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Look at the players that wasn't called up to the WC:

Goalkeepers

Sebastien Frey (France)
Diego Alves (Brazil)
Marco Storari (Italy)

Defenders

Aly Cissokho (France
Javier Zanetti (Argentina)
Philippe Mexes (France)
Alex (Brazil)
Ezequiel Garay (Argentina)
Marcelo (Brazil)

Midfielders

Patrick Vieira (France))
Owen Hargreaves (England)
Jeremy Menez (France)
Samir Nasri (France)
Esteban Cambiasso (Argentina)
Juan Riquelme (Argentina)
Ever Banega (Argentina)
Ronaldinho (Brazil)
Diego (Brazil)
Guti (Spain)

Forwards

Karim Benzema (France)
Kevin Kuranyi (Germany)
Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Netherlands)
Francesco Totti (Italy)
Antonio Cassano (Italy)
Pato (Brazil)
Fabrizio Miccoli (Italy)

Many really dumb decision. Especially Pato, Cambiasso, Zanetti, Nasri, Alex and Benzema.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2010, 03:05:28 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Some of them spent most of last season injured (Hargreaves , Totti) so it`s not such a big surprise. Others like  Benzema ,Ronaldinho , Diego,Van Nistelrooy had a bad season and there are a couple of players i`ve never managed to understand why there a considered good (kuranyi)

But there indeed some bg surprises in the list. Marcelo , Cambiasso, Nasri and to a lesser extend Pato

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2010, 03:10:00 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Some of them spent most of last season injured (Hargreaves , Totti) so it`s not such a big surprise. Others like  Benzema ,Ronaldinho , Diego,Van Nistelrooy had a bad season and there are a couple of players i`ve never managed to understand why there a considered good (kuranyi)

But there indeed some bg surprises in the list. Marcelo , Cambiasso, Nasri and to a lesser extend Pato

Personally, I'm really disappointed about Ronaldinho ... I know he had a lackluster season, but he's still capable of playing at the WC level, and much more so than some of the others sent up. Too bad.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2010, 04:37:26 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
I`ve read that in South Africa are also very frustrated about this. Ronaldinho regardless of his conditions sells many tickets. 

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2010, 04:56:31 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I don't understand Benzema, Nasri and Marcelo, either ... and Cambiasso, Totti ... I don't think past injury should factor into the qualification process, personally.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2010, 09:25:18 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Open your eyes

It's all a matter of alternative. Benzema had a bad season? Yes, at Real Madrid. But Domenech took players that are far worst than him like Gignac who scored 4 golas this season for Toulouse in the french league, and Jimmy Briand 4 goals for Rennes.

Why Ronaldinho had a bad season? This was his best season since the last world cup. 10 goals and 15 assists (1st in Serie A) in 35 games for Milan. Pato is a better striker than any af the players that Dunga took. Also, Alex played great for Chelsea this season and was forgotten.

Van Nistelrooy played good since moving to Hamburg and player like him, who gave so much to the NT, deserved to be in his last WC. Surely, when lesser players like Eljero Elia and Jeremain Lens are there instead of him.

I Agree about Hargreaves but Totti came back few weeks ago and looked fine, even scored in a few games (Same as van Persie who was invited). If the coach rates you then they are willing to wait even if you are coming out of injury like Cesk, Torres and Gareth Barry.

Well, Kuranyi did scored 18 league goals in 28 games and was lethal for Shalke this season. While Padolsi scored 2!! goals this season, didn't have a good year since 2006 and was still called up.

Cambiasso, Zanetti and Nasri staying home is plain stupid.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2010, 02:28:12 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

It's all a matter of alternative. Benzema had a bad season? Yes, at Real Madrid. But Domenech took players that are far worst than him like Gignac who scored 4 golas this season for Toulouse in the french league, and Jimmy Briand 4 goals for Rennes.

Why Ronaldinho had a bad season? This was his best season since the last world cup. 10 goals and 15 assists (1st in Serie A) in 35 games for Milan. Pato is a better striker than any af the players that Dunga took. Also, Alex played great for Chelsea this season and was forgotten.

Van Nistelrooy played good since moving to Hamburg and player like him, who gave so much to the NT, deserved to be in his last WC. Surely, when lesser players like Eljero Elia and Jeremain Lens are there instead of him.

I Agree about Hargreaves but Totti came back few weeks ago and looked fine, even scored in a few games (Same as van Persie who was invited). If the coach rates you then they are willing to wait even if you are coming out of injury like Cesk, Torres and Gareth Barry.

Well, Kuranyi did scored 18 league goals in 28 games and was lethal for Shalke this season. While Padolsi scored 2!! goals this season, didn't have a good year since 2006 and was still called up.

TP - A ton of wasted talent this year that I just plain do not understand.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2010, 11:53:12 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Open your eyes

The problem is that many coaches prefer certain players because of past relationship (played for them or they get a long) over pure professional reasons. Dunga even admitted this once saying something like: 'how can I don't take a certain player when he was loyal to me in the past'. So instead of thinking about making the best team possible, many of them have alternative motives. I don't even want to talk about Maradona - that guy was an amazing player, but other than that, he's a moron.

BTW here is Ronaldinho's brace yesterday against Juventus:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrlupK3aAkU&eurl=http://www.footytube.com/video/ac-milan-juventus-may15-47147&feature=player_embedded
The Immortals:

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2010, 03:55:37 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Analysts at JP Morgan made an estimation about the WC.

Their model crowned as champion England as they`ll beat France at the quarterfinals , Holland at the semi and Spain at the final. It`s interesting that they expect Slovenia to reach the semis !!!
I read about this in a greek site but i`ve found a link in english

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/may/18/england-win-world-cup-jp-morgan

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2010, 10:00:51 AM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Check this out if you haven't seen it already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idLG6jh23yE

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2010, 10:06:21 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Check this out if you haven't seen it already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idLG6jh23yE

Yeah, pretty cool ... I'm getting so pumped for this!! (TP)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2010, 11:27:19 AM »

Offline eddietours

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
wow nice video  :D

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2010, 12:12:34 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

About Dunga, I like what he is doing.  Brazil has had a lot of great individual talent, but we are going for the championship.  He is a no nonsense coach who wants a team who will play hard together.  In the past we have had great guys on paper, but then we dont play well as a team when they take a me-first approach.  It takes a lot of guts to do what he is doing, but I am hoping it will pay off.

By the way, I am Brazilian :)
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2010, 12:31:07 PM »

Offline MisterMiyagi

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Cameroon!!!

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2010, 01:26:25 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Not taking Zanneti is Stupid by El Diego.

Oh well...

aniway

GO BRAZIL!!!!!!

p.s. the spain roster is SCARY!!!!
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!