Author Topic: Any Chance Ed Davis Slips?  (Read 6076 times)

Any Chance Ed Davis Slips?
« on: March 15, 2010, 02:48:53 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
With his wrist injury and the fact that UNC is not in the postseason, I think people might be forgetting about this guy. Anyone think he can slip out of the lottery? He wasnt having a great season even before the injury.

I think this guy is the next Al Jefferson.

Re: Any Chance Ed Davis Slips?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 02:55:06 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Not likely.  If he is going to slip out of the lottery, he would pull out of the draft.

The high cieling big that I think has the most potential to slip will be Greg Monroe.  His lack of elite athleticism has a lot of people sleeping on him, and I think he could slip into the late teens or lower.  I think he will be a VERY good NBA player though.

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 03:00:28 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
Yeah I guess it would have to be an unexpected slip. I like Monroe too but I guess I am grasping at straws for the possibility for the Celtics to land a superstar in the last 1/3  of the 1st round.

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 03:18:50 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I don't think Davis even enters the draft.  He doesn't need the money and I think he wants to win a championship on his own.  Next year with Harrison Barnes, Bullock and Marshall coming in as freshman, he may very well have a chance.
do it

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 03:19:03 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Davis will pull out unless he gets a lottery promise.

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 03:24:50 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Not likely.  If he is going to slip out of the lottery, he would pull out of the draft.

The high cieling big that I think has the most potential to slip will be Greg Monroe.  His lack of elite athleticism has a lot of people sleeping on him, and I think he could slip into the late teens or lower.  I think he will be a VERY good NBA player though.

I really like Monroe, it would be nice if he could slip.

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 03:33:28 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
I like Monroe too, but doubt if he will slip.  The most likely "slipees" are Motiejunas (too skinny), Stanley Robinson (tweener, bad free throw shooter), Alabi (a project any way you slice it) and Damion James (already 22 years old).

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 03:34:24 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
Not of he watches where he's going :P I'm here all week folks
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 03:37:57 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
As a big Carolina supporter, Davis would be a steal at #25 or wherever we wind up, but he won't slip that far and we really don't want him at any pick where he could be expected to go.  He's got some serious maturity issues and has regressed quite a bit from a very good freshman year.  Chapel Hill rumor mill has it that he's the most hated guy among his teammates as well. 

He's got the skills to eventually be a very good player but I don't see him consistently contributing to a high-level team anytime soon.

EDIT:  I agree that Greg Monroe would be an awesome pick if he slid to us though.  He's gonna be a good one, reminds me a lot of Lamar Odom with more heart.

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 03:59:01 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
Monroe reminds me of Z-bo with more heart.

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 03:59:10 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
As a big Carolina supporter, Davis would be a steal at #25 or wherever we wind up, but he won't slip that far and we really don't want him at any pick where he could be expected to go.  He's got some serious maturity issues and has regressed quite a bit from a very good freshman year.  Chapel Hill rumor mill has it that he's the most hated guy among his teammates as well. 

He's got the skills to eventually be a very good player but I don't see him consistently contributing to a high-level team anytime soon.

EDIT:  I agree that Greg Monroe would be an awesome pick if he slid to us though.  He's gonna be a good one, reminds me a lot of Lamar Odom with more heart.

Thanks for the insight!

This just makes me more optimistic that he could slip if this kind of information makes it's way to scouts. He is a young guy. I would love to see him mature on a veteran team like the Celtics learning the ropes from KG.

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 04:23:31 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I like Monroe too, but doubt if he will slip.  The most likely "slipees" are Motiejunas (too skinny), Stanley Robinson (tweener, bad free throw shooter), Alabi (a project any way you slice it) and Damion James (already 22 years old).

I like Damion James a lot. I think he's a case of the great player that everyone forgets about since he is so consistent and does his job year after year and doesn't have freak athleticism. Reminds me a bit of David West. A lot of people question Texas' struggles, but I'm starting to really doubt Barnes as a coach. Couldn't crack the sweet 16 with Kevin Durant.

And Ed Davis has all of the warning signs of a guy you want to stay away from.

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 04:41:50 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Well, I am not saying he will slip down to the 20's, I just think he is a mid to high lottery talent, and he may slip to the mid first round if he does not have a good tournament, or workouts.

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 07:09:55 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Is Ed Davis really in any danger of slipping out of the lottery?

Are there really 14 players teams would take before him?

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 11:08:35 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

I doubt it.  Monroe had a good Big East Tourney and will probably impress in the NCAA tournament.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers