Author Topic: Celtics (40-21) at Bucks (33-29) 3/9  (Read 77052 times)

Celtics (40-21) at Bucks (33-29) 3/9
« on: March 08, 2010, 05:31:01 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
at
Boston Celtics (40-21) at Milwaukee Bucks (33-29)
Tuesday, March 9
8:00 PM ET
 Game #62, Road Game #33
TV:  CSN HD, FSN Wisc, NBA LP 760, 761
Bradley Center

Coach: Doc Rivers
Average Age: 29.0
Average Height: 6-6
Average Weight: 228

Probable Starters

PG:  Rajon Rondo  PPG 14.1 APG 9.9 SPG 2.5
SG:  Ray Allen   PPG 16.5 APG 2.7  3P% .352
SF:  Paul Pierce   PPG 17.7  RPG 4.4 APG 3.2
PF:  Kevin Garnett   PPG 14.4  RPG 7.5  BPG .9
C:    Kendrick Perkins  PPG 10.8 RPG 7.8 BPG  1.8

Reserves
Rasheed Wallace
Shelden Williams
Nate Robinson
Michael Finley
Brian Scalabrine
Tony Allen
Marquis Daniels
Glen Davis

Injuries
None

D League
Marcus Landry

Coach: Scott Skiles
Average Age: 28.4
Average Height: 6-6
Average Weight: 220

Probable Starters

PG:  Brandon Jennings    PPG 15.8  APG 6.1 SPG 1.4   
SG: John Salmons    PPG 13.8  APG 2.6  3P%..370
SF:   Carlos Delfino    PPG 10.6  APG 5.3  APG 2.6
PF:   Luc Richard Mbah a Moute   PPG 6.7  RPG 5.5  BPG .6
C:    Andrew Bogut   PPG 16.0  RPG 10.3  BPG 2.4

Reserves
Luke Ridnour
Dan Gadzuric
Kurt Thomas
Jerry Stackhouse
Ersan Ilyasova
Charlie Bell
Royal Ivey
Primoz Brezec

Injuries
Michael Redd   (ACL) out

Team Connections
Assistant Coach Joe Wolf played for the Celtics during the 1992-93 season
Bucks assistant coach Adrian Griffin played for the Celtics from 1999-2001
Ray Allen played for the Bucks from 1996-2002
Bucks Trainer Marc Boff worked for the Celtics for eight seasons as an
assistant trainer and physical therapist
Armond Hill played for the Bucks during the 1982-83 season
Brandon Jennings and Rajon Rondo both attended Oak Hill Academy
Luke Ridnour and Ray Allen were teammates in Seattle from 2003-07
Carlos Delfino and Rasheed Wallace were teammates in Detroit from 2004-07
Primoz Brezec and Rasheed Wallace were teammates during the 2007-08 season
Royal Ivey and Shelden Williams were teammates in Atlanta during the 2006-07 season
John Salmons was teammates with Shelden Williams in Sacramento during the 2007-08 and 2008-09 seasons…Jerry Stackhouse and Marquis Daniels were teammates in Dallas from 2004-06
Michael Finley and Jerry Stackhouse were teammates in Dallas during the 2004-05 season
Kurt Thomas and Michael Finley were teammates in San Antonio in the 2008-09 season and in Dallas from 1996-98
Michael Finley and Bucks assistant coach Adrian Griffin were teammates in Dallas during the 2002-03 season

Key Matchups
  vs 
Rajon Rondo vs Brandon Jennings
The Bucks rookie PG has been impressive and is one of the leaders for Rookie of the year.   Rondo has been impressive himself as of late.  Rondo needs to use his experience to get the best of this matchup.

vs 
Kendrick Perkins vs Andrew Bogut
Bogut been having a great year and is a big reason that the Bucks are playing very well.  There should be some good battles between these 2 physical centers.   

Honorable Mention
Kevin Garnett vs Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
KG has a big height advantage over the 6'8" Mbah a Moute and should be able to get his shot off over him.  But KG will need his speed and mobility to keep up with the young and athletic Mbah a Moute on the defensive end

Game Notes
 The Celtics are currently leading the season series 1-0; Celtics won the season series 2-1 against Milwaukee in 2008-09
 Paul Pierce led the Celtics with 20.3 points per game last season against Milwaukee
 Andrew Bogut averaged 15.5 points and 8.5 rebounds in two games against the Celtics last year
 The Celtics are 11-7 against Milwaukee since the start of the 2004-05 season
 The Celtics and Bucks are tied in the all-time season series 90-89 with the Celtics 58-32 at home

The Bucks have been on a roll as of late.  They are 9-1 in their last 10 games and have won 3 in a row. The Celtics have been picking up the pace lately also, having won 7 of their last 10 and bring a 4 game win streak into this game.   The Bucks are in the 5th spot in the East, 7.5 games behind the Celtics who are in the 3rd spot, just a game and a half behind the Magic. 

The Celtics beat the Bucks 98-89 in Boston earlier in the season, but this Bucks team is way different from the one we faced then.  6 players that were on the floor for the Bucks then have been traded and John Salmons, Primoz Brezec, Ersan Ilyasova, and Royal Ivey have replaced them in the rotation. 

The Bucks come into this game well rested having last played on Saturday while the Celtics have had one day off coming into this game.  Both teams are coming off a win over the Washington Wizards, although the Bucks' win was a blowout and the Celtics barely squeaked by after sleepwalking through the first 3 quarters. 

We are entering the stretch run now where every game counts toward getting home court advantage in the playoffs.  The Celtics can't afford to lose focus and hope to flip a switch sometime during the game.   They may have gotten away with that against the Wizards, but that will be much tougher against a team like the Bucks.  One win streak will end and if the Celtics don't want it to be theirs, they need to come out focused and play for 48 minutes.   

Keys to the Game
Defense, Defense, Defense
Rebound the Ball
Strong Start -Don't dig a hole
Focus for 48 minutes  [/center]

Re: Celtics (40-21) at Bucks (33-29) 3/9
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 07:13:38 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
All I want for my birthday is for my boys to play hard for all 48 (plus ?) minutes.  A win would be nice, but playing to win for the whole game would be the best!  tp, FL
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 07:25:20 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
 Would be going to this if I didn't have to work >:(

At least I can see it on the local channel.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 05:19:11 AM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
For 3 straight games, we haven't allowed 90 points. Here's to some defense tonight and keep this trend going.

KG and Pierce were showing some emotion to each other Sunday night, and if that gets a bit contagious, we may just show the Bucks the door out of their own house early. Here's to some energy tonight.

Here's to some defense, here's to some energy, and here's to some Celtics basketball. CELTICS HURRAH!

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 05:30:09 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Another thread, another Tommy Point.

Do people here remember to give FL credit for her work by way of TP's? You should. Let's get her to 3000.

GO CELTS!

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 08:20:12 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

Do people here remember to give FL credit for her work by way of TP's? You should. Let's get her to 3000.

GO CELTS!

Every game. Great work FL!

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 08:21:24 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
This will be a tough game tonight and I think the bilding will be loud for the first time in years in mill.

I think we quiet them with more great defense and a monster game from Rondo. I mean huge like 25 16 8. Mark it down.

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 08:21:56 AM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
For 3 straight games, we haven't allowed 90 points. Here's to some defense tonight and keep this trend going.

KG and Pierce were showing some emotion to each other Sunday night, and if that gets a bit contagious, we may just show the Bucks the door out of their own house early. Here's to some energy tonight.

Here's to some defense, here's to some energy, and here's to some Celtics basketball. CELTICS HURRAH!

I'm looking for incremental improvement tonight.  More passing, more hustle, more shutdown defense.  While 6 minutes of spectacular ball brought us a W against the Wizards, I would like to see a more complete game and more consistent effort tonight.  Playing a "hot" Bucks team will be a good measuring stick of whether we are getting it together.  GO CELTICS!!!

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 08:48:40 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
All I want for my birthday is for my boys to play hard for all 48 (plus ?) minutes.  A win would be nice, but playing to win for the whole game would be the best!  tp, FL

Happy birthday!  :)

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 08:53:45 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

GO CELTS!

I take it for granted. That's the way I roll.

The Bucks have been playing well since the trade deadline. X factor is Jennings who had been struggling quite a bit with his shot for some games now, but had a very good game against the Cavs the other day. So let's see which Brandon shows up.

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 10:06:05 AM »

Offline miraclejohan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • Green 18 or Burst
I don't want to make everyone at home feel bad, but the bucks just sent around a special promotion code yesterday that gets you 1/2 off lower bowl seats.  30 bucks for lower bowl behind C's bench (about 20 rows up).  And there are seast to be had! 

Should be a good game...the Bucks are surging and Bogut is playing better than I ever gave him credit for.  Jennings has hit a wall but he'd finding ways around it and taking care of the ball.  Salmons has been huge and Delfino has been a fairly consitent #4 option.  Plus, Luke Ridnour is one of the best back up PGs in the league.  C's 2nd unit might have some trouble (surprise surprise).

Here's to a good game and a C's W.
Green 17 vol. 1-4  available here: https://miraclejohan.bandcamp.com/

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 10:13:15 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I don't want to make everyone at home feel bad, but the bucks just sent around a special promotion code yesterday that gets you 1/2 off lower bowl seats.  30 bucks for lower bowl behind C's bench (about 20 rows up).  And there are seast to be had! 

Should be a good game...the Bucks are surging and Bogut is playing better than I ever gave him credit for.  Jennings has hit a wall but he'd finding ways around it and taking care of the ball.  Salmons has been huge and Delfino has been a fairly consitent #4 option.  Plus, Luke Ridnour is one of the best back up PGs in the league.  C's 2nd unit might have some trouble (surprise surprise).

Wow.  Go see some games Bucks fans, you have a fun team.

This should be a good test for both teams.  Hopefully we see them both attack the game with some focus.  I'd like to see who comes out on top if both sides are playing well.
Yup

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 10:44:12 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen

Wow I though the place was going to be loud before I knew this.

They need to take the crowd out early in this one. There will be no comeback tonight if we fall down early.

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 10:57:56 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I have a feeling that the Celtics will win this one comfortably. I know the Bucks have been playing well....but still...CELTICS HOORAH....CELTICS HOORAH....1-2-3 Ubuntu.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 11:07:19 AM by barefacedmonk »
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 11:07:56 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides

"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi