Author Topic: Kick-Ass  (Read 6837 times)

Kick-Ass
« on: March 27, 2010, 02:35:10 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I've waited long enough to start a thread on this movie... certainly my personally most anticipated movie this season at the moment.

Here are some trailers... some of you might find them offensive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrKHu2UX1vA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZo3Qt5XuTI

Anyways, movie starts in a couple of weeks and early reviews for the movie have been highly positive from what I've seen. Any of you guys waiting for this movie with as much anticipation as I am?

I know that I haven't been able to stop watching this trailers over and over for some time now, they've been highly addicting to me for some reason.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 02:41:06 PM by BudweiserCeltic »

Re: Kick-Ass
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 04:32:01 PM »

Kiorrik

I will go and see this movie when it's out; it looks awesome.

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 05:27:49 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
Can't wait for this one. Looks wonderfully fun.....

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 07:46:04 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
will see it on dvd.  i dont really see comedies in the cinema.

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 07:57:14 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
I'll check it out for Christopher Mintz-Plasse. Everyone else is meh.

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 08:26:53 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Hell yes.

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 03:32:09 PM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
Saw it last night, the movie is so awesomely entertaining. Nicolas Cage and Chloe Moretz were fantastic, its is very funny, and very violent. Probably will  see it again over the next few days, id give it a 9 or so. I know it underpeformed at the box office, but i really they follow thru with a sequel.

Hit girl, is a legend.

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 03:37:03 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Yep very cool.

Hit Girl owns.

I especially like her comment regarding what her sign in the sky might be. (ala Batman's sign)
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 03:42:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Saw it thursday.   Had some funny moments and was entertaining.  Not very good, though.   If you saw any of the R-rated previews with Hit-girl dropping the C word and hacking people up... or Nick Cage "training" her... you've pretty much seen all that's worth seeing.

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 04:40:26 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Saw it thursday.   Had some funny moments and was entertaining.  Not very good, though.   If you saw any of the R-rated previews with Hit-girl dropping the C word and hacking people up... or Nick Cage "training" her... you've pretty much seen all that's worth seeing.

I guess I got lucky and didn't see any of the trailers.  I thought the Red Mist and how he wants to take over for his father was pretty clever.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 04:47:17 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney

[dang]. I love that Hit-Girl trailer. I'll probably see it anyway. Based solely on that clip, I want a Hit-Girl movie.

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 06:33:09 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Saw this last night.  It was a good time.  But like someone said, the unedited trailers ruined a lot of the jokes.  But besides that, it gets a thumbs up from me.

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 12:50:25 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Finally saw it yesterday. Liked it a lot, especially the Hit-Girl. One of the mosty awesome characters in those kind of films that I can remember.

Glad that there will be a sequel:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1650554/
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 05:56:55 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
Wow.

I hated it.

What a vacuous piece of garbage.

WARNING:

SPOILERS

BELOW

It's not the ultra-violence I have a problem with. It's how relentlessly self-impressed the movie is. It's nowhere near as cool or as cutting as it thinks it is. Beyond the choreography of the fight scenes, which are fun(ish), there's pretty much nothing to hang onto here. And its so empty of emotion and the villain is so cookie cutter that by the time Hit Girl was prone on the desk, with an adult punching her 11-year-old face, I was so totally disengaged, I didn't even care. Nice job Matthew Vaughn - you made violence against a child fall flat.

Anyway - that's my take. May try the comic book to see if the original vision was any better.

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 09:02:12 AM »

Kiorrik

Have to "Amen" this one.