Author Topic: Any Chance Ed Davis Slips?  (Read 6080 times)

Re: Any Chance Ed Davis Slips?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 12:00:49 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I like Monroe too, but doubt if he will slip.  The most likely "slipees" are Motiejunas (too skinny), Stanley Robinson (tweener, bad free throw shooter), Alabi (a project any way you slice it) and Damion James (already 22 years old).

I like Damion James a lot. I think he's a case of the great player that everyone forgets about since he is so consistent and does his job year after year and doesn't have freak athleticism. Reminds me a bit of David West. A lot of people question Texas' struggles, but I'm starting to really doubt Barnes as a coach. Couldn't crack the sweet 16 with Kevin Durant.

And Ed Davis has all of the warning signs of a guy you want to stay away from.

What warning signs do you mean?
do it

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 12:45:52 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I'm still rooting for Dexter Pittman. He's shown the drive to lose a ton of weight from HS, and he's got the work ethic to work on his game,etc. I think people might over look him b/c he's not an extreme athletic 4(like a Tyrus Thomas) but he can dunk and block shots etc. And he's 6'11, Tall enough and strong enough to play backup Perk(kinda reminds me of a faster KP)
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 01:39:32 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85

What warning signs do you mean?

Mostly worried about how bad his hands are and his lack of touch. No jumper whatsoever. Nice help D and rebounding, though. I'd say he mostly reminds me of Keon Clark. Can't really be a go to offensive player, but is good at blocking shots and making athletic plays.

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 01:41:08 AM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
As a big Carolina supporter, Davis would be a steal at #25 or wherever we wind up, but he won't slip that far and we really don't want him at any pick where he could be expected to go.  He's got some serious maturity issues and has regressed quite a bit from a very good freshman year.  Chapel Hill rumor mill has it that he's the most hated guy among his teammates as well. 

He's got the skills to eventually be a very good player but I don't see him consistently contributing to a high-level team anytime soon.

EDIT:  I agree that Greg Monroe would be an awesome pick if he slid to us though.  He's gonna be a good one, reminds me a lot of Lamar Odom with more heart.

Totally agree with this. Last year I played on the JV team at UNC and we were around the Varsity players a lot. Davis was pretty much the biggest tool on the team besides Ty Lawson.

But basketball-wise he has great touch on the offensive end and could be a Marcus Camny-like defender - great-weakside shot blocking and questionable man defense due to his strength.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce