Author Topic: It's Larry Legends Turn.  (Read 6589 times)

It's Larry Legends Turn.
« on: April 05, 2010, 12:54:12 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Mchale proved his Loyalty and gave the C's KG.               Now it's Bird's turn.  And we need Danny to trade for...

Danny Grainger. Sorry Pierce but your done as an elite player.

Pierce more than anyone, has lost his hunger to be great. We need a youthfull, HUNGRY, star. That can score the ball at will, just like Pierce did for us his whole career and when we won the title.

But that player is dead.  The new pierce is a 15, five and five guy. That can no longer take over a fourth quarter.

That's the answer moving forward. Ray can still shoot, Rondo can still dribbble and pass, Perk still plays really hard, Kg is still a seven foot freak, but Pierce is about half the player he was just two years ago.

If he makes a miracle return, we can still win it. If not two rounds tops. We need a new Pierce. The Truth hurts.

Re: It's Larry Legends Turn.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 01:51:00 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Have you had your head buried under the sand for the last month or so?

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 02:14:15 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Mchale proved his Loyalty and gave the C's KG.               Now it's Bird's turn.  And we need Danny to trade for...

Danny Grainger. Sorry Pierce but your done as an elite player.

Pierce more than anyone, has lost his hunger to be great. We need a youthfull, HUNGRY, star. That can score the ball at will, just like Pierce did for us his whole career and when we won the title.

But that player is dead.  The new pierce is a 15, five and five guy. That can no longer take over a fourth quarter.

That's the answer moving forward. Ray can still shoot, Rondo can still dribbble and pass, Perk still plays really hard, Kg is still a seven foot freak, but Pierce is about half the player he was just two years ago.

If he makes a miracle return, we can still win it. If not two rounds tops. We need a new Pierce. The Truth hurts.

This is one of those joke threads, right? Pierce is dead?!? The guy is first in scoring, first in three-pointers, second in free-throws, second in assists, second in steals, third in defensive rebounds, third in total rebounds, and fourth in blocks ... yeah, let's get rid of him ... wow!  ::)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 02:20:39 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
A late April Fools thread. ha ha ha  ;D

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 02:25:24 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Larry Legend's loyalty lies with Indiana (woohoo alliteration)
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 06:20:34 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
If we can't get Granger, maybe we can get Marquis Daniels from the Pacers...oh wait
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 09:05:36 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Larry Legend's loyalty lies with Indiana (woohoo alliteration)

There is only one place he'd rather be.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 09:21:10 PM »

Kiorrik

Hmm... thinking of renaming the thread to "Trade Pierce" :x

Anyway, I disagree.

I'm totally anti-Pierce ISO, I severely dislike the way he throws his hands up in the air while driving to get a foul drawn, but I still don't want him out.

He's way, WAY too valuable to us right now.

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 09:41:19 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Not only do I hope that Paul Pierce is never traded,
but also I firmly believe that the Celtics will not trade him.

I know that "noone is untradeable" but what is missing from that phrase is "... for the right price".  There is no realistic trade scenario that involves Pierce leaving Boston and the Celtics organization getting better.  Note I said "Celtics organization".  The long term value of the franchise is just simply worth more with Pierce than without Pierce.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 09:45:43 PM »

Kiorrik

Great point, CMan, on that Celtics Organization thing.

Easily overlooked by the "casual fan" I think.

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 10:17:45 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Not that this would ever happen,but i think Bird sees some qualities in Granger in his 4thyear,as McHale saw in KG when he was in his prime,a good chance of winning it all if they put the right pieces around him.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 11:15:49 PM by housecall »

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 10:22:18 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Not that this would ever happen,but i think Bird sees almost the same in Granger in his 4thyear,as McHale saw in KG when he was in his prime,a good chance of winning it all if they put the right pieces around him.
KG in his prime was an MVP candidate for several straight years. He not only was an efficient scorer, but he was a good distributor, and probably the best defender in the NBA.

Granger currently is just a scorer, he needs to do more.

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 10:27:22 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff

Not that this would ever happen,but i think Bird sees almost the same in Granger in his 4thyear,as McHale saw in KG when he was in his prime,a good chance of winning it all if they put the right pieces around him.
KG in his prime was an MVP candidate for several straight years. He not only was an efficient scorer, but he was a good distributor, and probably the best defender in the NBA.

Granger currently is just a scorer, he needs to do more.
Whats that got to do with what im saying?...my point to the OP is Bird probably sees Granger to be a valuable piece to the Pacers,as McHale saw KG at that stage of his career.Giving me KG's past accomplishments aren't important in this.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 10:33:52 PM by housecall »

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 10:35:23 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Whats that got to do with what im saying?...my point to the OP is Bird probably sees Granger to be a valuable piece to the Pacers,as McHale saw KG at that stage of his career.Giving me KG's past accomplishments aren't important in this.
You said Bird sees in Granger almost what KG was in his prime. He's not at that level, probably won't ever get ther honestly. That's my point.

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 10:41:26 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
You said Bird sees in Granger almost what KG was in his prime. He's not at that level, probably won't ever get ther honestly. That's my point.
Adding the right pieces around him was also in my post.I never said Granger was better than KG but can probably be a piece on a winning team,like our Big 3.Granger is still developing,and Bird probably know more about his potential than we do,unless you are in their training camp or practices?

How many Pacers games have you watched this season?Granger is not just a scorer alone.Thats why he is challenging the best player on most teams each night.Who do you think take on Lebron,Melo,Pierce,etc.,its usually Granger.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 10:56:17 PM by housecall »