Author Topic: Holy Red Baboon Butt, There Is a Tom Cruise Movie I Want To See!  (Read 16556 times)

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I have no liked a Tom Cruise movie since like....I mean really forever.

No longer. It's not some arrogant social statement. It's not some weird drama. It is just a plain old action flick with some love interest thrown in. If nothing else, it's a heck of a trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAAYcts4GrM

Although, obligatory Tom Cruise joke...I imagine his courtship of Katie Holmes went something like what happens around 2:00 mins.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: Holy Red Baboon Butt, There Is a Tom Cruise Movie I Want To See!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 12:09:00 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Knight & Day was filmed in Boston... just another reason to see it.

You didn't like Eyes Wide Shut? That is somewhere in my top 5 all time favorite movies.

TC movies I like: War of the Worlds, Collateral, Eyes Wide Shut, Rain Man, The Outsiders...

TC movies I am under the impression I will like: Knight & Day, The Last Samurai, Minority Report, Magnolia, A Few Good Men...

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 12:13:41 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

You didn't like Eyes Wide Shut? That is somewhere in my top 5 all time favorite movies.

TC movies I like: War of the Worlds, Collateral, Eyes Wide Shut, Rain Man, The Outsiders...

TC movies I am under the impression I will like: Knight & Day, The Last Samurai, Minority Report, Magnolia, A Few Good Men...

I did not hate Minority Report. I did not enjoy Eyes Wide Shut much. I HATED Vanilla Sky.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 12:14:09 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis

are you being sarcastic about Eyes Wide Shut?

as for the others, i like collateral and rain man and Love Outsiders, Minority Report, A Few Good Men, and Jerry Maguire
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 12:15:03 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis

I did not hate Minority Report. I did not enjoy Eyes Wide Shut much. I HATED Vanilla Sky.

ditto, except,,, i really liked minority report

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 12:19:17 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

as for the others, i like collateral and rain man and Love Outsiders, Minority Report, A Few Good Men, and Jerry Maguire

Not at all... I really don't understand all of the hate for Eyes Wide Shut. It really is one of my favorite movies. I don't see any flaws with it. I've heard every complaint there is on that movie and I just disagree with all of them.

Never seen Jerry Maguire or Vanilla Sky. Vanilla Sky sounds like a movie I would like (psychological right?)... but it has terrible reviews... then again Eyes Wide Shut does as well but I love that.

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 12:19:40 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

ditto, except,,, i really liked minority report

Freaky, Bud ... I was just gonna post the same thing, lol! I could never stand Tom Cruise until "Minority Report", and I have to say, I also love "Mission Impossible 3" ... it was the most realistic of the MI movies ... the other two were just way too far-fetched, but MI3 is an awesome flick.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 12:30:49 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis

Not at all... I really don't understand all of the hate for Eyes Wide Shut. It really is one of my favorite movies. I don't see any flaws with it. I've heard every complaint there is on that movie and I just disagree with all of them.

Never seen Jerry Maguire or Vanilla Sky. Vanilla Sky sounds like a movie I would like (psychological right?)... but it has terrible reviews... then again Eyes Wide Shut does as well but I love that.

i am all for psychological thrillers or that type,,eyes wide shut just gave me the creeps however and i usually have a high threshold for that sort of stuff

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 12:51:31 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
No love for TC in The Color of Money?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 12:59:29 AM »

Offline Junkyard Dawg

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
I am also an Eyes Wide Shut fan although not top 5 of all time...

and TP for the post title.  I used to teach English abroad and when I played games in class my students' favorite team name was "Monkey's Red Butt"

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 01:12:44 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes

People usually have very strong feelings towards Vanilla sky. Some hate it alot, some absolutely love it. No middle. I do love it and my advise is - see it and decide for yourself. Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. the reviews.

I think Tom is a good actor. People love to hate him about things non related to films, but I don't really care about that.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 03:46:34 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 06:17:25 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

The last Samurai was good, and I liked The Firm.

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 08:13:44 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I can't think of many Tom Cruise movies I *didn't* like.  I really liked both Eyes Wide Shut and Vanilla Skye, and Valkyrie was really good, I thought.  Magnolia, Minority Report, War of the Worlds...  all were good, I thought.  Born on the Fourth of July, Far and Away, Days of Thunder, even Cocktail...  I like all of these movies.

I wasn't a huge fan of The Firm, and Tropic Thunder wasn't that great, in my opinion (and he was good in his role).  Those are the only Cruise movies I didn't really care for, off the top of my head.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 08:21:17 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I can't think of many Tom Cruise movies I *didn't* like.  I really liked both Eyes Wide Shut and Vanilla Skye, and Valkyrie was really good, I thought.  Magnolia, Minority Report, War of the Worlds...  all were good, I thought.  Born on the Fourth of July, Far and Away, Days of Thunder, even Cocktail...  I like all of these movies.

I wasn't a huge fan of The Firm, and Tropic Thunder wasn't that great, in my opinion (and he was good in his role).  Those are the only Cruise movies I didn't really care for, off the top of my head.

Forgot Far and Away. That was good.