Author Topic: What should we do in the 2010 NBA Draft?  (Read 31699 times)

Re: What should we do in the 2010 NBA Draft?
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2010, 11:30:33 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Paul George seems to be the perfect player for the Celtics right now. He's got Size, Shooting, Athleticisms, and Potential. His inability to create off the dribble wouldn't be an issue with Rondo setting the table.

Best case scenario a Trevor Ariza with a lot better shooting?

« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2010, 01:59:36 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
this is a pretty impressive highlight reel (Paul Goerge). If actually has this kind of complete game I'd expect that he will shoot right up the draft board into the lottery.

he, however, has the exact kind of game that we need. smooth offense and long and athletic on defense...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERcmFdlrrXY

This guy seems like he has a huge upside. Tremendous length, great athletic ability. Reminds me of a Tracy McGrady. If he is available I would definatley hope Danny would pick him up. We might be looking at the Pierce replacement if he can transfer his abilities into the NBA. Also a good compliment player for Rondo.

Dorell Wright
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2010, 02:13:13 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
this is a pretty impressive highlight reel (Paul Goerge). If actually has this kind of complete game I'd expect that he will shoot right up the draft board into the lottery.

he, however, has the exact kind of game that we need. smooth offense and long and athletic on defense...

This guy seems like he has a huge upside. Tremendous length, great athletic ability. Reminds me of a Tracy McGrady. If he is available I would definatley hope Danny would pick him up. We might be looking at the Pierce replacement if he can transfer his abilities into the NBA. Also a good compliment player for Rondo.

Dorell Wright

NOT! Trevor Ariza or Rashard Lewis.

« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2010, 02:38:46 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Dorell Wright
Dorell Wright is a very good comparison. That sounds like an excellent description.

A solid all-round game but exceptional at nothing. With very good athleticism. That seems to be Paul George's skill-set.

On another note, I'd like the Celtics to pursue Dorell Wright strongly if they decide to sign a wing player with their MLE this summer. He would be a very nice acquisition.

« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2010, 02:45:48 PM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
Looking at the latest nbadraftnet mock, it jumped out at me that we might have just snuck inside a talent dropoff point....didn't seem this way to me before, and there's divergence on different sites, but I would say there's a possible dropoff in talent after pick#20.

In fact, a few weeks ago I would have said that two later picks could be as good if not better than our 19 pick.  Changed my mind.

Anyone else see a possible talent/potential dip after pick 19 or 20, 21 at the latest?

ps:  what did Stanley Robinson do to offend nbadraft.net? 

Agree 100%.  Winning that coin toss was huge!

I'm not going to second-guess whoever DA takes, assuming he exercises #19. 

I hope there is someone DA likes after that, and we can buy a pick.  We're so much less deep than the Cavs and Magic that it isn't even funny.
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2010, 03:15:43 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
How about a flyer on D'Sean Butler in the second round?

« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2010, 12:04:15 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
How about a flyer on D'Sean Butler in the second round?

He'll go before #52, count on it.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers