Author Topic: Have you bought into Lebron HypeMachine???  (Read 32456 times)

Re: Have you bought into Lebron HypeMachine???
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2010, 12:18:02 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
How can you say Durant is the best all around player when LeBron is better than him in nearly every category!

Durant is considered by some "the best scorer in the game"...and LeBron averages more points a game than him!!!! LeBron averages 6 more assists than Durant...Some point guards dont even average 6 assists per game themselves and LeBron is plus 6 on the so called best player? Yeah right. Plus LeBron has led his team all season to the best record and an unstoppable force.

Face reality and stop being so jealous. Someone said they would trade any of our starting five for LeBron, I would trade any 2 players of our starting line up for Lebron... Heck I would even think of trading KG, Allen, and Pierce for him.... (Think about it I said...)

There is not even a debate that LeBron is the best player in the league currently. And its not like LeBron is playing with scrubs. He is putting up incredible numbers with players around him that can put up and need their numbers too.

Place Lebron on the thunder he averages 35 10 and 10...Durant on the cavs? His numbers arent as good as the currently are.

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2010, 12:18:10 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
Thing that bugs me is..my 6 yr old Loves those Kobe-Lebron Muppet commercials.

If they ever made a KG/Pierce/Ray Muppet show, I'd go jump off a cliff..

With a Parachute, of course ;D

worst commercials ever....the thing that kills me is that they pay kobe and lbj millionssss for their likeness and thats what they do???
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2010, 12:22:50 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis

Face reality and stop being so jealous. Someone said they would trade any of our starting five for LeBron, I would trade any 2 players of our starting line up for Lebron... Heck I would even think of trading KG, Allen, and Pierce for him.... (Think about it I said...)

well from a cap space situation, theres no doubt youd do that.  1. get out from KGs killer contract. 2. Ray is a FA in 3 months. 3. Pierce is the tough part, but is set to make 22 million next year.  So yes, anyone would do that and ride Bron and Rondo for the next few years.  of course that trade would be contingent on signing bron
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2010, 12:29:06 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
How can you say Durant is the best all around player when LeBron is better than him in nearly every category!

Durant is considered by some "the best scorer in the game"...and LeBron averages more points a game than him!!!! LeBron averages 6 more assists than Durant...Some point guards dont even average 6 assists per game themselves and LeBron is plus 6 on the so called best player? Yeah right. Plus LeBron has led his team all season to the best record and an unstoppable force.

There is not even a debate that LeBron is the best player in the league currently. And its not like LeBron is playing with scrubs. He is putting up incredible numbers with players around him that can put up and need their numbers too.

Place Lebron on the thunder he averages 35 10 and 10...Durant on the cavs? His numbers arent as good as the currently are.

Come on dude.

Lebron is Eddie Vedder and Durant is Kurt CObain

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2010, 12:41:49 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Actually that would be CP3. He got the points, steals, assist, and rebounds. On top of that, he is a much better shooter than Lebron James will ever be.

KD is his OWN player. They play that game differently. Lebron has control of the ball 100% of the time. KD get his in the flow of the offense. KD doesn't play for stats. The guy is already better than Lebron at the same stage in their career.

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2010, 12:43:34 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen

Actually that would be CP3. He got the points, steals, assist, and rebounds. On top of that, he is a much better shooter than Lebron James will ever be.

KD is his OWN player. They play that game differently. Lebron has control of the ball 100% of the time. KD get his in the flow of the offense. KD doesn't play for stats. The guy is already better than Lebron at the same stage in their career.

Better scorer, which I will argue to the death. Lebron is the better player.

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2010, 12:49:41 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Only way to settle this a HORSE game. Off the floor, Off the scoreboard, Off the bankBoard & NO RIM!

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2010, 12:52:00 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen

Only way to settle this a HORSE game. Off the floor, Off the scoreboard, Off the bankBoard & NO RIM!

TP! We need to see this!

Oh wait, Lebron is too chicken to participate in these kind of competitions. Too afraid hell cry if he loses.

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2010, 05:09:09 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach

TP! We need to see this!

Oh wait, Lebron is too chicken to participate in these kind of competitions. Too afraid hell cry if he loses.

...zing!
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2010, 05:54:55 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 162
  • Green 18!
I hate him, but I think he is the best player in the league since 20 years.

« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2010, 06:09:05 AM »

Offline buzz

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 29
I bought into the LeBron hype machine 5 minutes into seeing his first HS game that got televised on ESPN.

Already playing at a higher level than anyone I have seen, and I am almost 40.

« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2010, 07:31:45 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Come on dude.

This analogy makes no sense unless you are agreeing with my point... Eddie Vedder is lengths better and 5 thousands times more talented than Kurt Cobain in every aspect. Signing, writing, stage presence, media. Even when Nirvana and Pearl Jam were competing against one another when Cobain was alive, Pearl Jam still outsold, outplayed, and gained more fans than Cobains outfit. Cobain killed himself to make his band more popular. I really don't see where you are trying to go here...

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2010, 09:12:57 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I hate him, but I think he is the best player in the league since 20 years.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2010, 09:36:10 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen

Come on dude.

This analogy makes no sense unless you are agreeing with my point... Eddie Vedder is lengths better and 5 thousands times more talented than Kurt Cobain in every aspect. Signing, writing, stage presence, media. Even when Nirvana and Pearl Jam were competing against one another when Cobain was alive, Pearl Jam still outsold, outplayed, and gained more fans than Cobains outfit. Cobain killed himself to make his band more popular. I really don't see where you are trying to go here...

Just a lighthearted attempt at humor. Sorry.

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2010, 09:45:45 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
C'mon guys fess up, Have you?

Personally, I'd say: NO WAY!!! He is a great player, but is he better than Wade??? Better than Carmelo??? Better than Kobe(don't hate me)??? Better than CP3??? Better than Durant??? Better than Pierce???

Now they're trying to sell you on Lebron being the greatest Basketball Player of all-time. Don't believe the hype. I'd take Wade over Lebron any day of the week.

I am not sure about the hype machine, but based on watching him play, he is the best player in the league right now, and he is still getting better.

I think what really sets him apart from some of those other guys is his defense.  Kobe's defense has declined dramatically over the last few years, Wade was always good but not great, and Durant doesn't do defense. 

I think you could argue that there are better scorers in the league, or better overall offensive players (although that is very debatable), but all-around, I find it hard to argue against Lebron as the best.

Now best all-time...I refuse to even broach that topic until he gets a post game.