Author Topic: Bobcats (28-30) at Celtics (37-21) 3/3  (Read 39235 times)

Bobcats (28-30) at Celtics (37-21) 3/3
« on: March 03, 2010, 01:35:39 PM »

Online FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11844
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
  at   
Charlotte Bobcats (28-30) at Boston Celtics (37-21) 
Wednesday, March 3
7:30 PM ET
Game #59,  Home Game #28
TV CSN HD, FSCR, LP 752, 753
TD Garden

[/img]

Coach: Doc Rivers
Average Age: 27.8
Average Height: 6-6
Average Weight: 224

Probable Starters

PG:  Rajon Rondo   
SG:  Ray Allen   
SF:   Paul Pierce   
PF:   Kevin Garnett 
C:    Kendrick Perkins   

Reserves
Rasheed Wallace
Marquis Daniels
Nate Robinson
Shelden Williams
Marcus Landry
Brian Scalabrine
Glen Davis 
Tony Allen

Injuries
Kendrick Perkins (flu) questionable

Coach: Larry Brown
Average Age: 26.2
Average Height: 6-7
Average Weight: 223

Probable Starters

PG: Raymond Felton   
SG:  Stephen Jackson   
SF:   Gerald Wallace   
PF:   Boris Diaw   
C:   Theo Ratliff   

Reserves
Gerald Henderson
Derrick Brown
DJ Augustin
Stephen Graham
Tyrus Thomas   

Injuries
Alexis Ajinca (thumb)  out
DeSagana Diop (MCL)  out
Tyson Chandler (ankle) day to day
Nazr Mohammed (back) day to day

Key Matchups
  vs 
Rajon Rondo vs Raymond Felton
 Rondo should be able to beat Felton off the dribble and if he is aggressive should be able to either get a shot inside or kick out to the open man.  Rondo's level of aggressiveness in setting the pace for the Celtics will be key to this game. 

vs 
Paul Pierce vs Gerald Wallace
Gerald Wallace always plays well against the Celtics.  Pierce will be playing in just his second game back from the thumb injury and his defense is going to be needed in this game every bit as much as his offense as Wallace can be a handful. 

vs 
Ray Allen vs Stephen Jackson
Stephen Jackson has been a good addition for the Bobcats and he has been playing well for them.   Ray Allen will have his hands full in this game trying to guard Jackson and also trying to get his shot off against him. 

TEAM CONNECTIONS:
Nazr Mohammed and Rajon Rondo are former Kentucky Wildcats
DeSagana Diop, Stephen Jackson and Rajon Rondo attended Oak Hill
Academy
Raymond Felton and Rasheed Wallace are former North Carolina Tar Heels
Gerald Henderson and Shelden Williams are former Duke Blue
Devils
DeSagana Diop and Marquis Daniels were teammates in Dallas during the 2005-06 season
Stephen Jackson and Marquis Daniels were teammates in Indiana during the 2006-07 season
Tyrus Thomas and Glen Davis were teammates at Louisiana State
Theo Ratliff played for the Celtics during the 2006-07 season
Theo Ratliff and Rasheed Wallace were teammates in Detroit during the 2007-08 season

Game Notes
 Celtics won the season series 2-1 against Charlotte in 2008-09; The Celtics are 1-0 against the Bobcats during the 2009-10 season
 Paul Pierce led the Celtics with 26.3 points per game last season
 Gerald Wallace averaged 22.0 points per game against the Celtics during the 08-09 campaign
 The Celtics have never lost a season series against the Bobcats
 The Celtics are leading the all-time series 14-5 with the Celtics 8-2 at home

The Bobcats are one of those young and athletic teams that always seem to give the Celtics problems. This is the 3rd and final meeting between these two teams.   In their first meeting this season, the Celtics home opener,  the Celtics beat the Bobcats 92-59.  But, that was when the Celtics weren't bored and were playing wire to wire defense. We haven't seen that type of effort from this team in a long time.   In their second game, the Celtics won in Charlotte 108-92. 

The Celtics are 5-5 in their last 10 and are coming off a win in Detroit.  They have struggled at home, though where they are just 16-11.  The Bobcats are 4-6 in their last 10 and are 8-22 on the road. 

The Celtics are in the 4th spot in the East, 1/2 game behind the Hawks, which isn't a good spot to be in.  They need to at least move up to 3rd and preferably 2nd.  But to do that they need to start playing better, especially at home.  Charlotte on the other hand is 1/2 game out of the 8th spot in the East and are trying to pick up wins to move into that 8th spot. 

Perk missed the Detroit game with the flu and is questionable for this one but Doc said that he expects him to play in this one. The Celtics are playing in the second of back to back games and fatigue could be a problem, especially against a running team like the Bobcats. 

Keys to the Game
1.  Defense, defense, defense
2.  Start strong and play 48 minutes
3.  Run the Offense - Make the extra pass and don't settle for quick shots
4.  Rebound - Limit Bobcat 2nd chances and fast breaks
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 01:42:26 PM by FLCeltsFan »

Re: Bobcats (28-30) at Celtics (37-21) 3/3
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 01:45:03 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Let's make it 2 in a row.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 01:47:59 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
It will probably be tough and ugly on a back to back.

On the other hand, the biggest question in this game is this one : who will win, knowing that the Bobcats suck on the road (8-22) and that we are terrible at home (16-11)?

I hope the Celtics will prevail and finally start playing good to great at home and taking advantage of their crowd's energy but I've been hoping for that change for months now.

TP FL and let's go C's!

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 01:58:12 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Tickets are going for under 10 bucks on stub hub right now. Here's hoping the Garden is packed tonight with real fans since a seat is actually affordable. I predict a lound building tonight. I hope they take advantage.

I know Nate gets pumped by the crowd. I want to see KG cursing feverishly at the first couple of rows tonight. Well, Im still not watching but I want to read about it tomrrow on CB!

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 02:30:52 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Tickets are going for under 10 bucks on stub hub right now. Here's hoping the Garden is packed tonight with real fans since a seat is actually affordable. I predict a lound building tonight. I hope they take advantage.

I know Nate gets pumped by the crowd. I want to see KG cursing feverishly at the first couple of rows tonight. Well, Im still not watching but I want to read about it tomrrow on CB!

Doesn't seem like KG is doing all that much cursing this year, really. Outside of the occasional N and F bombs, not much. Clearly, in order to get that championship drive back we need KG to be screaming obscenities full force, for at least 35 minutes a game.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 02:32:15 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I'm worried about this game. At least Charlotte is without Tyson Chandler and Nazr Mohammed. That gives the Celtics a better chance of winning this one.

I think the Bobcats two main wings, Stephen Jackson + Gerald Wallace, will outplay Pierce and Ray by a large margin (since Pierce looked so bad last night). I also think the Bobcats ability in transition will cause the Celtics a lot of problems. And that their defensive ability will cause the C's misfiring offense trouble.

I do not feel good about this game.

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 02:33:02 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
It would be fantastic if Boston could get a win tonight. They need to trot out a couple of consecutive wins to get their swagger back. To get their confidence rolling again.

They need a win streak.

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 02:54:17 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
We need to get our mojo back at home.  Paul was trash on defense last night and tonight will be a major challenge because Wallace, et al always cause him problems.

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 03:02:51 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen

Doesn't seem like KG is doing all that much cursing this year, really. Outside of the occasional N and F bombs, not much. Clearly, in order to get that championship drive back we need KG to be screaming obscenities full force, for at least 35 minutes a game.

You havent seen the latest data published by Hollinger?

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 03:39:34 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
TP once again.

GO CELTICS!

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 04:32:18 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I got goosebumps watching the Celtics opening night intro....I felt really proud....sensed something special was going to happen this season. Sadly, its been the opposite so far...I hope the tide turns in our favour starting tonight. CELTICS HOORAH...CELTICS HOORAH...1 2 3 Ubuntu.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 04:35:00 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
I got goosebumps watching the Celtics opening night intro....I felt really proud....sensed something special was going to happen this season. Sadly, its been the opposite so far...I hope the tide turns in our favour starting tonight. CELTICS HOORAH...CELTICS HOORAH...1 2 3 Ubuntu.

That post deserves a TP. I dont know why but it made me feel good. So...you get a TP.

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 04:39:00 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides

That post deserves a TP. I dont know why but it made me feel good. So...you get a TP.

"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 04:49:45 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
This game is completely critical because since they beat the Cavs, and we beat them it means we're the best team in the league!!!!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 05:01:58 PM by BudweiserCeltic »

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 05:04:34 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
CELTICS HOORAH!!!