Author Topic: What should we do in the 2010 NBA Draft?  (Read 31826 times)

Re: What should we do in the 2010 NBA Draft?
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2010, 10:30:16 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
SIngler is out. he's stayin at Duke.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2010, 11:12:22 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
3-criterias:

Must be a great Athlete.
Must be a great Shooter.
Must hate Lebron James.

A new one fit the bill.

« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2010, 01:13:17 AM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
Another Larry Sanders video: http://vcuathletics.tv/mbb/0708bios/larryhighlights.php

He reminds me of a young Shawn Kemp, athletic and long which are both team needs right now. 7'7 wingspan is ridiculous. Udoh or Sanders would be possibilities.
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2010, 03:40:08 AM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Another Larry Sanders video: http://vcuathletics.tv/mbb/0708bios/larryhighlights.php

He reminds me of a young Shawn Kemp, athletic and long which are both team needs right now. 7'7 wingspan is ridiculous. Udoh or Sanders would be possibilities.

I think I've this a thousand times but I don't care. This is the guy I think Danny should draft. Physically you couldn't ask for more. He is athletic, long and reasonably coordinated. Skill wise he is raw but we can afford to take a project player since PF/C rotation is full for the next couple of years. The only thing I worry about is work ethic. As a fan you never know which players simply love the game. Sanders started playing basketball as a JR in high school which scares me a little. But if he shows good work ethic this kid is gunna be a monster.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2010, 05:30:48 AM »

Offline ajgoodman

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 22
  • 'Cause there ain't no fours!
Stanley Robinson out of University of Connecticut.  Long 6'9" forward, high-flyer who can get out and run with Rondo.  Kind of like a poor man's Jeff Green. 

« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2010, 07:15:38 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Stanley Robinson out of University of Connecticut.  Long 6'9" forward, high-flyer who can get out and run with Rondo.  Kind of like a poor man's Jeff Green. 

Well, you had me until "Poor man's Jeff Green."

Really? That's a positive? A poor man version of an already solid role player type? ouch. I think Scal is a poor man's jeff green. Green is a poor man's odom, who is a homelessman's man's pippen.

If I drafted Robinson I'd hope he could be a half notch below a Rudy Gay type guy.

« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2010, 08:39:46 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Not specifically on topic, but.....what happened to NBAdraft.net?...haben't been able to log on for two days

« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2010, 09:28:56 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Really? That's a positive? A poor man version of an already solid role player type? ouch. I think Scal is a poor man's jeff green. Green is a poor man's odom, who is a homelessman's man's pippen.

If I drafted Robinson I'd hope he could be a half notch below a Rudy Gay type guy.

I agree.  I am a big Green fan, but that is not a glowing description. 

As for Singler pulling out, that definitely makes things a little easier.  Gotta get rid of the temptation for a guy like that.

« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2010, 02:52:04 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I've mentioned this is several other draft threads:
Danny will pick the best player available when it's his turn to pick.  period.  He doesn't draft for position, always best talent available. At #19, I have no doubt he'll grab a good player that will be a solid asset for this team for several years. 

The question becomes, does he evaluate the best player available on potential (expecting a bigger bang for the buck after the big 3 are gone--essentially start rebuilding for the future) or on ability to contribute right away (expecting to use the pick to fill in a gap for next year's team in the hopes they can make one more run at the title with better supporting pieces in place--essentially looking for immediate production but not necessarily lots of room for growth).

In terms of moves for the draft, I anticipate Danny getting another pick somewhere in the draft -- getting 3 picks in total.  I half expect him to move one or both of their picks and possibly a player (Perk/BBD) to accomplish that.  Moving both picks and BBD for OKC's 3 picks would work for me--maybe not for OKC but definitely for me. 

« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2010, 03:56:09 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255

I agree.  I am a big Green fan, but that is not a glowing description. 

As for Singler pulling out, that definitely makes things a little easier.  Gotta get rid of the temptation for a guy like that.

maybe not glowing, but also entirely right.

I think robinson has the potential to be a terrific defender at the NBA level. He's also more athletic than Green. He's 6'9", fast, strong, and has elite ups...

Green has a more complete offensive game (better handle and ability to knock down threes), but not sure he has the lateral quickness to guard the 3 like Robinson has.

I'm a big fan of Robinson and anxious to see how he does in workouts.

« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2010, 03:59:05 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85

Hahaha. Why do I feel the same exact way?

« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2010, 04:06:27 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255

Hahaha. Why do I feel the same exact way?

also takes the temptation away from teams drafting ahead of us as well, though. in which case other players could drop down to us.

« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2010, 06:46:57 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
According to nbadraft.net, Ekpe Udoh: NBA Comparison: Jerome Moiso/Chris Gatling.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/ekpe-udoh

« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2010, 11:35:19 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
According to nbadraft.net, Ekpe Udoh: NBA Comparison: Jerome Moiso/Chris Gatling.

According to DraftExpress:

Best Case: Rasheed Wallace W/out The Attitude
Worst Case: Solomon Jones
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2010, 11:44:04 PM »

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

According to DraftExpress:

Best Case: Rasheed Wallace W/out The Attitude
Worst Case: Solomon Jones

Really? Rasheed Wallace without the attitude (I'm assuming here that in addition to off-court issues, and technicals, it means he parks his butt in the post and only takes the occasional three,as well as being able to be the star rather than prefering second-fiddle) is a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

His offensive skills in the post could possibly be the best of his generation. His post defense was best in the league (in his prime), and he also was a team defender almost at KG's level (again, when he still had athleticism). In addition to excellent b-ball IQ, passing etc.

Ekpe Udoh will never reach such a level of offensive skill (he could be close-ish, I'm thinking maybe he could be a better-defending, more-in-control but slightly-less offensively-talented Beasley). He will need to work hard even to become as good a defender, and it's also unlikely for him to develop as high a basketball IQ as well. I'm not hating on Udoh, but barely anyone could be as good as a non-attitude Sheed, and only HOFers, and next-level perennial all-stars (e.g. Joe Johnson, Pau Gasol) are better than the Sheed with attitude.

EDIT: My rant is not directed at you, PosImpos, but the writers at DraftExpress.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 12:02:46 AM by rav123 »