Author Topic: Who i would give almost anything if the C's drafted...(DeMarcus Cousins)  (Read 3935 times)

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
Might be a touch of UK homerism, but I really believe Demarcus Cousins is the next Amare.  His improvement this year has been remarkable, and his skills are even much greater than he's shown.

He's a lock for a top 5 pick if he declares this year, so we have no chance to land him.  But i wish...     :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 12:55:52 PM by IndeedProceed »

Re: Who i would give almost anything if the C's drafted...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 10:15:11 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
But I'm not sure the next Amare is worth giving up "almost anything."  He's a nice player, but he's certainly not proven he can bring a team to the promised land. 

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 10:34:17 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The next Amar'e is perhaps the most dangerous type of "star" player. Good enough to get paid, but with enough attitude and holes in his game to mean he can't be the best player on a title team.

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 10:34:44 AM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I like Cousins, but I like the Whiteside kid a bit more. I don't know if he is as ready as cousins right now, but I think he'll end up better.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 10:52:50 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Rajon Rondo is the only asset that gets Boston high enough in the draft to select a top five pick.

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 11:00:32 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Rajon Rondo is the only asset that gets Boston high enough in the draft to select a top five pick.
And that's a big if on what the team trading would want for the pick. I doubt we'd get a top 3 pick just because teams would rather have a rookie contract scale player.

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 11:35:49 AM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
That high in the draft, I would want Evan Turner
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 12:14:27 PM »

Online hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
evan turner = paul pierce....better passer though

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
it really does not matter....doc would not play him anyway.  ;)
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 01:18:15 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
evan turner = paul pierce....better passer though

YESSIR..turner is the best player in college basketball and would be a great next PP. give me him over anyone

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I was just watching part of the Florida-Kentucky game. First time I've seen Cousins play.

Physically, he looks a lot like Eric Dampier. In terms of quickness, mobility, jumping ability. Overall athleticism. That lack of elite athleticism will likely hold him back some at the next level. Reminds me a bit of Dampier with his rebounding and grittiness too.

Cousins should be a very good player. Skilled and likes to play in the paint. More skilled than Dampier was during his college days. Looks like Cousins could have an Andrew Bogut type career.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 01:40:52 PM by Who »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Who drops into the 20's?

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
He's got some major attitude issues and is not a very good defender.  Amare might be a good comparison because I do think Cousins is somewhat over-rated right now.  He's playing with the best PG in the country and he plays no defense.  He should enter the draft because his stock will only go down after this year in my opinion.  I want Luke Babbitt or Craig Brackins in the draft this year.  Babbitt is very similar to Ryan Anderson, while Brackins is a 4 with a solid mid range game.  Both I think are players that could come in and contribute a little right away.
do it

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
babbitt can play. he originally committed to ohio state but backed out last minute. as an osu fan....i would have loved to see turner and babbitt on the same team