Author Topic: 2010 Draft is big for the C's.  (Read 16501 times)

Re: 2010 Draft is big for the C's.
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2010, 06:00:03 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Admittedly I haven't watched much College ball this year, but I did enjoy watching Ebanks play for West Virginia. He looks like a solid pro, and sounds like he could possibly be available in the 20s.

I would like to see the C's draft a player with an eye towards the future - just get the best player available, regardless of position. This could end up being a player we keep, or just a nice asset to help grease a trade.

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2010, 09:50:10 AM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
1st round looks like a lot of project players. In the second round I would love to get Vasquez. He is a perfect change of pace to back up Rondo. And he brings swagger and confidence to a team that is lacking in both
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2010, 12:06:10 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
1st round looks like a lot of project players. In the second round I would love to get Vasquez. He is a perfect change of pace to back up Rondo. And he brings swagger and confidence to a team that is lacking in both

At this point I think the Celtics should look for projects that could turn into starters, not role players.  Role players are only good 1st round picks for a true contender.  Unless the Celtics really flip the script in the playoffs, they aren't one of those.  They're going to need to start rebuilding within a couple of years, and to the extent that it's possible it's time to start looking to do that in the draft.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2010, 07:34:01 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
Can we sign Nate and then trade Nate+Rasheed or maybe Ray  for a lotery pick? or after the draft? for example to trade for Derick Favors? for a couple of years plus learning from KG he can became the best PF in the league. that kid is pure gold. i love him. Danny has to make some trade and bring young players for the future or we will suck if Rasheed play another year in Boston. Last year before the draft Danny want Tyreke Evans but that didn't happen and this year i truly belive that Danny will make something like that.But he has to trade for a lotery pick or a young player with potencial because i'm sick of playing old players and young players are getting waived. that is wrong!!!
and with our pick we will draft Dominique Jones SG or James Anderson SG who are going to replace Ray.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 07:41:20 PM by vgulab »

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2010, 03:36:21 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Can we sign Nate and then trade Nate+Rasheed or maybe Ray  for a lotery pick? or after the draft? for example to trade for Derick Favors? for a couple of years plus learning from KG he can became the best PF in the league. that kid is pure gold. i love him. Danny has to make some trade and bring young players for the future or we will suck if Rasheed play another year in Boston. Last year before the draft Danny want Tyreke Evans but that didn't happen and this year i truly belive that Danny will make something like that.But he has to trade for a lotery pick or a young player with potencial because i'm sick of playing old players and young players are getting waived. that is wrong!!!
and with our pick we will draft Dominique Jones SG or James Anderson SG who are going to replace Ray.

You can't just trade bench garbage and old starters for high potential young talent.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2010, 06:23:00 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

At this point I think the Celtics should look for projects that could turn into starters, not role players.  Role players are only good 1st round picks for a true contender.  Unless the Celtics really flip the script in the playoffs, they aren't one of those.  They're going to need to start rebuilding within a couple of years, and to the extent that it's possible it's time to start looking to do that in the draft.

I completely agree. My point is that 2nd rounders in my opinion should be spent on very productive college players whose physical limitations cause them to drop (i.e. BBD, Powe). Vasquez to me, fits that mold. As for the 1st round since this draft is full of bigs, I would like Danny to grab an athletic big man who may be a project. We are already stacked at the 4 or 5 positions at the moment (in terms of depth) and the chances a rookie big plays significant minutes his first season is highly unlikely with Doc. This will allow him to develop his game with Clifford Ray, KG, Sheed etc to learn from. My personal pick  would be Larry Sanders. I think he is the most athletic big in the draft and fills our need as a weak side shot blocker and can run the floor. Plus he has a 7'7 wingspan which is outrageous. I get goosebumps thinking of the amount of alleys him and Rondo could connect on.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce