Author Topic: Evan Turner: Which Lottery Bound team would be the best fit for him?  (Read 7181 times)

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I haven't watched too much of college basketball yet.  It usually takes me until about conference tournament time to really get into it.  I'm just not huge on the regular season plus there are a lot of distractions earlier on (NFL, NBA, Olympics this year).

The talk of this year has really been freshman sensation John Wall and rightfully so, he'll probably end up being the #1 pick in the draft if he comes out (he should).

There's another talent out there who's been catching my eye; Evan Turner out of Ohio State.  Pretty versatile player who puts up numbers across the board.  Not including today's game, he's averaging 19.2 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 5.7 apg while shooting around 55%.  Pretty incredible numbers.  He's only a junior but should be a top 3 pick if he comes out.

Which lottery bound team would be the best fit for him or which lottery team would you love to see land him?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Re: Evan Turner: Which Lottery Bound team would be the best fit for him?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 03:17:28 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I like the idea of Evan Turner and Danny Granger playing alongside one another.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 03:21:48 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I'd love to see Minnesota land him. They are desperate for a legitimate swingman.

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 03:23:57 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i am an OSU alum who lives in Columbus. Turner is a sensational kid. Great kid off the court. he works very hard and will be a nice player at the next level. i would love for him to come back next season but most here feel he is gone...whatever team gets him, they will be very happy....i personally think he is better than wall because he can do it all...pass, dribble, shoot, defend, post, drive to the basket, rebound...you name it...turner can do it

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 03:27:03 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'd love to see Minnesota land him. They are desperate for a legitimate swingman.

Seeing him on Minnesota would be pretty interesting.  What would it be?

Flynn
Brewer
Turner
Jefferson
Love

Or something like that?  Pretty good core.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 03:50:18 PM »

Online NextCeltic34

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Golden State, New Jersey, or Minnesota. It would be really fun to see him on Golden State though.

Monta Ellis
Stephon Curry
Evan Turner
Anthony Randolph
Andris Biedrins

If they could trade Ellis and Maggette for more of a low post presence, and just have Curry and Morrow as the backcourt, that team would look really good.

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 11:53:27 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I agree the Timberwolves would work best.  The Nets would love to get him as well, too.

I really want to see John Wall go to the Pacers.  He and Granger would make an awesome combo.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 12:24:17 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Turner would be a very nice addition in LA too alongside Baron, Gordon, Griffin and Kaman. The final piece of the starting lineup.

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 11:30:02 AM »

Offline Celtic#9

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 15
does anyone else think that Wall is a little overated i watched them and i was super impressed by Cousins. I know John wall will go first and will probably do better in the NBA but i think he is a little overated

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 11:45:17 AM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 24
does anyone else think that Wall is a little overated i watched them and i was super impressed by Cousins. I know John wall will go first and will probably do better in the NBA but i think he is a little overated

Wall has that star presence - in the Louisville game it was latent - where he will only take over when he has to ... can tell he is a good teammate.  He is flawed but he makes a couple of omg plays a game. 

Cousins might go #2 - he is a high risk pick though, because of his reputation as a knucklehead.  Derrick Coleman risk is there ... but the kid is averaging 30 and 20 per 40 minutes, that is sick.

Evan Turner's numbers speak for themselves.  I think he could fit any team - but John Wall is an otherworldly prospect - best since Chris Paul.  Evan Turner is a quirkier fit positionally - but he will be a good player.

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 01:00:13 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Minnesota, Washington or the Clips

Turner is the second coming of Paul Pierce

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 05:48:32 PM »

Offline Meds

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Minnesota, Washington or the Clips

Turner is the second coming of Paul Pierce

Turner reminds me of Brandon Roy just very smooth. Roy did admit he has been watching Paul Pierce highlights for months trying to improve his half-court offense. Trying to get the Truth's elite footwork. Turner's not strong enough to be Paul Pierce. I hope he goes to the Wizards Turner's a good kid exactly what Washington needs. I wouldn't wish the Clippers on anyone.

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 06:29:35 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Wall has that star presence - in the Louisville game it was latent - where he will only take over when he has to ... can tell he is a good teammate.  He is flawed but he makes a couple of omg plays a game. 

Cousins might go #2 - he is a high risk pick though, because of his reputation as a knucklehead.  Derrick Coleman risk is there ... but the kid is averaging 30 and 20 per 40 minutes, that is sick.

Evan Turner's numbers speak for themselves.  I think he could fit any team - but John Wall is an otherworldly prospect - best since Chris Paul.  Evan Turner is a quirkier fit positionally - but he will be a good player.

Better than Derrick Rose?  Really?  Maybe I'm nitpicking, but even without hindsight, I feel they were equally anticipated.

I do really like Wall's game a ton, I don't find him overrated at all and think the hype is real.  Maybe I overrated Rose?  I thought he was going to be an insane NBA player... still might.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 08:33:37 PM »

Offline Meds

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6

Better than Derrick Rose?  Really?  Maybe I'm nitpicking, but even without hindsight, I feel they were equally anticipated.

I do really like Wall's game a ton, I don't find him overrated at all and think the hype is real.  Maybe I overrated Rose?  I thought he was going to be an insane NBA player... still might.
Wall is more anticipated because he is doing more quicker. Chris Douglas Roberts was the statistically best player on Memphis untill the NCAA tournament. Wall is doing more quicker. And since he's so good with both hands and he's a better shooter than Rose. I hope he goes out west. What happens if the Twolves get the #1 pick and then have Wall Flynn and Rubio. Thats a predicament because there is no way they can pass on wall.

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2010, 02:56:12 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

Wall is more anticipated because he is doing more quicker. Chris Douglas Roberts was the statistically best player on Memphis untill the NCAA tournament. Wall is doing more quicker. And since he's so good with both hands and he's a better shooter than Rose. I hope he goes out west. What happens if the Twolves get the #1 pick and then have Wall Flynn and Rubio. Thats a predicament because there is no way they can pass on wall.

That would force Kahn to make a trade he ought to have made already.

I doubt Flynn has a ton of trade value, though.  Rubio's situation also makes him a dubious asset.  For Wall's sake, I really hope Minnie doesn't get the #1 (or Detroit, which has a similar logjam at guard).
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers