Author Topic: What should we do in the 2010 NBA Draft?  (Read 31818 times)

What should we do in the 2010 NBA Draft?
« on: April 19, 2010, 02:03:15 AM »

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
We have pick #19, and pick #52.

Whom do you want to select? Should we trade up? Trade the pick for a player? Post your thoughts.

I think it's an interesting year. We can only gauge our needs after the playoffs are done. Whether we decide to continue with this core, or attempt to rebuild will decide what kind of player we must draft.

Re: What should we do in the 2010 NBA Draft?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 10:04:20 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I don't watch college basketball so I'm just going on what I have read and heard about players .... but I think Paul George sounds very interesting.

I like the idea of drafting George and starting him at shooting guard alongside Pierce and Rondo and dumping Ray Allen.

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 10:07:58 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I also have some interest in Willie Warren as a potential backup point guard. A big guard, a combo guard, who could backup Rondo and play alongside him as a two guard.

Larry Sanders like an interesting backup power forward.

Damion Jones sounds likes a very interesting backup combo forward. Many similarities to a young Posey.

Those three players along with Paul George are at the top of my list. Gordon Hayward also sounds interesting but at the moment I would be more inclined to go with one of the other players with Paul George at the top of the list because I want to replace Ray Allen in that starting lineup.

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 10:09:10 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I would love to see Varnado in here if we can buy another second round pick.  Kid is a beast on the defensive end.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 10:10:22 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Draft a future Hall of Famer. Maybe two of them.

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 10:15:02 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I also have some interest in Willie Warren as a potential backup point guard. A big guard, a combo guard, who could backup Rondo and play alongside him as a two guard.

Damion Jones sounds likes a very interesting backup combo forward. Many similarities to a young Posey.

Those three players along with Paul George are at the top of my list. Gordon Hayward also sounds interesting but at the moment I would be more inclined to go with one of the other players with Paul George at the top of the list because I want to replace Ray Allen in that starting lineup.

If you want a ray replacement, Xavier Henry could be available at 19.

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 10:17:30 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

What mock draft are you looking at?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 10:17:36 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Mmm...don't like this approach, expectations will be too high.  Instead, let's draft a couple of hard-working but limited role players and spend the next 3-4 years overrating their potential.

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 10:21:20 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Warren is a guy I am very interested in.  He has some red flags, that might prevent me from taking him at 19, but if he slips into the early second round, I would try hard to pick up an extra pick there and take a flyer on him.  

I am not sure he is a PG, but I see him as a potential Gilbert Arenas type.  Unfortunately, that includes that attitude, which is why I wouldn't take him at 19.

As far as the 19th pick goes, I really am not sure yet.  I want to see how some of the predraft measurements go.  I also am having a hard time deciding whether they should be going after one of the raw, athletic big men (Larry Sanders, Whiteside, Orton), Athletic wings (Ebanks, George, Pondexter), or a more skilled/less athletic wing (Singler, Hayward, Xavier Henry).

Ultimately though, I think what will happen is someone really good is going to slip.  This is a deep draft, and there are a lot of tantalizing prospects who could move way up, and alot of other guys who could slip.  I am just hoping the right guy slips, and he makes it all the way to 19.  

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 10:25:24 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I also know very little about international guys, but a guy like Vesely is intriguing to replace KG as a Rondo Running mate at the 4 spot if he slips to 19. Motiejunas is interesting too...still young and actually has shown he can score in the Euroleague.

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 10:29:31 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Yeah, I would be very interested in Xavier Henry if he slipped.

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 10:39:23 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

Mmm...don't like this approach, expectations will be too high.  Instead, let's draft a couple of hard-working but limited role players and spend the next 3-4 years overrating their potential.

Pretty good.

I would like to make a trade somehow and move up to draft Craig Monroe out of Georgetown.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 03:56:40 PM by Birdbrain »
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 10:54:14 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

Whom do you want to select? Should we trade up? Trade the pick for a player? Post your thoughts.

I think it's an interesting year. We can only gauge our needs after the playoffs are done. Whether we decide to continue with this core, or attempt to rebuild will decide what kind of player we must draft.

Offer #19 to any team willing to take Sheed off our hands for the last 2 years of his deal.

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 10:59:22 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Offer #19 to any team willing to take Sheed off our hands for the last 2 years of his deal.
Not worth it, we need young talent more than payroll relief.

We do need somone to replace him as the first big off the bench.

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 10:59:39 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Has anyone ever predicted correctly what Danny's done in the draft?  I don't mean anyone who said he liked Rondo before Danny acquired Rondo, I mean someone who said, "I think Danny will pick..."?