Author Topic: Nomar To Retire As A Red Sox  (Read 6995 times)

Nomar To Retire As A Red Sox
« on: March 10, 2010, 09:49:14 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Nomar Garciaparra will retire as a Red Sox member today ... pretty cool, in my opinion.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2010/03/nomar_to_retire.html

;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Re: Nomar To Retire As A Red Sox
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 10:34:14 AM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147
Its just awesome.  Nomar was the greatest Red Sox player of this generation.  Class move to retire here. 

But on another note...I feel so old with Nomar retiring, Iverson probably about to.  Antoine in PR, Marbury going crazy in China.  My era feels like its very close to being over.

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 10:43:03 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
This guy was a blast to watch during his heyday. He could really hit.  Not sure he was ever the same after the wrist injury but certainly, along with Pedro, the preeminant Red Sox of my late high school & college years.  That '99 season was one of my favorite Red Sox seasons ever.  Still have my home #5 jersey in my closet.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 10:44:23 AM »

Offline IBLEEDGREEN30

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
nomar was crazy on the sox.

[dang] memories.
"Antoine.. For The Game.. GOT IT.. OFF THE GLASS!!! WITH 1.2 ON THE CLOCK!!! THE CELTS ARE UP BY 1!!!!!... AN-TOINE WALKER BANKS IT HOME!!!!

- Mike Gorman After Antoine Walker banks in the go ahead 3 point shot off the class in Los Angeles. February 2002.

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 10:49:35 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Curt Schilling did his part.

So did Manny & David Ortiz.

But outside of Pedro, Nomar was the best Red Sox to ever play during the transition from the last and new millennium.

Ever since Nomar was traded and Pedro was let go during FA, I've never felt the same about the Sox, even with Manny and David still on the team.

Nomar was "home grown". It's too bad his back of career was full of injuries.

I'm not going to remember Nomar for his trade that led to the most unlikely World Series ever.

I'm going to remember Nomar's 2 batting titles and his 2 grand slams in one game.

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 11:04:41 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Nomar Garciaparra will retire as a Red Sox member today ... pretty cool, in my opinion.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2010/03/nomar_to_retire.html

;)

Classy move all around.
All the best to you, Nomah.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 11:20:47 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Excellent move. That makes me extremely happy. I can't wait to see Nomar on baseball tonight. With him being in the National League for such a long time it was like he left Boston and we never got to see him again.

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 11:27:17 AM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Just saved my summ-ah.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 11:50:33 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Maybe Im crazy, but I feel like if we have an injury or two he would not look to bad on our bench as a pinch hitter.
He cant be older then 35 can he? Also, I am pleasantly surprised he chose to retire with the red sox since he kind of left on bad terms.

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 12:12:20 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Kinda ironic that he now has a job with ESPN after being rather cold towards the media during his playing days.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 03:22:28 PM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147
This guy was a blast to watch during his heyday. He could really hit.  Not sure he was ever the same after the wrist injury but certainly, along with Pedro, the preeminant Red Sox of my late high school & college years.  That '99 season was one of my favorite Red Sox seasons ever.  Still have my home #5 jersey in my closet.

That jersey has magically turned into a Nick Green jersey...

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 03:34:52 PM »

Offline Meds

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Its just awesome.  Nomar was the greatest Red Sox player of this generation.  Class move to retire here. 

But on another note...I feel so old with Nomar retiring, Iverson probably about to.  Antoine in PR, Marbury going crazy in China.  My era feels like its very close to being over.
Haha right Antione and Nomar were my childhood heroes.