Author Topic: Have you bought into Lebron HypeMachine???  (Read 32548 times)

Re: Have you bought into Lebron HypeMachine???
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2010, 04:37:32 PM »

Offline Celtic#9

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 15
i will say lebron is the best player in the nba but i think that Melo and durant are close. i think melo would be really good if he got some more superstar calls. And durant is still mightily improving. Imagine if he bulks up more. Also i think wae is up there and last season average basically the same number of pionts and assists,more blocks and steals higher fg% and only had less rebounds cause he is like 6'4" he is a MAN

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2010, 04:38:29 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Lebron is the best player in the NBa and DWade is the 2nd best player.

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2010, 05:19:31 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Lebron is the best player in the league and it is not even close. If he was on the Lakers instead of Kobe they would probably win 5 championships in a row. I don't even care if he would be a "bad fit" for the team they would still win every year.

Pierce isn't on his level but he had a few good years of carrying pretty pathetic Celtics teams into the playoffs and made it to the ECF one year. Did he really have as much talent as Lebron? I think the difference is nil.

Also people talking about Pierce not doing much till he got talent around him, well he did do some stuff and also how can you not use that argument on other guys like Kobe and Melo??
Kobe has had ridiculous talent around him his whole career and when he didn't he did absolutely nothing. Melo has always had tons of talent around him and he's barely brought his team to anything. I mean come on Melo's supporting cast was a lot better than Pierce's ECF cast.

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2010, 05:33:40 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'm not a fan of LeBron's game except for sometimes his passing, but I've figured since he came into the league that he'd retire in a two-man argument for greatest ever.  I haven't seen anything to change that.  He'll ultimately need to win titles to enter any real all-time debates, but barring injury I can't see how he wouldn't get there. 

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2010, 05:54:08 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
A better question have you bought into the Lebron HateMachine? Although I think I already have the answer. Lebron is the best player in the NBA. He lead a team of role-players to 66 wins and they lost because of Matchups not because they choked (actually Williams did choke) I think Kobe has the better Hypemachine considering the majority of fans still think Kobe's better. As Hobbs said this year is the first year I'd say Lebron should win the title.

Another thing the whole Lebron isn't clutch stuff is a load of bull. I think Lebron is one of the most clutch players in the league. You might not take him for the last shot over guys like Kobe, Melo, Pierce, and Allen but in the last 4 minutes of a game there's no one more productive or efficient. Being clutch takes more than just making the last shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmH0ot-KtSw

Lebron is an Animal.

Re: Have bought into Lebron HypeMachine???
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2010, 05:59:39 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
i think he is the best player in the league, but he is still a DB!
I definitely agree with the DB part.

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2010, 06:03:14 PM »

Offline RedVision

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
Personally I despise Lebron more than any other player in the league, even more so then Kobe. My take on Lebron is that he is the most physically/athletically gifted player in the NBA. As far as just all around skill he's still up there but not with the likes of Kobe, Melo, Wade, (maybe Durant-not as well rounded) I just dont enjoy watching Lebron as the others mentioned who have more fluidity and pure skill associated with their games...

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2010, 06:05:30 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
A better question have you bought into the Lebron HateMachine?

Exactly.  The hatred for that guy in these parts is incredible.

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2010, 06:08:49 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Lebron is the best player in the NBA right now. Also very overhyped.

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2010, 06:12:28 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Probably the best player in the league. I would seriously doubt the reasonableness and rationality of anyone who takes offense to such a claim.

He is also fun to watch.

I also respect his focus and lack of off the court incidents.

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2010, 06:19:29 PM »

Offline dlpin

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 183
Best player in the league for sure. I have no problems with that. I do have a problem when he is compared to the all time greats as if he was as good or better than them. His game still has significant short comings. He might get there, but is certainly not there.

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2010, 06:27:30 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Hate on What? He might be build like a Tiger, but nothing about his game is  especial. He isn't a great shooter, not a great passer, not a great rebounder, not a great defender, not a great ball-handler, no post game, etc..... A superior athlete with freakish body. Basketball wise nothing is especial about Lebron. Carmelo got game. Paul Pierce got game. Lebron is a freak.

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2010, 06:49:07 PM »

Offline RedVision

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8

Hate on What? He might be build like a Tiger, but nothing about his game is  especial. He isn't a great shooter, not a great passer, not a great rebounder, not a great defender, not a great ball-handler, no post game, etc..... A superior athlete with freakish body. Basketball wise nothing is especial about Lebron. Carmelo got game. Paul Pierce got game. Lebron is a freak.

TP to you ive been saying this for years about the guy!!! Oh and to the comment that his game is enjoyable to watch??? How? He looks like a Varstiy Basketball player playing vs middle school kids at times...just put ur head down and drive to the lane.

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2010, 06:59:23 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
LBJ is currently the best basketball player.  But it is close between LBJ and Kobe.
Is LBJ the best in history?  Absolutely not.  Of course it is difficult to compare across generations of players (because of rule changes and entry of foreign players) but even so... LBJ needs to win at least a handful or rings before he even enters the discussion of best ever.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2010, 07:25:04 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

If you won't give Lebron credit for his passing and rebounding, then you won't give him credit for anything.