Author Topic: Celtics (36-21) at Pistons (21-38) 3/2  (Read 51070 times)

Re: Celtics (36-21) at Pistons (21-38) 3/2
« Reply #240 on: March 02, 2010, 10:35:22 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
Wow, some of the posters that consider telling the rest of us about all the not so positive things happening in the game were missing tonight

The thread was much shorter and I was actually able to read through it without wanting to throw something at the computer screen

Amazing difference in the tone of the thread

Go Celtics!!!! One in a row!!!!
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #241 on: March 02, 2010, 10:44:03 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
REALLY happy about a few things:

Nate Robinson getting minutes and Forcing Doc to keep him in---Shoulda played at least 5 more minutes in this game.

Rondo hitting CLUTCH free throws

The Defense from the bench in the 4th quarter---NICE to see.

On another hote: Hope the C's sign Michael Finley...We could really use Finley to get Ray Allen more rest.

« Reply #242 on: March 02, 2010, 10:56:00 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I'm a little rusty on the whole concept but I seem to recall that winning = good.

« Reply #243 on: March 02, 2010, 11:15:49 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I'm a little rusty on the whole concept but I seem to recall that winning = good.

Thank God there are folks like Rebus to keep this clear and simple ... TP, Bud. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #244 on: March 02, 2010, 11:18:56 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Was not able to follow game thread, but still pleased with results. And no starter played over 34 min..and yes Nate is Great!

Good to see the Captain back, even if he was apparently rusty.

I'll take it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 11:28:05 PM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #245 on: March 03, 2010, 01:10:37 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I like Jonas Jerebko's game.

Jerebko is a very good utility player. Capable of plugging holes. Need him to be a center, no problem. Need him to be a power forward, done. Need him to be a small forward, done. Need him to be a shooting guard, just about yeah. I love his versatility ... his ability to provide cover for several different positions.

I think he'll make his living in the league as an athletic mobile defensive minded power forward. Similar to what Lamar Odom brings on the defensive end of the floor for the Lakers with less shot blocking. Jerebko is more capable of switching defensively and stepping out and defending opposing twos and threes when needed. A nice glue guy defensively. Someone who shores up your team defense and plays solid man-to-man D.

The big thing for Jerebko will be his rebounding + his jump shot. His jump shot has been poor and needs a lot of work. I expected Jerebko to be a very good rebounding SF but a below par rebounder for a big man ... but so far he's rebounding the ball well since moving to PF. If he can keep that up that'll go a long way to making him a starting caliber player.

More of an 8th or 9th man ideally at this point in his career but if he continues to rebound at a high level + develop a solid jump shot he will be more than capable of being a steady starter.

Thanks for your thoughts, Who. TP.

« Reply #246 on: March 03, 2010, 06:16:57 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Just saw the game... typical Celtics game, which means, very good plays followed by dumb possessions, which leads to a frustrating game but we prevailed so it's all good.

It was great to see Nate catch on fire, he did a good Eddie impersonation! He was hot! :o

I would like to see him drive to the basket more but I guess it will come with time.

KG had a good game but he didn't take enough shots in my opinion. Rondo hit the clutch free throws, hopefully a sign of things to come! Ray was big for us in the 2nd half too with his stroke. Pierce had a really bad game, he made some buckets in the first half and that's it, he got burned by Daye and Jerebko the entire game... let's hope he was just out of rythm.

Sheed was OK because he made some threes but I was screaming with anger when I saw him taking 3's at the end of the game when we were up by 5 only.

Finally, Glen Davis was a blackhole (even more than usual...), and he got some success at the end but he was really painful to watch. Shelden did the most of his minutes, really great on the boards and OK offensively and defensively, it makes you wonder why Doc has him in his doghouse... I hope he will get more PT, especially when Baby is not making any pass. TA was decent (too many boneheaded plays but he got some keys plays too). Quisy was once again too shy in my opinion, although he did well defensively.

Ugly win but I will take it, let's hope we start finding our groove back and improve our game tonight at home (another home loss would be too much) against the Bobcats.

PS : Doc's subsitutions patterns are really disastrous and we had yet another proof of it in this game. The french broadcaster, who makes great analysis about basketball and who speaks his mind, repeatedly said that the Celtics' struggles started everytime Doc substituted the entire bench for the startes or the starters for the 2nd unit. It's amazing that Doc hasn't learned yet that this is the biggest problem of this team...

« Reply #247 on: March 03, 2010, 07:35:17 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
didnt get to watch but it sounds like the bench played great. we need to use march to get it right and move forward

« Reply #248 on: March 03, 2010, 08:19:24 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
PS : Doc's subsitutions patterns are really disastrous and we had yet another proof of it in this game. The french broadcaster, who makes great analysis about basketball and who speaks his mind, repeatedly said that the Celtics' struggles started everytime Doc substituted the entire bench for the startes or the starters for the 2nd unit. It's amazing that Doc hasn't learned yet that this is the biggest problem of this team...
What was disastrous in the last two month was trying to keep 1 starter (Pierce or Allen) with the subs, since they tried to do it all, typically with abysmal results. Given that both the starters and the bench were a combined +11 yesterday, Doc must have been doing something right.

But hey, who am I to argue wit ha random french broadcaster.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #249 on: March 03, 2010, 08:25:21 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
quick thoughts on game:
Pierce isn't ready to come back
Davis is as much help and hurt out there
shelden williams! why isn't he getting some minutes out there?
glad to see nate finally
kg at 70% only, that leg is not healthy, i think he could have a slight tear by the way he runs/moves

« Reply #250 on: March 03, 2010, 08:29:12 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
quick thoughts on game:
Pierce isn't ready to come back
Davis is as much help and hurt out there
shelden williams! why isn't he getting some minutes out there?
glad to see nate finally
kg at 70% only, that leg is not healthy, i think he could have a slight tear by the way he runs/moves

Jeeez. We did win right? As I said at the beginning of the thread I did not watch this game. I wont watch tonight either. Of course I checked the score this morning but not watching was quite liberating. Im cleansing the bad Celtics juju out of my system. All I know is that they won and I heard on the radio this morning that Nate went crazy for a spurt which brings a smile to my face. I know nothing of anything else and my day is already better for it.

« Reply #251 on: March 03, 2010, 10:57:48 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
What was disastrous in the last two month was trying to keep 1 starter (Pierce or Allen) with the subs, since they tried to do it all, typically with abysmal results. Given that both the starters and the bench were a combined +11 yesterday, Doc must have been doing something right.

But hey, who am I to argue wit ha random french broadcaster.

Actually the C's would be much better if Doc kept Pierce or Allen with the 2nd unit... if Pierce or Allen played with them after getting some good minutes of rest and not by staying on the court for more than 12 consecutive minutes.

Or maybe Doc should put the entire 2nd unit on the floor and then reinsert the starters one by one at different times, gradually... instead of doing "wholesale" subsitutions that destroy any kind of rythm the unit on the floor had got by playing together because the unit that comes on the floor next is totally cold.