Author Topic: Paranormal Activity - Scariest film of all time?  (Read 28701 times)

Re: Paranormal Activity - Scariest film of all time?
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2010, 08:58:53 AM »

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33
Wasn't a fan of this. I'm not a big horror fan, but I end up watching a ton thanks to my girlfriend.

I pretty much spent the whole movie waiting for something to happen, and even though there were a couple of cool parts, they weren't worth the wait. If you're going to film an entire movie in one location, there's gotta be something to keep it interesting.

However, I did not see the alternate ending.

« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2010, 09:28:23 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Scary movies don't really get too me.

But do you want them to get to you?  Any grown ass man isn't going to be bothered by a scary movie if he doesn't want it to.  It's a freakin' movie.  To get into a horror movie you have to want to be scared.

You often hear people say "That wasn't scary at all," like they are proud of it.  If you are bragging about not being scared of a movie and you are past the age of ten, seek help.*

*This last paragraph isn't directed at you, Toppers, it's more of a people in general thing.
TP could not agree more.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2010, 09:34:50 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
lol i saw this movie it was just stupid. I will admit i'm 19 and some movies still will scare me if I let them. But this movie was just straight crappy..

« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2010, 09:38:30 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Scary movies don't really get too me.

But do you want them to get to you?  Any grown ass man isn't going to be bothered by a scary movie if he doesn't want it to.  It's a freakin' movie.  To get into a horror movie you have to want to be scared.

You often hear people say "That wasn't scary at all," like they are proud of it.  If you are bragging about not being scared of a movie and you are past the age of ten, seek help.*

*This last paragraph isn't directed at you, Toppers, it's more of a people in general thing.
TP could not agree more.

There is a difference between a scary movie and one that isn't scary at all.  You can be scared and realize that it's just a movie...

I've seen Bugs Bunny cartoons scarier.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2010, 05:50:29 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Looks fake to me. Extremely fake.

There is so little in way of special effects in this movie.  What looked fake?

« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2010, 09:36:57 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
The Exorcist
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt