Author Topic: Drafting a Rebounder  (Read 15466 times)

Re: Drafting a Rebounder
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2010, 09:20:30 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I really think a guy like Larry Sanders would be a great/realistic pick for the Celts. He is a semi-project player in that he doesn't have many offensive moves but he is an elite shot blocker and an above average rebounder. With Garnett and Sheed, he would be in the perfect position to learn from two of the best low post players this decade.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2010, 11:40:30 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
I really think a guy like Larry Sanders would be a great/realistic pick for the Celts. He is a semi-project player in that he doesn't have many offensive moves but he is an elite shot blocker and an above average rebounder. With Garnett and Sheed, he would be in the perfect position to learn from two of the best low post players this decade.
He looked very bad in his game against Old Dominion this weekend and the Old Dominion front court isn't exactly high quality

I know you aren't supposed to make decisions based on one game but honestly, he didn't look like he could handle unathletic guys his size, I would hate to see what he does against guys that are NBA caliber players
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2010, 11:55:21 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Draft Express has a profile up for Kenneth Faried on their front page, if anyone is interested.  Averaging 17pts and 13rebs in 30 minutes, very athletic, young. 
If he can defend the 4 spot, he'd be a great guy to pair with Rondo as a fantastic rebounder and a fast break demon who can finish everything above the rim.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2010, 02:02:35 AM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
He looked very bad in his game against Old Dominion this weekend and the Old Dominion front court isn't exactly high quality

I know you aren't supposed to make decisions based on one game but honestly, he didn't look like he could handle unathletic guys his size, I would hate to see what he does against guys that are NBA caliber players

I know what you mean. I have seen him play a couple of times and he has been inconsistent. But the size and athletisicm are there. He would be a great weak-side shot blocker, which is what we need. I think that with Clifford Ray, Garnett and Sheed, he would be put in the perfect position to succeed.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce