Author Topic: The C's Should Try to Draft Ekpe Udoh from Baylor  (Read 7049 times)

The C's Should Try to Draft Ekpe Udoh from Baylor
« on: March 29, 2010, 02:47:11 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
This kid really impressed me this year and in the tournament . He would be a perfect prospect to have off the bench to learn under KG and Clifford Ray. If you haven't seen him he is very long and very athletic. He is 6'10, but must have a wing span of over 7 ft easily. He transferred from Michigan and really improved his game the year he sat out. He can handle the ball very good for a big man, has a solid mid range and post up game(14 PPG), but what I like most of all is his rebounding shot blocking ability( something the C's need bad). He averaged almost 4 blks a game this year and 10 rebounds (3.5 offensive rebs per game).

His game looks so much like a young KG to me. Not saying he is going to be anywhere near the same level as KG in his prime, but he has a lot of the same skill sets.

Here's where the mock drafts have him going.

Draft Express - #13
NBA Draftnet - #24
        ESPN - late lottery to mid 1st rd

There must be some kind of trade that could be made to get into the late lottery?  this years 1st and a resigned Nate Robinson? I might even consider trading Perk for him since Perk will be up for a contract next year and there will be a bunch of very solid starting Centers available for the MLE this off-season.

He is only a JR though so there is a chance he goes back for his sr year if Dunn decides to go back.

Re: The C's Should Try to Draft Ekpe Udoh from Baylor
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 03:36:12 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Looks like another Serge Ibaka (that is a compliment!).

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 03:38:32 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I noticed him too.  He seemed a little spastic but I was very impressed with his length and ball-handling.  Has a similar build to KG; I'd be really curious to see how learning under KG would develop his game.

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 04:17:24 PM »

Offline thebirdman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
I really like him but I don`t think he is 6-10. Looks a little smaller to me...

I think he will go around #15 but there are a lot of PF/C˙s in the draft this year, so you never know who will drop. We would definitely have to trade up but sadly don`t have the assets to do so...unless you think Davis is an asset...

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 04:35:26 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
I like those Baylor kids. But who I really like is Gordon Hayward of Butler. That kid's a baller and he's white so I'm sure Ainge has his eye on him  :P

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 04:56:58 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
He'll be long gone by the time we pick.  I doubt we'll have the opportunity to draft up into the low teens since it's a pretty deep draft
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 05:19:51 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I like those Baylor kids. But who I really like is Gordon Hayward of Butler. That kid's a baller and he's white so I'm sure Ainge has his eye on him  :P

He's the new Michael Smith!  Which of course logically makes him the new new Larry Bird!  What could possibly go wrong?

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 05:33:47 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85

It's funny because Ainge has only taken one "white" guy in his tenure here in the draft and that was with the 60th choice of the draft and I'm not even really sure the team ever had plans for him. Yet I feel like every draft season he ends up being linked to a BYU player or other white college superstar.

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 06:17:17 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
The kid's too raw. No offensive game other than dunks and put backs. And he's not that big or strong. He's 6'10, but a thin 6'10. He blocks shots, but he won't block as many at the next level. Also, I don't think he's going to declare for the draft. So...
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 05:15:45 AM »

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

It's funny because Ainge has only taken one "white" guy in his tenure here in the draft and that was with the 60th choice of the draft and I'm not even really sure the team ever had plans for him. Yet I feel like every draft season he ends up being linked to a BYU player or other white college superstar.

And it was an internatonal white guy, not an American!

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 12:05:29 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

And it was an internatonal white guy, not an American!
Was Erden Danny's first international draft pick?

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 03:38:19 PM »

Online snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Marcus Cambyish.  I like him.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 06:13:26 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I've seen him play a couple times and I didn't see a lot of toughness from him. He has adequate strength but I think he could utilize it better.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 06:22:02 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I wanna see Danny/Wyc buy a pick or two. We could use a young big with some length. Udoh, Whiteside, or maybe even Danny Orton. Then get Paul George and Kyle Singler.

That'd make me a happy camper.

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 06:58:26 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I wanna see Danny/Wyc buy a pick or two. We could use a young big with some length. Udoh, Whiteside, or maybe even Danny Orton. Then get Paul George and Kyle Singler.

That'd make me a happy camper.

Yeah, I really hope they do buy 1 or 2 picks. The C's need to start reloading on young assets / guys that can run with Rondo.

There should be some available minutes next year, with the older guys continuing to play less minutes. Even if the young guys don't get the minutes right away, they will get them by the time we hit 2012.