Author Topic: Toronto Maple Leafs Pick  (Read 4496 times)

Toronto Maple Leafs Pick
« on: April 08, 2010, 11:00:17 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I believe after last night, the Toronto Maple Leafs have locked up the second worst record in the NHL.  This means, the Bruins have a 60% +/- chance of the first of second pick in the draft.  Barring them falling from the first or second, they are in position to draft a goal scoring forward.

Of course, if their luck in lotteries follows the C's, we'll be stuck at 3 or 4 drafting a puck ahndling defenseman!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Pick
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 02:09:20 PM »

Offline budMovin

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
It's pretty much Hall/Seguin or bust. We can do no worse than the 3rd pick even if the lottery works against us. After those two it's 3 defensemen and an oft-injured wing (Connolly)...Anyone else have fears that this is going to be a repeat of the 2007 NBA draft? Pay no attention to the cynicism, I'm excited at this opportunity!
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
                 -Gladiator

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 02:25:36 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
i don't know much...er, nothing...about the NHL draft, but what i do know is that i don't think the Bruins would be too upset if they ended up with a "puck-handling defensemen."

Obviously they are desperate for a goal scorer, but Dennis Wideman has been a disaster this season and Chara made a significant regression due to lingering injuries this year.  You pair Chara with a guy in the mold of a Mike Green/Sergei Gonchar and you would really have something.  Again, i'd prefer to draft a goalscoring wing but with so many needs both offensively and defensively i don't think they can go wrong drafting for either.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 02:38:17 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I just want next Tuesday to come, so we can know whether they will have a top 2 pick or not.  If they get Hall or Seguin, it could really turn this franchise around.  If they end up at #3, they are going to have to be much more creative.  I would hope they could then convince one of the top 2 teams to move down a spot, and take the stud defenseman, in return for one of the other young guys the B's have (Hamill or Colburn).

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 04:03:56 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
I just want next Tuesday to come, so we can know whether they will have a top 2 pick or not.  If they get Hall or Seguin, it could really turn this franchise around.  If they end up at #3, they are going to have to be much more creative.  I would hope they could then convince one of the top 2 teams to move down a spot, and take the stud defenseman, in return for one of the other young guys the B's have (Hamill or Colburn).

Exactly what I was thinking. 
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 07:18:58 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff

Interesting thought.  They also have quite a few draft picks in the first two rounds over the next few years.  They could use one to try and trade up one spot.

Exactly what I was thinking. 
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 08:27:48 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
#2 pick!  alright!  a goal scoring forward and a face of the franchise to go along with raask (sp).

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 08:30:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Really hope they get Hall.

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 09:06:48 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Sweet!  The #2 and #32 picks for Kessel, plus a 1st next year, right?  It's hard to complain about that return.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 09:19:42 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Sweet!  The #2 and #32 picks for Kessel, plus a 1st next year, right?  It's hard to complain about that return.

True that lol  ;D.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 10:19:47 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Especially in this draft.  Both Hall and Seguin are supposed to be studs.  This is the type of deal that could really make this team an elite squad for a long time.  If whoever they get turns out to be a legit superstar, and you have Tuuka between the pipes, along with a couple complimentary guys like Lucic, Bergeron, and Krejci, this team is shaping up pretty nicely.

Now, hopefully Chiarelli can clean up his mess with Tim Thomas, Ryder, and Wideman.

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 11:35:27 PM »

Offline budMovin

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
Oh man! How many times does a team in the playoffs get the 2nd overall selection? With Savard coming back from injury next year and Bergeron making leaps and bounds since his near career ending concussion...we will be stacked.

/braces for a certain 1980s reference.
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
                 -Gladiator