Author Topic: Have you bought into Lebron HypeMachine???  (Read 32542 times)

Re: Have you bought into Lebron HypeMachine???
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2010, 10:10:23 AM »

Offline openairmovie

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 58
Fact is the guy has one ZERO championships and he was drafted in 01, so this upcoming draft will be ten years.  Ten years and you have won nothing, but have the balls the allow the comparisons to Bird, Magic, MJ  ect.   And then you go off and switch your #  out of respect to MJ  but take a guy who was even better than MJ's  #, Bill Russell.  If and when the Cavs dont win anything again this year,   I am going out and saying that Kevin Durant will win a championship before LeQueen.  Durant focuses on getting better and making his team better, as someone said he has the youngest team in the league and they are in a 5? seed as of right now, thats impressive.

« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2010, 10:16:08 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Fact is the guy has one ZERO championships and he was drafted in 01, so this upcoming draft will be ten years.  Ten years and you have won nothing, but have the balls the allow the comparisons to Bird, Magic, MJ  ect.   And then you go off and switch your #  out of respect to MJ  but take a guy who was even better than MJ's  #, Bill Russell.  If and when the Cavs dont win anything again this year,   I am going out and saying that Kevin Durant will win a championship before LeQueen.  Durant focuses on getting better and making his team better, as someone said he has the youngest team in the league and they are in a 5? seed as of right now, thats impressive.

He was drafted in 2003 not 2001. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2010, 11:20:51 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Lebron is one of the top passers in the league, a great rebounder and a fantastic defender. On top of that he's a phenominal scorer.

KD is a great scorer, but isn't a great passer, and doesn't believe in defense.

They aren't equivalent. KD is going to be a very, very good player in this league. LBJ, as much as i don't like him, is going to end up one of the top 10, probably top 5 players of all times (barring injury)

IT's not buying into a hype machine to objectively evaluate a player. the people who buy into the hype machine are the ones who claim LBJ isn't a great player and put paul pierce, who i love, anywhere near his level as the OP did.

It's simply not based in reality. lebron is the best player in the league, with kobe a close second, and melo and wade competing for the 3 spot.

Also the no championship argument is poorly constructed. He's only had a team capable of supporting that run for the last 3 years, and he's on pace to take them to at least another ECF, most likely a finals trip.

Jordan didn't win without a team around him either, and some great players never won at all. by this logic, stockton and malone weren't great players, or barkley, or ewing, ect. ect.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2010, 11:28:33 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

As crownsy alluded to above, Michael Jordan didn't win a championship until his 7th season in the league (at age 27), and it took having a Hall of Famer next to him for him to get over that hurdle.  I think it's way too early to write Lebron off.  He's in his 7th season, he came straight out of high school, and he was drafted by a horrific team that still has fairly mediocre talent.  I mean, Lebron has never had a guy as good as Pippen -- or even Pau Gasol -- as a teammate. 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 11:46:42 AM by Roy Hobbs »

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2010, 11:44:17 AM »

Offline dpaps

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88

As crownsy alluded to above, Michael Jordan didn't win a championship until his 13th season in the league, and it took having a Hall of Famer next to him for him to get over that hurdle.  I think it's way too early to write Lebron off.  He's in his 7th season, he came straight out of high school, and he was drafted by a horrific team that still has fairly mediocre talent.  I mean, Lebron has never had a guy as good as Pippen -- or even Pau Gasol -- as a teammate. 

Jordan won a championship in his 7th year, and 8th, and 9th? He was drafted in 84, won the title in 91.

Anyone who doesn't realize that Lebron is far and away the best player in the NBA right now isn't watching the same game. You can dislike Lebron's antics all you want, and yes he has never won an NBA title, but if you watch any Cavs game, it is absurdly clear that Lebron is in a different league than everyone else. And its not even close.

The Kevin Durant argument is weak at best. I think KDur will be the 2nd best player in the league some day, once Kobe starts to fade more, he'll pass him, but anyone here who watches the NBA should know Lebron is the best player in the L,

« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2010, 11:47:13 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176

As crownsy alluded to above, Michael Jordan didn't win a championship until his 13th season in the league, and it took having a Hall of Famer next to him for him to get over that hurdle.  I think it's way too early to write Lebron off.  He's in his 7th season, he came straight out of high school, and he was drafted by a horrific team that still has fairly mediocre talent.  I mean, Lebron has never had a guy as good as Pippen -- or even Pau Gasol -- as a teammate. 

Uh...  not 13th year.  First year was '84 - '85, and he won his first title in 1991.

« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2010, 11:47:30 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

Jordan won a championship in his 7th year, and 8th, and 9th? He was drafted in 84, won the title in 91.

Yeah, duh...  Sorry, that was a typo caused by doing too many things at once.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2010, 11:50:18 AM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105

He was drafted in 2003 not 2001. 

Yeah he was drafted in 2003 not 2001
How dare you disrespect Kwame Brown like that.
Kwame was the #1 pick in 2001, not Lebron! ;D

« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2010, 12:09:22 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
How can you say Durant is the best all around player when LeBron is better than him in nearly every category!

Durant is considered by some "the best scorer in the game"...and LeBron averages more points a game than him!!!! LeBron averages 6 more assists than Durant...Some point guards dont even average 6 assists per game themselves and LeBron is plus 6 on the so called best player? Yeah right. Plus LeBron has led his team all season to the best record and an unstoppable force.

Face reality and stop being so jealous. Someone said they would trade any of our starting five for LeBron, I would trade any 2 players of our starting line up for Lebron... Heck I would even think of trading KG, Allen, and Pierce for him.... (Think about it I said...)

There is not even a debate that LeBron is the best player in the league currently. And its not like LeBron is playing with scrubs. He is putting up incredible numbers with players around him that can put up and need their numbers too.

Place Lebron on the thunder he averages 35 10 and 10...Durant on the cavs? His numbers arent as good as the currently are.

Come on dude.

Lebron is Eddie Vedder and Durant is Kurt CObain

See, I'd say it's more like LeBron is Eddie Vedder and Durant is Eddie Vedder 2.0, aka Scott Stapp.  LeBron provided the prototype to be sure, but Durant improved on it in pretty much every way imaginable.   :P

« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2010, 12:11:53 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
How can you say Durant is the best all around player when LeBron is better than him in nearly every category!

Durant is considered by some "the best scorer in the game"...and LeBron averages more points a game than him!!!! LeBron averages 6 more assists than Durant...Some point guards dont even average 6 assists per game themselves and LeBron is plus 6 on the so called best player? Yeah right. Plus LeBron has led his team all season to the best record and an unstoppable force.

Face reality and stop being so jealous. Someone said they would trade any of our starting five for LeBron, I would trade any 2 players of our starting line up for Lebron... Heck I would even think of trading KG, Allen, and Pierce for him.... (Think about it I said...)

There is not even a debate that LeBron is the best player in the league currently. And its not like LeBron is playing with scrubs. He is putting up incredible numbers with players around him that can put up and need their numbers too.

Place Lebron on the thunder he averages 35 10 and 10...Durant on the cavs? His numbers arent as good as the currently are.

Come on dude.

See, I'd say it's more like LeBron is Eddie Vedder and Durant is Eddie Vedder 2.0, aka Scott Stapp.  LeBron provided the prototype to be sure, but Durant improved on it in pretty much every way imaginable.   :P

How about Lebron is John Lennon and Durant is Mick Jagger?

Hey, if you're gonna use music analogies why limit it to the last 20 years or so?  ;)

« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2010, 12:13:25 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

Come on dude.

Haha.  Interesting analogy, except Durant vs. Lebron is really like "improved on it slightly in shooting, leveled off in rebounding, scoring, and efficiency, and declined in passing and defense".

Maybe Lebron is Eddie Vedder '93, and Durant is Vedder 2010.  Some things are improved, but the total package just isn't there.

« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2010, 12:15:30 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Come on dude.

How about Lebron is John Lennon and Durant is Mick Jagger?

Hey, if you're gonna use music analogies why limit it to the last 20 years or so?  ;)

Scal is Mrs. Miller.

« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2010, 12:22:45 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
So far Lebron is like a Tim Duncan in his prime and Durant is like Amare Stoudamire ( minus the small brain).  Durant is awesome but so far he looks more like a Dominique Wilkens than a Larry Bird.  As good as Durant is, he's not in Lebron's stratosphere yet.

« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2010, 12:24:36 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
So far Lebron is like a Tim Duncan in his prime and Durant is like Amare Stoudamire ( minus the small brain).  Durant is awesome but so far he looks more like a Dominique Wilkens than a Larry Bird.  As good as Durant is, he's not in Lebron's stratosphere yet.

Yup.

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2010, 12:28:44 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Come on dude.

Haha.  Interesting analogy, except Durant vs. Lebron is really like "improved on it slightly in shooting, leveled off in rebounding, scoring, and efficiency, and declined in passing and defense".

Maybe Lebron is Eddie Vedder '93, and Durant is Vedder 2010.  Some things are improved, but the total package just isn't there.

Heh, I was just teasing pearljammer (I'm a big PJ fan too, and hate Creed, for the record).  I think LeBron is a much better player than Durant but I enjoy watching Durant a lot more.