Author Topic: Bioshock 2  (Read 1763 times)

Bioshock 2
« on: February 11, 2010, 11:10:34 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439

I loved the first Bioshock and thought it was just brilliant and creative.

I feared than a new Bioshock wouldn't be as good as the first but man, I've started Bioshock 2 two days ago and it's really brilliant too!

Once again the atmosphere, the gore, the landscape, the scenes, the action... everything is well written and scripted and you really get into Rapture. There are a lot of scary moments in this game and although the graphics have been a little disappointing since it's the same engine than in 2007, the water effects are still amazing.

Anyone else is playing this game? If not, and if you liked the first Bioshock, you should really play this one, it's as good as the first, if not better so far in terms of fun with the new weapons and additions.

The only disappointments are that you don't have the surprise of discovering the city anymore and the scenario seems to follow the same tracks as the first game, but it's still a pleasure to play this game, and the new environments are pretty sick too!

Re: Bioshock 2
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 08:48:57 AM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
BUYER BEWARE!!!

I have a 6 month old, fairly powerful PC.  I've yet to encounter a game I can't run at max settings.  I downloaded this game from Steam at the day of launch, installed it, and there is a game ending bug.  I cannot start the game.

I go online looking for fixes and finds hundreds of users on the 2k forums alone, all with the same problem.  I am using windows vista, not some arcane obscure operating system.

So far to this day, not only is there not a fix, but there isn't even a post on the 2K forums stating there WILL be a fix.  This was a download; I can't return the game.  If I could I would just buy it for my xbox.  The fact that I cannot even start the game is an indication to me this is not a performance bug, but rather a problem with something basic on my machine.  The problem there is, I haven't taken the time to fiddle with this machine.  It's pretty much in 'fresh out of the box' status, so for a game not to work at all is frustrating.

Anyways, there you go.  My roommate bought it for the PS3 so I've been playing it; not as good as the first one, but still quite good.  But frankly if 2k doesn't put out a fix for this, I won't be buying their games again, and there is already talk of a class action law suit unless they provide refunds.