Author Topic: Bobcats (28-30) at Celtics (37-21) 3/3  (Read 39039 times)

Re: Bobcats (28-30) at Celtics (37-21) 3/3
« Reply #225 on: March 03, 2010, 10:37:02 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
As I said early in the thread

Just #2 in a line of upcoming wins that will become a 7 game win streak minimum

Way to go C's, we all knew you had a game like this in you

Now let's make it two in a row like that

Then 3

Then 4

Then 5.........
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #226 on: March 03, 2010, 10:46:13 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
This looked like the Celtics...finally.

First time we had a complete roster all year!  Holy crap!

« Reply #227 on: March 04, 2010, 12:01:23 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I hope this game doesn't disrupt Ray's rhythm. Taking only 2 shots and playing only 18 minutes is not something I like to see. Hopefully the rest will do him good, but knowing he's a rhythm player I will keep an eye on him.

« Reply #228 on: March 04, 2010, 12:26:18 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Didn't get to see this one ... I'll be watching at 2AM re-broadcast on CSNNE, (if I can stay awake, haha).
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #229 on: March 04, 2010, 12:39:27 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Didn't get to see this one ... I'll be watching at 2AM re-broadcast on CSNNE, (if I can stay awake, haha).

Try not to puke at the unit Doc threw in there during the mid 2nd quarter.

« Reply #230 on: March 04, 2010, 10:08:21 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
I didnt watch again. This one I regret not watching but Ill still take the remainder of the week off.

Looks like a truly dominant performance. Go C's!!!!!

« Reply #231 on: March 04, 2010, 10:26:32 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
My only gripe the entire game was that Nate only played 4 minutes in the first half when he was ablaze.

Pierce looked like his old self. This is by far the healthiest this team has been all season. We finally have our full compliment on players (knock on wood).
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #232 on: March 04, 2010, 10:31:02 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
My only gripe the entire game was that Nate only played 4 minutes in the first half when he was ablaze.

Pierce looked like his old self. This is by far the healthiest this team has been all season. We finally have our full compliment on players (knock on wood).

I think of Nate as a turbo button. I think the 2nd half where we have been dreadful, disinterested and downright sleepy during the past rough patch, is the perfect place to play Nate the majority of his minutes. You also have to tip your cap to a guy that can wait on the bench that long and still come in and produce. That is an underrrated skill and not many guys can do it.

(I didnt see last nights game but I am actually fine with the concept)

« Reply #233 on: March 04, 2010, 11:48:46 AM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Well, I wanted to say it before the game but I had problems with my internet connection... believe it or not I'd have said that, after reading PP's comments before the game, I was very confident this team can play bball and that they're not done yet if they stay healthy... I'm pretty sure about that and it has nothing to do with last night's game!

Yes, these players are a little old... yes, these players may be not as hungry as they were 2 years ago... yes, Doc has made a lot of mistakes through the season... yes , there are teams now which are much better than us realistically..

but NO, we're not going to face a 1st round exit if we stay healthy! no, we won't be laughed at by the elite teams of the league(cuz that's what was happening the last few weeks)! no, we won't live another "Nets debacle"! No, we're not done yet, these players and especially the Big 3 haven't forgotten how to play bball...!! no, this season ain't over...

And yes, I'll be there for the final standing ovation, paying honor to the players who gave me the chance to celebrate banner No17, while players like Malone, Stockton, Barkley, etc. never got their own ring... and never will! 30 years from now the story of the 2007-2008 NBA champions will still be a story to remember, no matter what!

I'm usually pessimistic about everything... I can't help it!! However,I think it's time for an exception! I have no clue what is gonna happen next, but last night I watched the vintage Celtics and, quite surprisingly, I already had a feeling that I was gonna watch these vintage Celtics... and I still have it... we'll see...
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #234 on: March 04, 2010, 11:53:39 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Just (and finally!!) saw the game. Not much to say except that it's really great to be able to say that the C's are back!!

I know it's just one game but I was expecting this dominant home game for months now and it finally happened, and on back to back against a tough defensive team.

Every player had a great game, and it was a real pleasure to see Pierce back to his dominant self... he was unstoppable tonight, and it made a big difference when we needed to maintain or extend leads.

I was frustrated with the collapse of the 2nd unit in the 2nd quarter and thought "here we go again" but the starters came back and re-extended the lead to blow the Cats in the second half.

Nate is really pure energy like KG said, the guy couldn't miss from three once again! :o A real and much needed spark. Ray did an excellent job defensively on Jackson.

Great game overall, let's hope it's a sign of things to come, but the energy and hustle were here all night long so that's a good sign.