Author Topic: Bill Walkers 21 pt game vs Cavs( Video) Update: Walker scores 22 vs Det  (Read 20469 times)

Re: Highlights of Bill Walkers 21 pt game ( Video)
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 01:28:11 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
I think Bill Walker could be a decent NBA player.  However, it was not going to happen this year, on this team.  He is still a bit too spastic for a team like the C's. 

It was tough to see him go, but if that was what NY wanted in return for Robinson (the fact that he almost immediately was in the rotation tells me he was more than just a throw-in), then it was worth it for a team trying to win right now.

Yup exactly. TP.

Actually Bill was perfect for the Knicks. Good enough to put him out there and compete, but young and inexperienced enough so they dont win and lose lottery balls.

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 01:32:41 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I have a problem with a highlight video of a guy in a game where he got blown out.   ::)

I understand, but it still shows that he has ability.

both really good points --- i wonder though how much a game or 2 like this (especially against, say, MIN or NYK) would have helped a guy like Walker or Hudson.

You make up an injury for Paul or Ray, give them some added rest, and tell Walker "OK this is your shot... you're getting 30 mins sink or swim..."

You don't do it every game, just once or twice along the way during the season against a really weak team. I think it helps the other guys trust a kid like Walker, and gives Walker more confidence.

30 mins when the game is on the line is very different than (a) 2 min stretches when the coach yanks you after a mistake or (b) even 10 mins of garbage time when guys are trying to just not get hurt.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 01:33:40 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Yeah, he did some impressive things in that video.

I think the Knicks will pick up the team option on both Giddens and Walker. It's cheap money and their going to need to fill out their roster somehow.

The Celtics didn't pick up Giddens' 3rd year option, so NYK can't go back and pick it up... it's gone.

Walker, yes they will 100% pick up his option since he's a vet min. guy (based on the 4 year deal we signed him to originally) who will already understands the system.

I think Walker can probably be a good 7th man on a good team (or borderline starter on a terrible team) -- time will tell if he's able to make the shift to role player in the NBA.

I wish him and Giddens the best.

I know the Celtics declined to pick up the team option but I'm not sure what happens once a trade takes place. I see his team option listed on Hoopshype.com (not to say hoopshype is all that reliable).

Link or Hobbs on this one?
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 01:34:51 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
I think Bill Walker could be a decent NBA player.  However, it was not going to happen this year, on this team.  He is still a bit too spastic for a team like the C's. 

It was tough to see him go, but if that was what NY wanted in return for Robinson (the fact that he almost immediately was in the rotation tells me he was more than just a throw-in), then it was worth it for a team trying to win right now.

Yup exactly. TP.

Actually Bill was perfect for the Knicks. Good enough to put him out there and compete, but young and inexperienced enough so they dont win and lose lottery balls.

Ha, if only.... the Knicks have traded their pick this year (UTA), in 2011 (HOU has option to switch) and 2012 (to HOU).

it's free agents or bust in NY.

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 01:40:01 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

I think the Knicks will pick up the team option on both Giddens and Walker. It's cheap money and their going to need to fill out their roster somehow.

The Celtics didn't pick up Giddens' 3rd year option, so NYK can't go back and pick it up... it's gone.

Walker, yes they will 100% pick up his option since he's a vet min. guy (based on the 4 year deal we signed him to originally) who will already understands the system.

I think Walker can probably be a good 7th man on a good team (or borderline starter on a terrible team) -- time will tell if he's able to make the shift to role player in the NBA.

I know the Celtics declined to pick up the team option but I'm not sure what happens once a trade takes place. I see his team option listed on Hoopshype.com (not to say hoopshype is all that reliable).

Once the option is gone, it's gone. it doesn't come back to life once he's traded.

Giddens is a FA just like House. They can resign him for 120% of what he's making this year which for Giddens would be roughly what his 3rd year would have been... but the key difference is they very well may have to renounce his rights (i.e. the cap hold) to get to where they can offer 2 max contracts.

They probably would have loved to have him on a small rookie deal, like Walker.

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010, 01:42:37 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156

Once the option is gone, it's gone. it doesn't come back to life once he's traded.

Giddens is a FA just like House. They can resign him for 120% of what he's making this year which for Giddens would be roughly what his 3rd year would have been... but the key difference is they very well may have to renounce his rights (i.e. the cap hold) to get to where they can offer 2 max contracts.

They probably would have loved to have him on a small rookie deal, like Walker.

Yeah, based on Shamsports that's correct. Hoopshype salary section is borderline useless.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2010, 02:08:51 PM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
I am happy for Bill. He showed me confidence offensively in that video that was MIA in a Celtics uniform. With his athleticism and skill, he could be a player in this league for a long time.

I also don't think he's anything extravagant, but a nice player nonetheless.

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 02:50:24 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Why would Walker come back here, when Doc clearly did not think he was worthy of any minutes on a team that has been playing under .500 since the first two month of the season? If I were Walker, Boston is the last team I would want to sign with. We had our chance.

We had our chance?  O god.  If Tony Allen was on the Knicks he would probably be scoring 20 a game too. 

I see what you're saying about him not wanting to come back here (if he had a choice).

But seriously.....  we had our chance?

But Walker's younger than Tony Allen was when he was drafted 6 years ago.  Walker looked so relaxed in all those possessions last night: he didn't have that frenetic look that TA still has.

I'm sorry we lost him and happy for him.  Looks like he can play in the bright lights of NY too.

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2010, 02:57:39 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

Yup exactly. TP.

Ha, if only.... the Knicks have traded their pick this year (UTA), in 2011 (HOU has option to switch) and 2012 (to HOU).

it's free agents or bust in NY.

My God you are right. Still they are putting a team on the floor with just enough talent to sell some tickets. That's why TMac wasnt bought out.

My goodness. You have to give it to Donnie Walsh for clearing out all that dead space. The reason they dont have a draft pick this year stems all the way back to the Stephon Marbury trade to Phoenix in 2004. Isiah Thomas left them no choice but to go the free agent or bust route.

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2010, 03:08:00 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
Well first off he traveled on that jam. ;D I don't know. He looks good in a highlight video but it's kind of like watching a movie trailer. You can find 30 second of good film in almost any movie. I like the kid and wouldn't have minded the Celtics keeping him, but Doc wasn't going to play him anyway, so what's the differance. At least now he has a chance to show if he has game or not.
The sad part is Robinson probably won't make a differance on this team at this point.

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2010, 03:30:14 PM »

Offline DrGlen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
I have a problem with a highlight video of a guy in a game where he got blown out.   ::)

I understand, but it still shows that he has ability.

The only ability Celtics brass wanted to see Walker improve was his lateral quickness. And learn his defensive rotations. Walker even admitted this over the summer.

Walker, at his HS weight, would be an interesting young player to watch. Not holding my breath on this one though.

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2010, 03:30:42 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
I prefer Finley over both. Yes, Finley is old, but we need him to just do a few things, which is hitting three-pointers and having a high basketball IQ.

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2010, 03:43:53 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Banks scores 15!

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2010, 03:53:08 PM »

Offline skip to my who?

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
Allan Ray scored 22 twice for during the 2006-07 season...and he's available!

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010, 10:32:18 PM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Celtic Pride
To quote a reaction after his last game.

Tonight he did it again only winning the game this time.

9/13 and 22 points.

Nice to know that he picked his change when given.
Dutch Celtics Pride