Author Topic: Brian Zoubek anyone?  (Read 12775 times)

Re: Brian Zoubek anyone?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 06:27:18 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 06:34:12 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
The kid is an excellent rebounder.  However, he's poor on offense, doesn't block shots, is a mediocre defender, and isn't terribly athletic.  In other words, he's a borderline NBA player, at best.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 06:39:15 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I wouldn't waste a pick on him. But I'd invite him to camp.

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 07:24:56 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Let the Pacers have him. Larry Bird loves his giant white stiffs, plus it would give Indiana the chance to throw out a Dunleavy/Hansbrough/McRoberts/Zoubek lineup. It'd be like watching a Dockers commercial.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 08:06:53 PM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
A good pick up if he comes undrafted by any team. But with our pick, I would go for Ralph Sampson Jr. and wish we could pick up a quick, reliable 6'8" player like Gordon Hayward or Singler.

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 10:39:44 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
A good pick up if he comes undrafted by any team. But with our pick, I would go for Ralph Sampson Jr. and wish we could pick up a quick, reliable 6'8" player like Gordon Hayward or Singler.

I'm not sold on Hayward as an NBA player, but as much as I detest the sight of him, Singler looks like he'll at least be a solid role player e.g. Mike Miller, Kyle Korver, Matt Harpring etc.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 11:01:42 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30

I'm not sold on Hayward as an NBA player, but as much as I detest the sight of him, Singler looks like he'll at least be a solid role player e.g. Mike Miller, Kyle Korver, Matt Harpring etc.

I think Hayward will be a better NBA player then Singler.  Hayward was tough to judge because of how slow Butler played all year.  If they played in a system that was as quick as Duke, Hayward would have looked much better then Singler.  Hayward only averaged about 2 less pts a game then Singler, but Singler took 180 more shots on the season then Hayward.  Hayward also rebounded better then Singler, and Hayward is a better ball handler as well.  Regardless of all of that, I'd rather see Hayward stay in school.  He's not ready yet for the league, and that team is a young team.  I want to see them play next year.
do it

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 12:12:50 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

I think Hayward will be a better NBA player then Singler.  Hayward was tough to judge because of how slow Butler played all year.  If they played in a system that was as quick as Duke, Hayward would have looked much better then Singler.  Hayward only averaged about 2 less pts a game then Singler, but Singler took 180 more shots on the season then Hayward.  Hayward also rebounded better then Singler, and Hayward is a better ball handler as well.  Regardless of all of that, I'd rather see Hayward stay in school.  He's not ready yet for the league, and that team is a young team.  I want to see them play next year.

To me, Hayward just seems a ways off from having an NBA body at the moment (though it's possible he could bulk up eventually).  What impresses me most about Singler is his athleticism...had a bunch of big blocks yesterday.  His shooting coming off screens yesterday was superb, as well.  He looks like an NBA player.

Hayward isn't big enough to play at the 3 in the NBA at the moment and probably too slow to play at the 2.  He's got some work to do in the weight room.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 01:07:33 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I am a big and I mean big Duke fan. I don't want Big Z, on the Celtics. He is to nonathletic to be in the NBA. He did a great job with the Blue Devils this year but no way. Would love to grab Singler Next draft! I am hoping he stays!

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 01:11:19 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I don't want Big Z, on the Celtics. He is to nonathletic to be in the NBA.

Don't tell that to the Cavaliers.  ;)

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 07:47:14 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Virtually nothing I like about Zoubek except his intelligence on the floor, which almost guarantees that Danny won't draft him.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 08:34:08 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Do not think Zoubeck is NBA ready....HOWEVER, I think Duke's season turned around from good to excellent when he was put in the starting lineup....he and the Plumlees added a dimension lacking on previous teams.

Like Scheyer alot!!!!

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 08:39:53 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
God no....he was a scrub for all but 17 games of his career. and we already have a zoubek..his name is sheldon williams

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 01:56:26 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I see Zoubek as a little like Scala without the outside shot. A little quicker and bigger, yet not as good.

One thing I learned a long time ago from watching good old Serge Zwicker from UNC - if they are the biggest player on the floor by a bit in college, yet not at all the best on the floor - then they probably won't do much of anything in the NBA.

If they struggle to dominate guys smaller than them don't expect them to suddenly be able to help in the NBA.

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 02:17:52 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
I see Zoubek as a little like Scala without the outside shot. A little quicker and bigger, yet not as good.

One thing I learned a long time ago from watching good old Serge Zwicker from UNC - if they are the biggest player on the floor by a bit in college, yet not at all the best on the floor - then they probably won't do much of anything in the NBA.

If they struggle to dominate guys smaller than them don't expect them to suddenly be able to help in the NBA.

I don't see a relation between Scola and Zoubek at all.  In fact i think they're probably closer to being complete opposites.  Scola is something of a finness player who has soft hands, great on and off-ball awareness offensively, and is a versitile scorer who you can't leave unguarded from about 20 feet-in.  Zoubek on the other hand is a big banger who specializes in establishing terrific rebounding position once the ball is in the air, but i would say that once he has the ball in his hands he doesn't have the slightest idea what to do with it other than kick it out to a wing player.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes