Author Topic: WEEI Wednesdays!  (Read 3995 times)

WEEI Wednesdays!
« on: February 17, 2010, 05:42:40 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
We (Myself, BudweiserCeltic, & Bankshot) have decided that we have had such a good time making fun of WEEI callers today that we will make it a weekly thread. If it becomes daily, that's fine, if it becomes monthly, that's fine too. We are just going to see how it works out.

http://player.streamtheworld.com/_players/entercom/player/?id=WEEI

I  believe that link^ will work to listen live to WEEI on the computer.

Perhaps the "Ainge on WEEI at 4pm today" thread could be merged with this one considering that thread basically was week one of "WEEI Wednesdays!"

Enjoy!

Re: WEEI Wednesdays!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 05:44:38 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
while it is funny to laugh at the eei yahoos.....sadly they sound like a lot of posters on cb imo.....at least lately

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 05:47:56 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
while it is funny to laugh at the eei yahoos.....sadly they sound like a lot of posters on cb imo.....at least lately

Amen.  Put some of the threads here over a phone line and that is exactly how they would sound.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 05:51:50 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Danny's on tomorrow! WEEI Thursdays!
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 05:53:29 PM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free
And people wonder why there isn't much celtics talk on sports radio and then take that as a sign that the Celts aren't as big as the other teams here.  Obviously, no on on EEI can talk basketball (except Holley) and their hosts tend to annoy most celtics fans.  I, for one, do not listen for that very reason.

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 08:39:02 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

Amen.  Put some of the threads here over a phone line and that is exactly how they would sound.

lol, very true

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 09:02:14 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
Your first problem is listening to WEEI in the first place... convert dudes...

Weei callers are the worst. The station is the worst too... It is just a giant Red Sox propaganda machine.

John from 'Meffa' is the worst. He calls into 98.5 and they give him 2 seconds and hang up.

My biggest pet peeve caller is Paul from Dedham. He thinks he is so tough and cool and all his points are retarded. He calls in 9 times a day to both stations. Get a life!

Dakota is a Rod.

I text ALL THE TIME and get them read on Toucher and Rich and Felger/Maz.

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 09:05:38 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think we have a higher percentage of intelligent conversation over here.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 09:07:44 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
Your first problem is listening to WEEI in the first place... convert dudes...

Weei callers are the worst. The station is the worst too... It is just a giant Red Sox propaganda machine.

John from 'Meffa' is the worst. He calls into 98.5 and they give him 2 seconds and hang up.

My biggest pet peeve caller is Paul from Dedham. He thinks he is so tough and cool and all his points are retarded. He calls in 9 times a day to both stations. Get a life!

Dakota is a Rod.

I text ALL THE TIME and get them read on Toucher and Rich and Felger/Maz.

i agree...i converted when 98.5 first came on the air

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 09:08:12 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I'm going to call in and tell them you're making fun of them.

I don't think the knowledgeable, credible folks from WEEI will appreciate the slander sure to be taking place.

Wait, the Celtics have a blog?

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 09:08:27 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
I think we have a higher percentage of intelligent conversation over here.

not as of late  :-\

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 09:16:39 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
Regarding EEI you would think that at least one on air guy other than Ordway would bother to learn about the salary cap so they can have something approaching intelligent discussion about roster moves.  It floors me that this doesn't happen or that management doesn't force at least a couple of these idiots to do some homework.  Deals get made more for cap purposes than anything else and if you don't bother to understand that, you can't really talk about anything in the NBA - beyond what happened in last night's game - with any degree of intelligence.

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 09:22:01 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
Dale Arnold is a perfect example of everything that is wrong with the WEEI hype machine. He will NEVER say anything bad about a Red Sox player/coach/manager unless it is Dice-K bc Terry and Dice-K had a riff, and Dale is a Terry ballwasher.

Dale kept talking about "David Ortiz came into camp in the best shape of his life" all camp last year, and the other day I heard him say "Ortiz came in out of shape last year"... He is a puppet for the Sox, even though they fired him from play by play.

Pathetic.

Sorry to vent.... bored at work (as usual)