Author Topic: NBA 2k10 Patch?  (Read 3819 times)

NBA 2k10 Patch?
« on: April 07, 2010, 09:19:37 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Hey guys, just heard that there was a huge patch for a lot of the glitches in 2k10. Details can be found here http://www.pastapadre.com/2009/10/20/nba-2k10-patch-details .

Seems like a massive update, and I was wondering if anyone has gone through it, and if so, is it worth it?

Re: NBA 2k10 Patch?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 10:34:32 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
sup old friend,

just took a look at that link and it appears that it's about 5 months old, haha. 

are you playing on 360? if so what's your live name? i'm looking for someone to match up against who doesn't play like they're on crack...i dunno if it's the age of most of these people but everyone i play finds a need to full court press all game, reach at every opportunity, and run in circles waiting for the chance to press dunk.  Is it so much to ask for a sim game? haha

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 11:05:43 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Its been out for a while to my knowledge. About a month after the release of the game.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 01:03:36 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
XBox Live: DonWahlberg . Thought I'm infrequently on.

But no one knows if its actually worth going through?

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 01:07:35 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I suppose it depends on your net connection...

For a DSL line it's really not a big deal, it's what...a gig+ or so? my connection got it done in 10 minutes.

As for being worth it, it depends. If your cool playing with all the bugs it fixed, then it ain't worth it.

I wasn't happy with the game at the time it came out, so for me the patch really salvaged some of my good will towards 2Ksports.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 10:36:40 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
The patch makes centers (like Shaq) shoot 3 pointers in association. You have to turn off player roles and team chemistry to make that stop now. The game is really fun post patch but losing those two features is a bit of a disappointment.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 12:05:49 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
  • B's Up
well I am a 2k veteran and the game is actually kind of playable now. I dont play much association mode but i play alot of online(leagues, exhibitions, teamups) and they sort of fixed the online. Still a few minor bugs but not anywhere near the ammount when it was first released. But i do have to say this game was a biiiiigg disappointment and its ridiculous that a company like 2ksports would actually release a game like this with so many bugs and wait so long to patch it too. One of the bugs that was really aggravating was trying to inbound the ball after a foul and the ref would throw a bounce pass that a 2yr old would be ashamed of, go pick it up, repeat, repeat, etc. basically had to quit.

But one of the best things 2k has that i havent seen anywhere else is teamup mode. you play pick up games and choose your position and play a 5v5 game. for instance i like to play as rondo and my buddy will play with pierce etc. and when you get tired you bring in a bench player. really fun and addicting.
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 12:14:40 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
2k10 is really what you make of it.

If you go with default settings / sliders and the default roster, then yeah, it pretty much sucks.

If you download better user-updated rosters (Real 2k Insider is great) and adjust the sliders to give you a more realistic experience (sim sliders are available on 2k share that do an okay job) then you can have a much better experience.

I'd be happy to play 2k10 on XBox live with anybody interested.

Xbox Live Account: PontiacDream
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers