Author Topic: Bill Walkers 21 pt game vs Cavs( Video) Update: Walker scores 22 vs Det  (Read 20445 times)

Re: Highlights of Bill Walkers 21 pt game ( Video)
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2010, 10:59:53 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I have a problem with a highlight video of a guy in a game where he got blown out.   ::)
To quote a reaction after his last game.

Tonight he did it again only winning the game this time.

9/13 and 22 points.

Nice to know that he picked his change when given.

bill walker== ricky davis

and beleive thats a fair good intended comparisson
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2010, 11:00:06 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Allan Ray scored 22 twice for during the 2006-07 season...and he's available!
;D

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 11:11:43 PM »

Offline paco

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 1

Unfortunately for celtic fans,coach Doc Rivers is terrible at developing talent or recognizing talent. If you remember the development of Jefferson and Gomes came about because of injuries and they were forced to play.
   It looks like Doc messed up again with Bill Walker . Doc is a great human being but he can't coach or develop young players.It's fundamental that if you don't play then you development is hindered greatly and Doc refuses to play the young kids .

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2010, 11:14:09 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Unfortunately for celtic fans,coach Doc Rivers is terrible at developing talent or recognizing talent. If you remember the development of Jefferson and Gomes came about because of injuries and they were forced to play.
   It looks like Doc messed up again with Bill Walker . Doc is a great human being but he can't coach or develop young players.It's fundamental that if you don't play then you development is hindered greatly and Doc refuses to play the young kids .

true paco
and in a verts team is even more difficult
almost imposible

I blame him for a lot of things not for this one strangley

no way you put walker with
daniels and pierce and tonyu and ray in front
i mean tony canut easlily score 22 in ny
i mean i am sure we all get that

Doc cannot develope young talent thats a fact
but this is a vets team
and theres no space for bill here
sadly

sadly
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I really wish Doc gave him a chance to play when PP was suffering with injuries and Ray was playing 40 mins a game for the past 2 months. If nothing else it would have given the C's a trade chip. I love what Nate is doing, but really wish we could have kept Walker in that trade , oh well.

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2010, 11:19:03 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Doc has bigger goals than developing young players. Celtics are trying to win championships before clock runs-out of big3. Billy is history now. Good luck in NY.

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2010, 11:28:42 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
I have a problem with a highlight video of a guy in a game where he got blown out.   ::)

9/13 and 22 points.

I guarantee he will be a better player then Ricky Davis. You can compare them physically, but Bill Walker is more intelligent person with a better basketball IQ. I really think he will be Joe Johnson part II for the Celtics. The one that got away, again...
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Wow lets hope he isn't another Joe Johnson... Doubt he will though.

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2010, 12:41:11 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

9/13 and 22 points.

I guarantee he will be a better player then Ricky Davis. You can compare them physically, but Bill Walker is more intelligent person with a better basketball IQ. I really think he will be Joe Johnson part II for the Celtics. The one that got away, again...

I think saying that Walker is  = to Ricky Davis is being pretty generous. Unless you are comparing him to Ricky Davis right now. I guess he can dunk well and has scored pretty well on a crap team like davis but he still has only done that for 2 games. Ricky Davis in his prime was a pretty decent player. I don't really know how you can say that he is more intelligent with a better BBall IQ than Davis unless you have coached him or something.

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I'm very happy for Walker.

I find the people saying that this is another case of Doc not developing young talent as quite odd. Who was the previous case?

Further, if Doc didn't develop him, who did? Did D'Antoni develop him in a single week? Doc didn't give him minutes because he preferred the guys he played over Walker. That doesn't mean that Doc didn't develop the guy. He can get more minutes with D'Antoni because the style fits better.

Still, you have to wonder about some of Ray's 40 min games.

Offline GranTur

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 68
  • Anti-NBA Hipster
Walker never showed anything but an ability to dunk whenever he was on the floor with us. Whether it was nerves or not, this team is designed to win a championship now and our depth at the SG and SF is fine.

Ray/Tony
PP/Quis

No room for Billy Walker. What did we need? A back-up PG. We got Nate Ronbinson.

Sounds delicious to me.
"It's not how you play the game. It's whether you win or lose--that's my motto." -Larry Bird

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Walker could always play offense.  He just can't play defense, and he gets a lot of personal fouls.

That hasn't changed now that he's on the Knicks; he's just on a team that doesn't care that he can't play defense.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

How did you know he won't, Did we all know JJ would be this good when we traded him way back in his rookie season?. we were gearing up for the playoffs then and there was no room for JJ hence the 4 month rental of Rodney Rogers.

We are gearing up for the playoffs now, so waht did DA do?, He shipped Bill and got us Nate but personally we should have gotten Nate for House alone, no need to include Walker.

The problem of this being a vet team is pretty obvious and Walker just won't get any PT period, but to say BW won't develop into something special is in denial. We should have been patient on the kid, all he needs is confidence and look at what he has done.He is free in D'Antoni's system and he is serving notice that he's got game...and please lets not say its just against the Pistons coz our team just struggled against that team including our all star PP.

Only time will tell if Bill will be another Joe J., we should have developed Walker the way we developed Reggie Lewis..it just takes a lot of patience (and Reggie is even older than Walker now when we acquired him as a rookie.)  :(

Offline OriginalODb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 31
I'm happy for Walker, its nice to see him get some run but if he continues this way there is no way the Celts or the Knicks (assuming they actually sign some talent) will get him at the minimum. Here's hoping he ends up in Phoenix (basically so i can draft him in the late rounds of fantasy BB next year and watch him blow up)

Offline DrGlen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8

The only chance Bill Walker has of becoming Joe Johnson is if he finds himself a team that also has 2 of the most athletic shot blockers daring ANYONE to blow past him.

Walker could always play offense.  He just can't play defense, and he gets a lot of personal fouls.

That hasn't changed now that he's on the Knicks; he's just on a team that doesn't care that he can't play defense.

Agreed.
I wonder how he would do as a 76er next to Iguodala, Dalembert, and a top-flight defensive PF.