Poll

do you like the idea proposed below?

Yes
7 (43.8%)
No
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: ticket giveaway idea - thoughts welcome  (Read 6903 times)

Re: ticket giveaway idea - thoughts welcome
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 12:07:23 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
ok, I didn't expect the distance to be a bigger issue than the cost

theoretically, if you could buy a t-shirt online and be guaranteed a ticket to pick up at will call or perhaps even a neutral site, would that be better?

Jeff, not trying to be a stickler on the cost issue because it's certainly still a good deal, but if the idea of these tickets are for them to be promotional, why require people to purchase something?

well, for one thing to get the t-shirts on the street - for another thing, it would give people the chance to make sure they get tickets for cheap without relying purely on luck

at least those are my motivations - I haven't decided at all what to do right now
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 12:12:42 PM »

Offline stoyko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 77
I like the ticket give aways and I like the CBlog t-shirts but I feel you should keep them separate. I'm sure a lot of CBloggers will buy t-shirts regardless of the ticket giveaway and I still feel random/semi random lottery is the fairest way to give away tickets especially as many people need advance notice to schedule a game. Just my 2 cents! Keep up good work Jeff!
NJ Nyets.
A.Iguodala,Nene,A. Brooks, H. Warrick, ,C.Delfino,MoWilliams,Nick Collison,Reggie Williams, T. Douglas, E. Barron,Q. Ross,James Anderson, Jeff Pendergraph

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 12:13:25 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
If you were to make Celticsblog T-Shirts available I most certainly would buy regardless of whether or not there were free tickets attached.

BUT...if someone did not wish to purchase but wanted to participate in the promotion, maybe you could have them show up in a homemade CB T-shirt. Considerably cheaper and still promotes CB. Just a thought.

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 12:22:13 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
here's a preview of the shirt (attached)
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 12:35:33 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I would love tickets to a game... I've been living 40 minutes outside of Boston my whole life yet for some reason I've never been to a Celtics game.

With that being said...

1. I'm not old enough to go to a bar. (20)
2. I wouldn't go into Boston to sit in a bar even if I could, unless I was absolutely sure I was getting tickets.

However, I have no problem with paying 20 dollars for tickets and a t-shirt.

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 12:49:01 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
You can't please everyone. I think this is as good an idea as any other.

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2010, 12:56:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The promotion sounds like a good idea, though in fairness, I think you can now buy good balcony seats for $18 now on some sites.

All I care about is that you make those shirts in XXL. And not those fake XXL sizes that are really just XLs so that when you put them on you look like you just went shopping at Baby Gap, but real XXLs.

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2010, 01:39:53 PM »

Offline Master Po

• Author and
  • CelticsBlog Relic
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
  • The Man behind the Curtain
I will donate the cost of the T-shirt (give to Jeff via mail) if that solves the problem......just hold up a sign that says Master Po right next next to the T-Shirt and send me a picture...it's as close as I will get to the Gahhden this year..

see....it's all settled